Vehicle Audio & Home Entertainment Discussions here pertain to vehicle stereo systems and home entertainment systems

OEM NAV is in. Pics inside.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 06:47 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you do order it, and want to avoid waiting for a reply to your e-mail, or want to avoid PayPal, I think I still have the number lying around.

I think you'll be happy with it.

The hardest part is the cutting.
Go slow and take a little off each time and make plenty of test fits. I probably made like 25 myself, and most came from the original cutting that didn't leave room for the face to slide down.
Old 03-24-2005, 06:29 PM
Contributing Member

can this unit be hooked up with a sat tuner (sirius)? It says sat, why not? That would be awesome, instead of the usual fm modulator. There is a stock antenna switch for older trucks that you could put in, im not sure of the pn though/.
Old 03-25-2005, 09:31 AM
Contributing Member

I'm actually going to look into Sirius. I don't see why it wouldn't be possible.
You can always look for a unit that's like the "MY-FI" or what ever, that you put next to your radio and tune it to 88.3 or 88.9. Plus things like that are nice and portable.

I would like a hardwired unit.
One thing I'd rather do than pay a subscription each month is buy a unit that gets it for free. Say like you pay a one time fee of $600(random#) for the unit and that will cover subscription fees.
Kinda like NAV does. You but the unit and the software, and that helps pay for the satellites and all. Get me?
Old 03-28-2005, 06:52 AM
Contributing Member

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
4RF,
Please email the phone number to me.

Also, any additional impressions now that you've had it in there for a while?

Andreas
Old 03-28-2005, 07:37 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 4-RUNNIN' FREAK
I'm actually going to look into Sirius. I don't see why it wouldn't be possible.
You can always look for a unit that's like the "MY-FI" or what ever, that you put next to your radio and tune it to 88.3 or 88.9. Plus things like that are nice and portable.

I would like a hardwired unit.

I did this awhile back too when they first came out with them. The flash makes the fabric seem a lot more fuzzier and shinnier (sp?) then it looks in person.

Old 03-28-2005, 01:28 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by sdastg1
I did this awhile back too when they first came out with them. The flash makes the fabric seem a lot more fuzzier and shinnier (sp?) then it looks in person.

I was thinking about that same place but not covering it up with fabric.
That is one thing I don't really want to cut into though.

Can ya help me out with a model number/price with that?
And is it one of the units you can take with you that uses the radio to tune to 88.whatever?
Old 03-28-2005, 01:35 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by aowRS
Also, any additional impressions now that you've had it in there for a while?
Andreas
Still didn't get around to tapping the speed or reverse wires.
I didn't really try plus the weather isn't the greatest here yet.
Once I get around to that, I'll have the voice and maybe some other features that you can see on the screen, but can't touch.

I still never found the speed wire. I think It's green with orange stripe if I remember from asking.

It is...https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/vehicle-speed-sensor-wire-location-14343/

Last edited by 4-RUNNIN' FREAK; 03-28-2005 at 01:36 PM.
Old 03-28-2005, 01:59 PM
Contributing Member

I was thinking about that same place but not covering it up with fabric.
That is one thing I don't really want to cut into though.

Can ya help me out with a model number/price with that?
And is it one of the units you can take with you that uses the radio to tune to 88.whatever?

It's not cut. All the guy did was remove the plastic cup thing, and built around it, a small holder. He then covered the whole thing in fabric. When needed, the whole thing can be taken apart and put back to stock. The wires are run through the paneling, and down the side, and into the radio, and run on 88.5.

I can go look up the model number, but i dont think they sell this model anymore. and yes you can just pull it out and take it with you and attach in another car, or to a home base unit.
Old 03-28-2005, 02:03 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by sdastg1
It's not cut. All the guy did was remove the plastic cup thing, and built around it, a small holder. He then covered the whole thing in fabric.
Ahh... Good. Thats just the type of work I like to do.
Old 03-29-2005, 04:05 AM
Contributing Member

I took some more pics of it last night. Pic one shows a feature that is disabled since I don't have the speed sensor wire tapped.

