Offroad Tech Discussion pertaining to additions or questions which improve off-road ability, recovery and safety, such as suspension, body lifts, lockers etc
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

daystar vs other front spacer lifts

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 01:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
daystar vs other front spacer lifts

do any of you guys have an experience with the daystar lifts? is there set-up any different than cornfed, revtek,...? i the main reason i'm asking is for ride quality. i would like the lift to fit 285's with as close to stock ride as possible. off-road time is very limited so it would primarily be for on-road use.
oh yeah, i', thinking ome 890/n86c for the rear? what do you guys think?
thanks
Old 11-09-2005, 02:01 PM
Contributing Member

You should check out the thread I just started about a week ago 'Cornfed Lift' if you search it'll come up.

I'm going with 3" cornfed spacers w/diff drop in front and OME891 and N86/N86C (not sure which yet) in the rear.

I've currently got Bils in the front so the ride comfort in the front will be questionable until I get it all put on.

Now I'm just throwing around idea for rubber.

Fink
Old 11-09-2005, 02:13 PM

yeah, i've been reading your thread. i plan on staying with the stock shocks in the front but for some reason i think that daystar does something a little different with their front spacers to give it a better ride. i had a 2.5 on my old tacoma with some cheapo rancho's and the ride was bad.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:55 PM
Banned

if you're trying to decide between cornfed, revtek, and daystar, i'd say go with cornfed. do a search for "cornfed" here on the forums because i bet there is a lot of info here about that lift.

good luck!
Old 11-09-2005, 02:56 PM

I second the cornfed.. it's actually a nice ride. I used them.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:31 PM

i know cornfed spacers are great. i just wasn't to happy with the ride quality but that probably came from the cheapo ranchos. does anyone know if daystar uses a different setup than just the space on top of the coil pack?
Old 11-09-2005, 03:34 PM
Banned

i don't know what the daystar kit has for the 99 4runner. for the 4th gen. it is a top out spacer and a preload spacer.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:51 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by r0cky
i don't know what the daystar kit has for the 99 4runner. for the 4th gen. it is a top out spacer and a preload spacer.
Revtek is the same way for 3rd gen up front. In the rear, it's just a preload spacer. I have the Revtek kit on my 3rd gen w/ Bilsteins and it rides fine. I don't understand what "stiff" means when people talk about Bilsteins. They rebound fast so you don't have so much "float." I like the setup but if I did it again, I would go with bamachem's setup.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:59 PM

i think the 3rd gen daystar front kit has the top out spacer and preload spacer. i wonder how it compares (ride) to the cornfed spacers?
Old 11-09-2005, 04:22 PM
Contributing Member

Honestly dude, from the research I've done (which is a LOT), its not the spacer that makes the ride. I would definitly put money on the fact that it was the cheap Rancho's you had on there.

I'm not really sure how the spacers could really be all that different, they all do essentially the same thing IMO.

Not saying you're wrong just letting you in on what I've found out.

Cornfed is the best way to go, contact Jason B. at www.burtmanindustries.com, he's got a KILLER deal going!

Fink
Old 11-09-2005, 09:27 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by trainerdude
i think the 3rd gen daystar front kit has the top out spacer and preload spacer. i wonder how it compares (ride) to the cornfed spacers?
You're correct. I have the Daystar kit on my '98 and it does have preload and top spacers. The rear is top spacer only.

I'm still running stock shocks front and back. The ride quality changed very little as a result of the lift. I don't have any experience with Cornfed spacers so I can't really give an informed opinion there.

I do, however, agree that the shocks have a much greater effect on ride quality than the spacers do. I had Ranchos on a '91 4Runner a few years ago. I replaced them with Edelbrock Performers -- that was a big difference. The Ranchos were really stiff.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by 4x4Fink
Honestly dude, from the research I've done (which is a LOT), its not the spacer that makes the ride. I would definitly put money on the fact that it was the cheap Rancho's you had on there.

I'm not really sure how the spacers could really be all that different, they all do essentially the same thing IMO.

Not saying you're wrong just letting you in on what I've found out.

Cornfed is the best way to go, contact Jason B. at www.burtmanindustries.com, he's got a KILLER deal going!

Fink
You're sounding more and more like a true YT'er! Good posting.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:50 AM
Contributing Member

LoL, you would think after bein on here as long as I have I would have SOME viable input.

I'm still learning about the 3rd gens...I've got the 2nd gen realm covered though

Fink
Old 11-10-2005, 12:44 PM
Contributing Member

Cornfeds are cool... They won't sag.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:18 PM

thanks for your help guys. i'll let you know what i end up getting and get some pics on here.
seth
Old 11-10-2005, 04:19 PM
Contributing Member

Sounds good man, if you want, you can wait until I get my lift put on, a few weeks and I can tell you how the ride is and take pics and stuff...just a thought.

Fink
Old 11-10-2005, 04:41 PM

definitly do that. it will probably be a month or so before i get this going with mine. thanks
Old 11-10-2005, 08:16 PM
Contributing Member

thanks for your help guys. i'll let you know what i end up getting and get some pics on here.
seth
Sounds great, post some pics when you have the cornfeds on...
Old 11-12-2005, 08:24 PM
Contributing Member

i know cornfed spacers are great. i just wasn't to happy with the ride quality but that probably came from the cheapo ranchos. does anyone know if daystar uses a different setup than just the space on top of the coil pack?
I had the Daystar 2.5" kit on my Runner with 100,000 mile stock shocks. The ride firmed up immediately as did dive under hard braking. The front uses a 2 piece spacer...one goes against the spring and top-out plate and the other between the top out plate and the upper mount. I've since cut my front Daystars to 3/8" and gone to Tundra coils. The Rear has Daystars cut down to 1" sitting on top of OME 891's. The N86's are great but you may prefer the cushier N86c for on road. I got the Daystars for 250.00 on e-bay. Good Luck.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:26 PM
Contributing Member

Yeah, the shocks play a HUGE role in the quality of the ride.

I hope the Bils up front aren't gonna make the ride too harsh...if so, I'll have to order the OME shocks.

Fink

Quick Reply: daystar vs other front spacer lifts