Computer Talk Discussions here pertain to mods, troubleshooting, and PC/console gaming

MacBook or MacBook Pro?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 10:11 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rubysRunner
Yeah, I ended up getting the older model, and I ordered an extra gig of ram online. I've had it for a week now, and I love it. I'll never go back to windoze.
GOOD MAN!!!

You did the right thing...you won't be able to tell the difference in the processor, and Apple is too expensive on their ram. I bought the macbook and got the biggest hard drive available since it is difficult to upgrade, and added my own ram for a fraction on the cost like you did.

I love it when a windoze user talks about my mac, I just pull up parrallels and say "Look I have your computer on my computer! but it runs faster than your computer!" Windoze is a Joke! Too bad everyone is brain-washed by it...buying a mac is like buying a Toyota....you know what I mean! Get what works!

Last edited by nieuwendyk-25; 07-10-2007 at 10:14 AM.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:15 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good inof on this thread.

I plan on a Macbook (non pro - I want the smaller screen).

I got my dad a macbook 3 years ago (a month before the Mac Mini came out) because I was tired of debugging his windoz computer (infected, viruses, malware, upgrades etc - and he has dial up so it was a real PITA - I dat to truck in home every other week and re build it).. its been problem free except for a fried model (lightning strike) which applecare fixed. Apple care costs LESS than the yearly upgrades to the windoze computer for firewall, malware, spy ware etc protection....

I plan on running parallels or boot camp for the windoz stuff that I need (GPS software, nokia download software etc)
Old 07-10-2007, 12:55 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by nieuwendyk-25
GOOD MAN!!!

You did the right thing...you won't be able to tell the difference in the processor, and Apple is too expensive on their ram. I bought the macbook and got the biggest hard drive available since it is difficult to upgrade, and added my own ram for a fraction on the cost like you did.

I love it when a windoze user talks about my mac, I just pull up parrallels and say "Look I have your computer on my computer! but it runs faster than your computer!" Windoze is a Joke! Too bad everyone is brain-washed by it...buying a mac is like buying a Toyota....you know what I mean! Get what works!
LOL...I think you mean WOMAN...but I'll get over it

I'm not sure I'm going to need windoze for anything, so I don't know if I'll even install parallels. This one only has a 120GB hard drive, so the less junk hanging around the better. I've got a 500 GB external drive for mass storage, so I think I'll be ok with the smaller hard drive.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:22 PM
Contributing Member

LOL...I think you mean WOMAN...but I'll get over it

I'm not sure I'm going to need windoze for anything, so I don't know if I'll even install parallels. This one only has a 120GB hard drive, so the less junk hanging around the better. I've got a 500 GB external drive for mass storage, so I think I'll be ok with the smaller hard drive.
OOPS! Duh! Doh! Sorry Julie....I didn't even read your signature! You know most women are smart enough to get a mac...it seems to be the men who are stubborn and brain washed!

I run windoze in my office, and I am considering getting a mac for my server and running the windoze on it! The computer I use at my desk is a macbook laptop. The only problem I have had with it, is that the black matte finish is chipped in a couple of areas...and I did have the battery issues twice, but covered by warranty.

By the way, how's the weather up there? My sister in law is from Abbotsford, BC! I do have to say, I was going through some kids clothes they gave us the other day and came across a NUCKS jersey....I really wanted to burn it! I do like them better than the wings though...I refrained! Man was that a series or what! Go Stars!

Last edited by nieuwendyk-25; 07-10-2007 at 01:32 PM.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:49 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by nieuwendyk-25
OOPS! Duh! Doh! Sorry Julie....I didn't even read your signature! You know most women are smart enough to get a mac...it seems to be the men who are stubborn and brain washed!

I run windoze in my office, and I am considering getting a mac for my server and running the windoze on it! The computer I use at my desk is a macbook laptop. The only problem I have had with it, is that the black matte finish is chipped in a couple of areas...and I did have the battery issues twice, but covered by warranty.

By the way, how's the weather up there? My sister in law is from Abbotsford, BC! I do have to say, I was going through some kids clothes they gave us the other day and came across a NUCKS jersey....I really wanted to burn it! I do like them better than the wings though...I refrained! Man was that a series or what! Go Stars!
The weather is HOT!! Well for us anyways, its 95* in the shade at my place right now. Supposed to be hotter tomorrow...I hate the heat. Abbotsford huh? Well that's about 15mins from where I live, just across the river.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:22 PM
Contributing Member

Oh and one more question for you guys. Should I get the 3 year Apple Care warranty? What do you think?
Old 07-10-2007, 06:13 PM
Contributing Member

Oh and one more question for you guys. Should I get the 3 year Apple Care warranty? What do you think?
FYI, it does not cover the battery (I am on my third and my original warranty just ran out...they were all replaced on the original warranty) which has been my only problem...My brother who is a self proclaimed mac expert doesn't think it is worth it.

We are actually cooler down here, but have had a lot! and I mean a lot of rain! I just got back from Colorado, and it was hot there too.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My battery was replaced under apple care - but it might have been one of the recalled versions (tho I cross checked the serial numbers when the recall was first announced and it wasnt on the recall list)
Old 07-10-2007, 06:27 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by ewong
My battery was replaced under apple care - but it might have been one of the recalled versions (tho I cross checked the serial numbers when the recall was first announced and it wasnt on the recall list)
The "Genius" at the Apple store told me it wouldn't be, but he might be wrong...he said it was a wear item. They may be more relaxed on it since they have been having problems with them. He could have sold me the plan if he had said it was covered....