The Fab Shop Tube buggies, armor protection and anything else that requires cutting, welding, or custom fab work

All Pro Off Road Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 07:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All Pro Off Road Warranty

I am looking at the all pro off road SAS Kit and rear lift kit for my 92 PU. I was reading their webstie and the warranty only covers 90 days. I am a bit concerned because often problems don't arise for more then 90 days. Does anyone have any experiences with broken components or sagging springs? I would like to know about any experiences.

Thanks,
AL
Old 11-09-2005, 07:16 PM
Banned

no this might be the wrong way to send you... but i would look into sky manufacturing, marlin crawler, or front range offroad first... i jsut have heard too many stories about allpro not caring about the customers....

in that respect you can at least see who else is out there and then decide for yourself..... although im not to the point i will never buy anything from allpro, they are not going to be my first choice
Old 11-09-2005, 07:38 PM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
I got All Pro stuff...works fine so far...I'll let you know in a year if it sucks.

You can't go wrong w/ Marlin though, they have a great product and even better customer service. Call them up or hit their website!

Old 11-10-2005, 05:58 AM

IMO

...a 90 day warrenty for any product that is designed and built for off highway use is more than I'd give if I was building the kits!

I've had my All Pro stuff (SAS W/ Hi-steer, dual T'case mount, rear suspention w/ flip kit, sliders) on since 2001. It's got 47,000 miles on it since completion, run thousands of miles of dirt roads, done lots of crawlin' in AZ and at teh Hammer's, and other than "normal" breakage (sheared knuckle studs, bent tierod, replaced all the tierod ends), it's been good stuff.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:18 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
a warrentee from All Pro is designed to catch manufacutring defects. (least i would think) Not "you bashed the ever living ˟˟˟˟˟ out of your truck and broke it" and now want them to replace the parts you trashed because "its under warrentee"

so 90 days doenst sound unreasonable in order sort out any manufactureing defect problems
Old 11-10-2005, 07:58 AM

I disagree. Off road equipment should be built to take abuse, it is the nature of the beast. If I was building a street rig maybe but when I but an axle swap kit then it can be expected the suspension is going to cycle and worked out. I don't expect an outright abuse of equipment to get taken care of but I do expect welds to hold and joints not to break. Often something will be built well enough to hold for a few outtings and then fail, but with a 90 day warranty if you count 30 days (this isn't my full time job, things take time) or more to install and wheeling every other weekend then you have 3 trips or less to forcibly break components. I don't like to forcibly break anything, it means I have to fix it, even if the parts are under warranty. Besides, I am not arguing about the 90 days, if that is a hard line then I just won't buy anything, if it is a "your stupid" clause and the company will work with people who didn't abuse their equipment but it did fail after 90 days then I might.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am pleased with allpro's products. I have visited there warehouse personally. The guys are veryt personable. I have thier parking brake disc brake, rock sliders, and shackles.

When I purchased the parking brake (My first allpro purchase), I was unsure of how to install it. They offered a ton of help over the phone. Then when I went to install it I noticed that one bolt was not long enough to reach the T-case. They sent me a new one quickly. Then I was unsure of how to adjust the arm for the brake, again they helped a great deal.

My sliders and shackles are relatively new, but I have faith that they are quality products.

All the guys there drive toyotas and know what they are dealing with. I think 90 days is 60 more days than they shold have to waranty you for.
Old 11-13-2005, 02:00 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by waskillywabbit
I got All Pro stuff...works fine so far...I'll let you know in a year if it sucks.

You can't go wrong w/ Marlin though, they have a great product and even better customer service. Call them up or hit their website!

Marlin's product is top notch but I'd say I disagree with the customer service.

my all pro springs havent sagged after 4 yrs.

Last edited by outdoorfever; 11-13-2005 at 02:44 PM.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by jeepin_al
I disagree. Off road equipment should be built to take abuse, it is the nature of the beast.
If I was building a street rig maybe but when I but an axle swap kit then it can be expected the suspension is going to cycle and worked out.
the suspension will cycle and work out assuming YOU have put everything together properly.

I don't expect an outright abuse of equipment to get taken care of but I do expect welds to hold and joints not to break.
AP has been selling thier stuff for a while now, if they had poor weld problems, i dont think they would even be in business today

Often something will be built well enough to hold for a few outtings and then fail, but with a 90 day warranty if you count 30 days (this isn't my full time job, things take time) or more to install and wheeling every other weekend then you have 3 trips or less to forcibly break components. I don't like to forcibly break anything, it means I have to fix it, even if the parts are under warranty. Besides, I am not arguing about the 90 days, if that is a hard line then I just won't buy anything, if it is a "your stupid" clause and the company will work with people who didn't abuse their equipment but it did fail after 90 days then I might.
AP, like most off road shops isnt some giant corporation. they are a relatively small outfit. due to the nature of off roading, which is abusive, they cannot warranty anything past 90 days for the simple fact that there are people who love to try and break ÅÅÅÅ. IMO, you are lucky they give a warranty at all.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:23 AM

