Vehicle Audio & Home Entertainment Discussions here pertain to vehicle stereo systems and home entertainment systems

Bumpin' Yota sub box review.

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 02:57 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bumpin' Yota sub box review.

Im sure all of you know who bumpin' yota (steve) is. I asked him to build me a sub box for my 4runner and man am I happy with it. I decided I would write a little review to show how great steve's boxes are.

Quality of the box: GREAT inside and out. Completely sealed on the inside and no excessive glue or inside. The box is SOLID..without the subs it weighs about 50lbs. The box is designed with the woofers on the top, the port facing the tailgate and the terminals are in the back. The carpet is regular grey but is good quality and neatly attached over the entire box.

Sound Quality: I had a prefab Q-logic box and it just sucked. the bass was farty and the box leaked air and had a HORRIBLE rattle in it. The difference in sound quality is incredible. The new box sounds 100x tighter and goes WAY deeper than the old box. It goes deep enough to make your stomach hurt. To sum it up..the box sounds amazing.

Things I learned: Bumpin' Yota (Steve) is a great guy and i recommend him to anyone on this forum who is looking for an amazing sub box. He went above and beyond my expectations to get me my sub box. There was a shipping conflict and Steve was in England. He still took time to help me out and get it all sorted out.

Also: I purchased my setup used the PO didnt know much about car audio....
Im running 2 12" Alpine Type-R subs..They are both Dual 4-ohm model.
I have a Rockford Fosgate 1001bd amp..which is 1000watts x1 RMS @ 2ohms and obviously i am running at 4 ohms..which means i am running 500 watts rms..so 250watts a speaker. I always thought that my subs did not hit hard enough to be running 1000 watts.

Anyways: with only running 500 watts steve's box SLAMS...I can't even imagine what it will be like when I get a new amp.
Old 08-22-2006, 05:13 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice. I just bought 2 boxes on eBay for the same exact subs you have but one is going in my car and the other in my 4runner. I shoulda contacted Steve first but forgot about him.

I saw your other thread about possibly buying another amp. I might be interested in the one you have now, if you decide to sell it.

also, I'm sure i'm not the only that would like to see your box so....
Old 08-22-2006, 09:30 PM
Contributing Member

Videos and pics are soon to come.

Im debating if I want to sell my subs or my amp. I really like the amp a lot because its small and puts out lots of power and not a lot of heat. You can find the amp (RF 1001bd) on ebay for about $300-400 from what I have seen. They are good amps so nobody really sells them. They ran about $700-800 new i think.

Im probably going to just sell my 4ohm subs and get a pair of 2ohm models.

If you want a box from steve you could always try and return the boxes that you got on ebay.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:49 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hehehe glad you like it! Now I have to get Greg's kickpanels done ASAP!!! The poor guy has been waiting for months now! Your box and his kicks were supposed to ship on the same day, but Im still not satisfied with his kicks yet...they need to be perfect!

Def. post some pics! (I forgot to take some prior to packing it up)

Get a crossfire 1000d on em at 1ohm and youll be amazed! (Or an MTX 81000d if you have a copious amount of current to feed it...hehehhe)

Last edited by Bumpin' Yota; 08-24-2006 at 07:50 AM.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Bumpin' Yota
Hehehe glad you like it! Now I have to get Greg's kickpanels done ASAP!!! The poor guy has been waiting for months now! Your box and his kicks were supposed to ship on the same day, but Im still not satisfied with his kicks yet...they need to be perfect!

Def. post some pics! (I forgot to take some prior to packing it up)

Get a crossfire 1000d on em at 1ohm and youll be amazed! (Or an MTX 81000d if you have a copious amount of current to feed it...hehehhe)
heh you know i'm lurking
THREAD HIJACK
just installed an orion 150.2 (90wrmsx2.. but i think a bit less) cobalt amp for my rear speaks.... man, do they overpower the front speakers... jesus, i cant wait till the kicks are in ... i'm pretty sure the speakers will overpower the sub... lol... 400wrms to the speakers, or 200 to the sub... hehhe....

Greg
THREAD HIJACK OVER