Computer Talk Discussions here pertain to mods, troubleshooting, and PC/console gaming

COD4 Map update

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 03:52 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
COD4 Map update

hey everyone. well let me start by saying i am a die hard COD4 addict haha. i just got a new 40" samsung 1080p and with the ps3s graphics it is amazing. anyway.. i bought the ps3 from my old roommate with COD4 and he created the ID and account for it. anyways the credit card he had on account has been canceled awhile ago and i have nooo idea how to change it and i want to keep the ID. i really want the new maps!

sooo i was wondering if anyone out there with the new map update would let me sign onto their ps3 network and download the maps onto my ps3. i was reading around and i guess it works.

so please let me know. i would rather not have to do it this way, but it seems like my only option. hell i will mail someone ten bucks just for the help! haha

thanks and happy killing

Old 11-30-2008, 07:05 PM

Ah, another addict!!!! I play mine on the PC, wish I could help ya out. I can't wait to pick up World At War in dec. WWII is my genre, but Modern Warfare rocks!! If you play online, check out Combat Arms. It's a free download, online play only, a lot like COD4.....
Old 12-01-2008, 08:27 AM
Contributing Member

I have played the new maps I don't think they are worth it that much. I don't have a copy but I may look into that as my friend played them. Anyway I'm prestige rank 5 lvl 28 or so. What's your username so I can add as a friend and we can play. I'm mad addicted to this game. Oh COD5 is ok if you like WWII. I beta tested it and it was good but I like the modern warfare better.

Oh and my niece lives in Durango and I used to live there like about 10 years ago.

Last edited by spaceycayce; 12-01-2008 at 08:30 AM.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:38 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by spaceycayce
I have played the new maps I don't think they are worth it that much. I don't have a copy but I may look into that as my friend played them. Anyway I'm prestige rank 5 lvl 28 or so. What's your username so I can add as a friend and we can play. I'm mad addicted to this game. Oh COD5 is ok if you like WWII. I beta tested it and it was good but I like the modern warfare better.

Oh and my niece lives in Durango and I used to live there like about 10 years ago.
yeah ive heard the new maps arent the best, but after playing the same 6-7 maps over, and over a little change would be nice. i did check the maps out on youtube and a couple of them look pretty sweet. as of now im at prestige rank 6 and ~lvl 46. my id is b4na2st0y... haha long story

yeah COD5 looks pretty sweet, i definitely want to test it out. but i also like the more modern warfare.

thats cool, durango is a nice a place. does she go to fort lewis?

Old 12-01-2008, 09:40 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by a4runnerfreak
Ah, another addict!!!! I play mine on the PC, wish I could help ya out. I can't wait to pick up World At War in dec. WWII is my genre, but Modern Warfare rocks!! If you play online, check out Combat Arms. It's a free download, online play only, a lot like COD4.....
hey thanks for the info about that combat arms, it looks sweet. ill have to install it on my desktop later.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:47 PM
Contributing Member

aww... moved to computer talk.. now nooo one is going to find this post!
Old 12-04-2008, 02:24 PM

combat arms will drive you nuts. imho its inferior even for a free game. not to bash on those who enjoy it, its just not for me.

anyhow, if you play cod4 on a pc, check out www.thesocialmisfits.com. i play in that clan under the name -SM-Ewok. we run a 24/7 crossfire server and also have a vent set up should anyone decided to get on it.

cod5- i beta tested it on the pc and im horribly under impressed. it was buggy as hell. i have yet to pick up a new copy but nearly every single person in my clan is having some type of major issue with it (one guy had all his info get erased each time he quit the game until he just stopped playing.). give it some time to get updates and patches before you buy it.

Last edited by JShaffer0525; 12-04-2008 at 02:25 PM.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:12 PM
Contributing Member

cough