Jason's 07 FJC - Page 2 - YotaTech Forums

FJ Cruiser (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

Jason's 07 FJC

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-03-2017, 12:26 PM   #21

Well after driving through hours of pouring rain, the leaks seem to be fixed so that's a win.
The fuel mileage situation actually got worse on the way home 😣, I'm going to be digging into that, it's a little perplexing because the truck seems to run great, plenty of power, no misses or hesitation, if it was running rough it might give me a direction to look. There is a reason and I will find it.

On a brighter note, the factory stereo head unit had been replaced by the PO, in sure the unit they installed was a great unit in its day, double din, touch screen, GPS etc etc, but no Bluetooth, aux input, or USB port which are all features I've come to rely on.
So this happened
Jason's 07 FJC-photo133.jpg
Just an inexpensive single din, but with the features I wanted, it also opened up a spot for a CB radio because every good 4x4 has one right.
jason in tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 01:45 PM   #22
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason in tn View Post
There is a reason and I will find it.
I hear you there.

Glad to hear you've got the leak fixed, should be getting enough rain in your neighborhood to know for sure.
Been real happy with the Cobra 18 wxst 'cept I went for a different mic. You're likely WAY more knowledgeable on that stuff though.
habanero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 11:43 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by habanero
I hear you there.

Glad to hear you've got the leak fixed, should be getting enough rain in your neighborhood to know for sure.
Been real happy with the Cobra 18 wxst 'cept I went for a different mic. You're likely WAY more knowledgeable on that stuff though.
We are getting plenty of it, seems to be following me where ever I go lol.
I think the little Cobra will do fine for what I need, I have a couple Road King RK56 mics laying around I may toss one on there just because. I'm not sure if this truck will end up with a Ham radio or not, but more than likely at some point it will.
Old 04-17-2017, 09:18 AM   #24

Well with a couple days at home and nice spring weather I had plenty of time to get out and do some yard work, BUT WHO DOES YARD WORK WHEN THEY HAVE EVENTS TO GET READY FOR.
With the 4runner getting some much needed love from a buddy of mine I took the opportunity to work on the non project FJ.
In an effort to get the fuel mileage to a respectable number, I went ahead and replaced the spark plugs, like I said before, they didn't look terrible but it couldn't hurt right. I also clean the MAF sensor, it was visually dirty so that I'm sure was some of the issue. It was also do an oil change so I got that knocked out as well. Wasn't able too drive it much afterwards but what little I did it seemed to pull slightly better at speed so maybe I'm moving in the right direction.
I also finished up the stereo and cb install. Ran new coax for the cb antenna, mounted the mic for the Bluetooth etc. also do to Toyotas inability to install a 12 volt accessory plug that stays hot with the key off I added one with a plug and 2 USB ports.
Jason's 07 FJC-photo749.jpgJason's 07 FJC-photo334.jpg
Wiring up this new stuff was super easy because of the auxiliary fuse block under the hood, this is something I have wanted to do for awhile on the 4runner and it's definitely moved up the list.
I also spent a few minutes making sure the second battery was wired and charging properly.
Old 04-17-2017, 09:26 AM   #25

I also decided to dig into the winch, I have not been able too get it to work and getting to it meant removing the bumper, I was pleasantly surprised how easy that was.
I got the winch working but in the process I broke a stud on one of the solenoids and had to order parts, I decided to swap over to the new style relays and move them from behind the bumper to under the hood, hopefully the parts to do so will be there when I get back home.
Jason's 07 FJC-photo865.jpg
Hope everyone had a great Easter weekend, thanks for checking in.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:29 AM   #26
Super Moderator
Staff

Yard work or Truck??? I dont blame you on that choice. I dont like doing yard work either.
Terrys87 is offline   Reply With Quote