Notices
Customer Feedback For Vendors Use this forum for feedback good or bad on vendor's & dealer's you have dealt with

Crutchfield

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 12:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crutchfield

I want to take a moment to do what very few people do on the internet; make a POSITIVE comment about a vendor.

I have a '94 pickup that had the original tape deck and two 4" speakers, only one of which worked (and barely). I finally broke down and bought some gear based on some recommendations from this site, I purchased a head unit, replacement 4" speakers and a small 8 inch amped sub.

I got a box of stuff within 3 days of ordering. In the box was everything I ordered plus a wiring kit and installation instructions for MY specific vehicle. I've never installed a stereo before so I read up on solder vs crimps, wire size and interference and went to work. The instructions were so helpful and detailed that I almost couldn't make a mistake. The only thing that they didn't get quite right was the speaker connection plugs (which they threw in for free) but at that point, I had no problem tying them in using crimp connectors instead. So now, my stereo sounds SOOOOO good compared to what I had, suits the music I listen to and I was able to install everything with absolute ease (saving some money and learning a thing or two). The only things I had to buy were the wire connectors, heat shrink and a crimping tool.

It gets better. Two days ago, I got a handwritten postcard thanking me for my order! I LITERALLY came close to shedding a tear. Unbelievable service compared to the normal nickel and diming, hidden fees, high shipping costs, incomplete orders, etc. Oh yeah, did I mention shipping was free?

I didn't shop around much but I am CERTAIN, with all of the extras I got from Crutchfield, I got a deal.

If you can choose, use this company. They cater to the do it yourselfer and are incredible in their efficiency, helpfulness and thoroughness.

Old 05-03-2012, 01:06 PM

If you don't mind me asking what powered sub did you get and did it fit okay behind the seat?
Pics?
Old 05-07-2012, 05:52 AM

I got a Sound Ordinance 8" sub. Its a tight fit under the passenger seat so it kind of sits half under/half behind the seat. It was on sale for $160 and suits my needs just fine. Its quite small so don't expect BIG bass but its incredibly adjustable, compact, and for me, its perfect.

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X396
Boston Acoustics SE45
Sound Ordnance B-8PT

I don't have any pictures but if I take some, I'll post them up! I can't say enough good things about Crutchfield.

Last edited by SC2WD; 05-07-2012 at 05:55 AM.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:58 AM

I definitely recommend Crutchfield, I was out working on my car at about 10 P.M installing all the stuff I had bought from them and I gave them a call and they answered and helped me out! And it was 10 P.M PST!!! And I love the instructions that they send with it all.

Grinder, i bought the same sub as this guy ^^^ with the purpose of fitting it under my passenger seat however it did not fit in a 2nd gen 4runner. Like he said, it's sticking out about half way. He has a pickup so it doesn't matter but for a 4runner, make sure no one steps on it =)
Old 05-12-2012, 04:37 PM

Awesome I was going to buy a Rockford Fosgate pre loaded sub box and a separate amplifier. Now hearing that this sub is rather compact i will go with this one instead. I'm new to installing my own subwoofer and I am not one for bone shaking bass, at all. I want to round out my system with some lows as i just installed new dash speakers and a head unit. My only question is the remote turn on lead that is included with the Sound Ordnance B8-PT... what is this?
Old 05-12-2012, 05:34 PM

Crutchfield can not be beat.Best tech support, easy returns and all of the install parts are free.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:45 AM

The remote turn on lead is just a wire that connects to the automatic antennae out lead, on the wiring harness of your head unit. It just means that the amp will power on when you turn on the head unit just like the antennae would automatically raise. So you don't have to reach the amp with your hand to turn it on.