Offroad Tech Discussion pertaining to additions or questions which improve off-road ability, recovery and safety, such as suspension, body lifts, lockers etc
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got my new tires to go with my lift

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 11:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally got my new tires to go with my lift

Well it is done, the suspension that is. I have had the NE 4"/3.5" kit in for some time now. I did not do the alignment though as I still had the stock tires. Well they got bald pretty quick. In the end I went with Revo's in the 265/70/17 flavor. I drive on the street 99% of the time and did not want to hurt my gear ratio and there for my MPG too much. I love the way it looks and rides. This is how they should have come from the factory. Here are a few shots, the first has the stock tires. Also keep in mind I was moving these days so the back is full of cloths, shoes, plastic storage bins etc, with the seat folded down. I could barely see out the rear window. Empty is still slightly "stink bug". Thanks to the guys at NE for being so wonderful, they treated me wonderfully.

My one problem, the dam inflation system light is on. The guys at the shop claim they set al the tires at the same pressure and two of the rechecked it. I have not though. Any thoughts on what else it might be?

Regarding the tires I have to say they are impressive. I have had BFG AT’s before on my FJ 40 and loved them. Yesterday playing in a little mud (was raining for about three hours here in Nor Cal before I went out) they caked like and AT will but cleaned very easily. Mud is the death-null of an AT tire and these performed well. I can see why everyone raves about them so much.

Revo's baby.

Old 05-05-2005, 12:01 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol... last time I checked, there was only ONE "guy" at NE. he does have multiple personalities, so maybe that counts for something.

BTW- although the runner "looks" good, that lift you have is TOTAL JUNK and WILL EVENTUALLY FAIL - hopefully NOT while you and your family are doing 70+ down the interstate...

if you think i'm lying, just do a search for NE or Nitrous Enterprises and take a seat. you'll have a day's worth of reading in front of you - 99% bad news...
Old 05-05-2005, 12:51 PM
Contributing Member

I think he knows already - If I remember correctly he was supportive of NE in the previous threads.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:31 PM

I am judging them base only on how they treated me. I learned many years ago that things out here in the ether-net can get a little strange. NE was good to me, that is what matters to me.

I am not sure how these will fail relative to the other kits out there. The only way I can see them failing is if the spacer collapses, which does not seem likely given the material they are made out of. How have you see them fail?
Old 05-05-2005, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Duc Hunter
I am judging them base only on how they treated me. I learned many years ago that things out here in the ether-net can get a little strange. NE was good to me, that is what matters to me.

I am not sure how these will fail relative to the other kits out there. The only way I can see them failing is if the spacer collapses, which does not seem likely given the material they are made out of. How have you see them fail?
Considering all the information and facts posted, that is an incredibly ignorant statement. People can just do a search for all the facts.

If the only thing that matters is you, why are you posting into a forum?
Old 05-05-2005, 02:20 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Anthony... I can't believe that you actaully have the balls to come back here and pimp your crap. Go away already...
Old 05-05-2005, 03:24 PM

Anthony, uh no. Use your brain a little here folks. Try searching for posts by me and you will see I am not Anthony. Sad really, I cannot be happy about my truck and share without everyone here getting so upset. If NE is really that bad then the market will take care of them just fine. There is a great quote that applies here, I forget who said it. "Are we so vain that the opinions of those we do not care about really matter to us so much?" Had I not mentioned where the lift came from people would just be happy that I was happy to have my truck lifted and with new tires on it.

You guys did your "due diligence" and warned me about NE and I appreciate that. Now can't we just let it go? I notice no one answered my question about the tire pressure system, I guess we are all so anxious to jump all over people that we cannot be helpful. Please guys, let it go here.
Old 05-05-2005, 03:25 PM
Banned

actually ... he's not Anthony.

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/527230-post.html -- his previous post about his lift
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/show...0&postcount=16 -- a picture Lance took from Duc Hunter and posted.

Duc Hunter ... you really think the spacers are strong and great and won't fail? There are some pictures I'd like you to see. Let me try to find them. Also, did you happen to read what Michael discovered about the re-locs?

One thing I've learned is that it doesn't matter how "wonderfully" (as you say) someone treats you - it doesn't say ANYTHING about the quality, or lack thereof, of their products.

Last edited by r0cky; 05-05-2005 at 03:41 PM.
Old 05-05-2005, 03:31 PM
Banned

Anthony, uh no. Use your brain a little here folks. Try searching for posts by me and you will see I am not Anthony. Sad really, I cannot be happy about my truck and share without everyone here getting so upset. If NE is really that bad then the market will take care of them just fine. There is a great quote that applies here, I forget who said it. "Are we so vain that the opinions of those we do not care about really matter to us so much?" Had I not mentioned where the lift came from people would just be happy that I was happy to have my truck lifted and with new tires on it.

