Post Your Tests Here Use this sectin for testing your signature files, and for testing pictures/avatars

High school build

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 07:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
High school build

Well as the title states, i started this build when i was 15. I got the truck with a blown motor and no transmission. It was completely bone stock with a horrible gangster lean. I eventually finished rebuilding the motor, and put an automatic tranny in. i wheeled it for a while on some 30" at's:

I eventually decided i wanted more so i slapped a body lift on it .... bad idea!! and mounted up a set of 33s. soon after this, i blew up the automatic tranny... atf spewing EVERYWHERE!!! instead of putting an auto back in, I decided to swap it to a manual. and of course since i was going through all this trouble, i might as well do dual cases with a twin stick!

So by this time, i was nearing the end of my senior year in high school and it was time so start looking at what school i would attend..... I chose Tenn. Technological University in Cookeville due largely in part to the amazing area it is in... AKA SWEET TRAILS!!!! i realized around this time i had better really start equipping the runner for what cookeville had to offer... Then it began, and took most of my time and money all summer. i bought an axle out of an 85, shaved the drain plug, put beefy dff. studs in it, added all of the gussets available on the market, and even fabbed some of my own where it looked as if something was lacking, added some dff armor, and installed a locked 4.88 3rd member. I used bilstien long travel shocks all around as well as tg 5" leafs.

I then installed a Detroit and 4.88s in the rear as well as some beef... added sliders... built a front bumper and mounted a winch and some 35" bfg km2s......i have left out lots, but im sick of typing. haha

and this is what i came out with:

Wayyyyy too tall!!!