The white box is not around it. I do not have voice guidance yet, unless it's just a feature that enables when you have a destination programmed in. Only one way for me to find out.

A shot of the whole dash. Note the Green knobs on the radio, I want those for my climate control knobs. I'd rather have the ring on the knob than the halo around the knob. Get me?

A night shot with overhead map lights on showing the NAV and CD slots. I can barely see the CD slot from the angle where I sit since the radio is so low.

A shot of the CD screen text.

I have more photos of the 4 colors you can choose from, both "day" and "night" shots, but they aren't the greatest.
Colors are blue, green, gray and beige.
Old 03-29-2005, 04:19 AM
Contributing Member

Pictures in the first column are "night" pics as I recall, and second column are "day" pics. (Autodims with headlights)

Green:

Blue:

Gray:

Beige:

Calendar shot:

A shot of the face with the "screen off" feature at night. You can see the knobs that I'd like to have for climate control better.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:55 PM
Contributing Member

can you adjust the brightness too? or is the screen only on or off?
Old 03-30-2005, 02:56 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by dibble9012
can you adjust the brightness too? or is the screen only on or off?
Brightness and contrast. You can also change the day/night to be the opposite of what it should, but after driving to work with a dim screen and I turn off my headlights, I can't look at the radio it's so bright.
Old 03-31-2005, 03:59 AM
Contributing Member

S'more pics.

This shows that it does have the capability to calibrate for larger or smaller tires. How and if it works, I don't know.

This shows where you can change the speeds at which you travel to better help estimating the time of a trip from point "A" to point "B".

This is for Dibble who asked about brightness adjustments.

This shows a feature where you can avoid known bad areas. I think if you program in a "bad" area, it will automatically reroute you around it. I am not 100% positive on this. The book is quite long and I still have yet to get through it.

Last edited by 4-RUNNIN' FREAK; 03-31-2005 at 04:16 AM.
Old 03-31-2005, 10:38 AM

Say like you pay a one time fee of $600(random#) for the unit and that will cover subscription fees.
Try looking here. I don't know if XM does it, but Sirius offers a lifetime subscription option.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:38 PM
Contributing Member

does it say anywhere in the manual about sirius sat radio? I know the eclipse unit has it, i do not want to use an fm modulator, i want it directly connected to the unit
Old 03-31-2005, 04:05 PM
Contributing Member

March 31st, 2005

We have three Camry and three Solara Navigation systems in stock. Sadly, this will be the last batch of Toyota Navigation systems we will have for sale for a while, and possibly, forever.
Old 03-31-2005, 04:34 PM
Contributing Member

does it say anywhere in the manual about sirius sat radio? I know the eclipse unit has it, i do not want to use an fm modulator, i want it directly connected to the unit
I'll look tonight. I'd like it hardwired, but I am going to get a portable so I can take it into other cars and trucks at work and all. Or maybe lend it out if a friend wants it for a trip. Versatile.

This is from www.OEMValue.com

Toyota XM Radio Kit - Toyota XM radio kit provides 68 Commercial-Free Music channels, 32 channels of News, Sports, Talk & Entertainment, and 21 channels of XM Instant Traffic & Weather.

$250 for the kit from our sources, $10 a month. Works with Camry and Solara units. (not included)

(Picture of XM radio stations displayed on a Solara Navigation unit installed in a Sienna)

Last edited by 4-RUNNIN' FREAK; 03-31-2005 at 04:35 PM.
Old 03-31-2005, 05:03 PM
Contributing Member

ok, cool, i guess ill get xm, i was going to get sirius because my friends hat it
Old 03-31-2005, 05:14 PM
Contributing Member

ok, cool, i guess ill get xm, i was going to get sirius because my friends hat it
I heard both and honestly I like Sirius better. Thats just an opinion. I can care less about the sports since I am more into the "extreme" sports, I like the electronic music and the fact that Howard Stern is moving there.

Quick Reply: OEM NAV is in. Pics inside.