You guys did your "due diligence" and warned me about NE and I appreciate that. Now can't we just let it go? I notice no one answered my question about the tire pressure system, I guess we are all so anxious to jump all over people that we cannot be helpful. Please guys, let it go here.
The reason no one is "happy" for you is because the kit you are running is a danger not only to you and your family, but to EVERYONE on the road. If I had the Ebola virus, got some gift certificates, and came to talk about how excited I was to use them shopping in some huge, popular mall ... would you be happy, or would you be concerned that I might infect people? That is why people have a hard time being happy for you - because you seem honest and like a good guy, and yet you are running products that have caused suspensions to fail, and hadn't been tested before introducing them to the market. Yes, I think it's awesome that you got some neat new tires - but why would you put yourself and others in danger? Luckily, no one has been hurt yet, and all we can do is hope that no one will be hurt in the future -- it's just a scary chance to take, and I think that's why people are upset.
Old 05-05-2005, 03:38 PM
Banned

Here are some pictures I received awhile back. I can only hope they've changed materials or learned how to mix them so that they won't do this.

Old 05-05-2005, 03:40 PM

http://www.suspensionconnection.com/...n/KT09106.html

Here is another type of spacers. It says its for 2002 models.. anybody have any links to spacers for 4th gens?- sorry i dont have a 4runner. Just trying to give you options.
Old 05-05-2005, 03:51 PM

No one is upset, maybe annoyed at having to deal with this yet again. Maybe bamachem made an assumption because Anthony has pulled that stunt at least 3 times (proven by YT admins) so put the blame where it belongs.

What's sad is your tunnel vision. btw, it doesn't reflect on the consumer if they were duped by NE. That's all on Anthony Krueger. What is on YOU is your encouragement of this shine-ola which is maybe why people could care less about the psi sensors.
Old 05-05-2005, 04:57 PM
Contributing Member

Ok since nobody is addressing the tps I'll say my 2 cents. Remove the bulb in your dash or wherever it is and call it a day. If you don't want to do that, you probably forgot your spare or something. Not sure exactly but the tps has been well documented on t4r so jump over there and search away.

As for the spacers failing, that can be very subjective. The concern for everyone is not whether or not you're dumb as it is apparent that you are not, it's the fact that you would still be willing to use their product even after the tremendous amount of information that has been shown recently. You have made a decision to go ahead and purchase NE products and use them. More power to you. The concern is this: if, they fail (say the spacer crumbles or something when you're driving 65mph, your suspension will collapse and you'll prob end up rolling or something). Now what if you crash and either injure/kill yourself or better yet someone else? I gotta say vehicle manslaughter/attempted manslaughter is not something to take lightly. Easily put, you're better off just removing the 400 buck piece of crap and get some other stuff since to me it's not worth 400 buck for any concern that something might go wrong.

Yes Anthony might have been very supportive and helpful but you know what, that's business. You gotta suck up to the customer and be nice so they help promote the little guy out.

You are welcomed to use NE products but please stay off the roads if you do. Go drive where only you can hurt yourself and not anyone else on the road. Their products are scary stuff man, let the ego go and get some real stuff. What's 400 bucks anyway? You have a 30k truck... spend abit more on some quality stuff.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:03 PM

sounds like the tire dealer swapped out your toyota psi stems for plain-jane stems. the tire dealer probably didn't know that the stems activate the psi warning. When I got new tires, the dealer wanted to do the same w/mine but I was insistent on keeping the originals. They only had 8,000 miles and I'm kind of a fanatic about keeping as much Toyota on as I can, I didn't even know about the psi stems then.

P.S. I'll be selling my Daystar coilspacers soon, let me know if you are interested.

Last edited by DealMaker; 05-05-2005 at 07:49 PM.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by DealMaker
P.S. I'll be selling my Daystar coilspacers soon, let me know if you are interested.
oh man Pierre, we just put those on!

I bet the wife is loving us now!
Old 05-05-2005, 05:11 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by DealMaker
what the heck?!?! Ok this time, I'll come over just to watch
Old 05-05-2005, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by FirstToy
oh man Pierre, we just put those on!

I bet the wife is loving us now!
hehehe...don't worry, I haven't told her you're the one who rolled out first on the OME's...

Originally Posted by Good Times
what the heck?!?! Ok this time, I'll come over just to watch
Watch? We can't break any install records with you just sitting around and watching

Actually, I will probably end up waiting until you guys (FT and BD-Y) have a chance to do some wheeling with the new ARB front bumper and your OME setups for a month or so before I make the switchola. Now if we can just get ARB to get the product out.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:23 PM

Location: Las Vegas.. Soon to be heading for south america in the 4R
a lil off topic.. sorry..
but what is a good install price estimate for ome springs and shocks, and bj spacers?
Old 05-06-2005, 08:55 AM

DealMaker, thanks for the thought, they actually left all the stems in place. I specifically told them too because they were part of the inflation monitoring system. I did notice today that one tire is at 32 and the others are all at 35. 2psi difference............hmmm, just goes to show you tire guys cannot use a gauge. I will correct that and see how it goes.

Stupid Stealer told me the system may need to be reset, and that they charge for that. Sad, it resets itself when the tires come back into sync, doesn't it?
Old 05-06-2005, 09:03 AM
Contributing Member

Duc Hunter:
32 and 35 will make the tps to be triggered I believe. I think it only needs a 2 psi variance and it'll start giving you crap. I'd check up on that to make sure though. I think the TPS system in general is lame but that's just me.

DealMaker:
I wish I could go offroading now but that looks grim. Won't see any trail time until the end of the year hopefully. If not, it won't be until next spring.

Quick Reply: Finally got my new tires to go with my lift