I haven't had that good of luck dealing with All Pro. I did a couple of there High Steer Kits for customers and we discovered the center link would hit the oil pan on full up travel (bottoming). After a few phone calls talking with Jay at AP, He said he noticed he had the same problem on his truck, so All Pro finally admitted that there was a problem with the High Steer kit hitting oil pans. They explained that it worked better with 7"s of lift. The problem with that is it still needs to be able to bottom out without hitting anything. They also told us that normal slow rock crawing would not be a problem, but try not to bottom out both wheels together. We asked for a refund and they told us no because we had installed it. Alway's check the warranty to make sure it covers installed parts. Other then that there parts are alright and I haven't had any other problems.

Last edited by Scottz; 11-16-2005 at 09:31 AM.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Napoleon047
the suspension will cycle and work out assuming YOU have put everything together properly.

AP has been selling thier stuff for a while now, if they had poor weld problems, i dont think they would even be in business today

AP, like most off road shops isnt some giant corporation. they are a relatively small outfit. due to the nature of off roading, which is abusive, they cannot warranty anything past 90 days for the simple fact that there are people who love to try and break ÅÅÅÅ. IMO, you are lucky they give a warranty at all.
Guess that is why I will fab it myself. In a demand market you gotta take what they give you, in my world you decide your own choices. You pointed out that off roading is tough on equipment, shouldn't the equipment sold to off road be expected to be tough? And because it is a small operation I am supposed to just blindly pay even if it breaks my third time down the trail?
Old 11-18-2005, 06:44 AM

some times I miss flamin' people...

Old 11-18-2005, 11:41 AM

Jeepin???

Jeepin;

Doesnt your jeep already have a dana 30 solid axle in the front??
Old 11-18-2005, 01:33 PM

If your world is as you say...then why even look outside for a solution or even pose the question here?

AP kit is awesome. Very well built, some minor differences between Marlin's kit but both are comparable in quality.

90 Days is fair for a warranty for a dedicated offroad product over which they have ZERO controls on how it's installed.

Your on the right path though Grasshopper by looking Toyota for the offroader..assuming that's why your building it.
Old 11-18-2005, 02:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by formulatoy#36
If your world is as you say...then why even look outside for a solution or even pose the question here?

AP kit is awesome. Very well built, some minor differences between Marlin's kit but both are comparable in quality.

90 Days is fair for a warranty for a dedicated offroad product over which they have ZERO controls on how it's installed.

Your on the right path though Grasshopper by looking Toyota for the offroader..assuming that's why your building it.
I was gonna say something about the install. It would be hard to have a warranty on offroad products because of the variables that cause breakage. Like install, or being stupid...ect. I think 90 days is a good warranty. I heard All-Pro makes some good stuff.
Old 11-19-2005, 08:51 AM
Contributing Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by outdoorfever
Marlin's product is top notch but I'd say I disagree with the customer service.

my all pro springs havent sagged after 4 yrs.
Hey Kyle, new location now I see. I know exactly what you mean about Marlin's customer service, they have been very hard to get hold of sometimes. Lucky I have a good nation-wide calling plan because during their move the last 3 weeks I've called about 30-40 times trying to get somebody to answer the phone. And there were times a few months ago too where they wouldn't answer their phone. But when I do get through to somebody the service has been good.

Superlift covered a broken diff drop bracket under warranty on my truck after 7 years.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:50 PM
Contributing Member

Dale i hear ya. I FINALLY got through on the billionth time(barely an exageration). First it was emails....they responded quick. Then they gave up on me so I didn't like that too much. SO i called...nothing. Well after about a month of hassle I got my money back. As you said, once they answer the phone, it's fantastic. Until then...forget about it.

btw just found a roommate...I'll be leaving soon.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:07 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
marlin and company take good care of me. there isn't anything all-pro has that marlin doesn't, and i trust marlin's stuff more

i wonder when allpro will stop selling those cast hysteer arms? ah well, i don't care, i've got a nice shiny set of billet marlin arms...
Old 11-24-2005, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by kyle_22r
marlin and company take good care of me. there isn't anything all-pro has that marlin doesn't, and i trust marlin's stuff more

i wonder when allpro will stop selling those cast hysteer arms? ah well, i don't care, i've got a nice shiny set of billet marlin arms...
X2 on AP
Old 11-24-2005, 12:16 PM

The AP kit is not complete just so you know. I just worked on one of those SAS kits and they forget to mention you'll need wedges to get the driveshaft angles right. Oh yeah knowing you need them they don't include them. You have to buy them extra It's things like that which make me steer away from all pro. I haven't been lucky on a few of Marlins products either BUT Dave has taken care of every issue without question

Quick Reply: All Pro Off Road Warranty