4Runners-3rd gen Post your 3rd gens here

22re-efer's Profile

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 07:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
22re-efer's Profile

Well here's my latest Toyota - "PURPLE HAZE". It's a 1996 Sr5 4runner with the 3.4litre and 5speed. 350,000 kms on the odometer. Many more to come. Its been a lot of fun getting it set up the way I want, and I still have many more projects planned. It just takes time and money. Thanks for looking.

PLEASE DO NOT POST REPLIES TO THIS THREAD, AS REQUESTED BY THE MODERATORS. THANKS.

This photo was taken near our cabin in the wilds of Beautiful B.C. (I have since lifted the truck and have 265/75 16 Toyo Open Country MT's on it. I had 31 x 12.5" ProComp XTerrains on it in this photo.)

This photo was taken recently up at our cabin.

This photo was taken on a camping trip around the lower half of B.C. a couple summers ago.

Last edited by 22re-efer; 11-08-2011 at 07:58 PM.
Old 01-14-2006, 08:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Purple Haze" - 1996 Toyota 4Runner SR5, 3.4l V6, 5speed tranny, all options that I know of except for a sunroof and a locker (Damn).

This truck has been in the family since almost new and I have every receipt from over the years. It's a testament to Toyota OEM quality to say that at 350,000 kms the only parts (besides regular tune-up parts) that were not put on the truck in Japan when it was built, are the brakes, battery, fuel pump, shocks and coils, diff actuator, a couple of coil packs, the steering rack (My fault - I neglected to replace the rotted out bushing), an ABS speed sensor and the muffler. The radiator, clutch, alternator, starter, etc. etc. are all original, and it still runs great! Gotta love Toyotas.

Modifications and Customizations
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I have had the truck for a few years now, but since I got it, these are some of the things I have done to it:

Washed it and vaccummed repeatedly to remove 15 pounds of dog hair
Ripped off running boards and trimmed up fender flares
Trimmed plastic and hammered pinch weld in wheel wells
Removed front plastic valance
Installed front/rear diff breather extension
Installed new muffler (tucked up high for clearance)
Installed JVC deck with iPod control, amp, 10" Sub and 6.5" mids with stock Toy tweets
Installed Spiral Cell battery
Wired in a second battery (Deep Cycle) in the back area, and fixed up the trailer wiring harness
Wired up clutch-start kill switch, fuel pump kill switch, full-time cig lighter/power source and flashing LED w/relay
Wired up under-hood light with hood trigger and relay
Synthetic gear oil in diffs, transfer case and tranny
Deckplate modification (4")
Intake silencer modification
Clutch return spring modification
Disconnected daytime running lights
Installed F250 horns
Stripped and painted front grill and bumpers
Removed badging and stickers from tailgate
Installed polyurethane bumpstops and sway-bar bushings
Installed OME 890 Rear lift springs and Monroe Sensatrac shocks, and Toytec Bilstein/Eibach coilovers up front
Slotted and drilled front rotors w/ Kevlar Metallic pads new calipers
Running 265/75 - 16 Toyo MT's. Upgraded to 16" Toyota alloys, with 1.5" wheel spacers all round.
Installed later model headlights, and KC's - more light makes road trips much better

E-locker and 4.30 gears soon.......

Last edited by 22re-efer; 11-08-2011 at 08:09 PM.