Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Whose running 2 SS TopOut Spacers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 06:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wasn't even going to entertain the thought.

Aaron
Old 11-08-2007, 06:59 AM

How about two, 2.5" daystar spacers with a topout spacer? would that accelerate the life of my cv's? IMO, that would give my 4Runner the ultimate capability to crawl rocks, cross rivers, and blast through the sand (baja style).

Last edited by jfreisner; 11-08-2007 at 07:03 AM.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:14 AM
Contributing Member

a daystar spacer + topout = better cv angles and ultimate rock crawling ability?

i don't know what else to say to you except read the last 20 pages of this board, front to back. there are so many things wrong with what you just said
Old 11-08-2007, 07:28 AM

Not just one daystar spacer, but TWO daystar spacers PLUS a topout spacer. It's like a bracket lift without the brackets, right? Correct me if I'm wrong, but could I run some sweet 35" Thornbirds with that set-up? I would totally be the second biggest man on campus...behind Darren McFadden, that is. woo pig sooie!
Old 11-08-2007, 07:33 AM
Contributing Member

oh, you're joking

...right?
Old 11-08-2007, 07:45 AM

I'm thinking about running tundra coils in back with limiting straps to reduce axle wrap. Should I upgrade my bumpstops and shocks too? I'm thinking about some rubicon express shocks my buddy is taking off his jeep wrangler. Anyone have pics of this setup?
Old 11-08-2007, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by xcmountain80
It will work this past weekend proves it yet again.

Aaron
This is close to the terrain I'll be tackling.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:39 AM

I'm not doing any wheel stands or anything not what I built the truck for. She does very well in the light to moderate offroad trails.

Aaron
Old 11-08-2007, 08:43 AM

I'm not doing any wheel stands or anything not what I built the truck for. She does very well in the light to moderate offroad trails.

Aaron
Yea. I mean, this is my daily driver. It will be on road alot more than off road. Do you have a picture of your CV's?

Nate
Old 11-08-2007, 08:55 AM

Aaron
You obviously aren't a real man if you don't wheel AZ rocks.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:40 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jfreisner
Not just one daystar spacer, but TWO daystar spacers PLUS a topout spacer. It's like a bracket lift without the brackets, right? Correct me if I'm wrong, but could I run some sweet 35" Thornbirds with that set-up? I would totally be the second biggest man on campus...behind Darren McFadden, that is. woo pig sooie!
Why stop at 2, why not go ahead and do 3 per side while you're at it . If you actually think 2 will work, I definitely want to see you do it.

If you are serious about running 2 per side though, DO NOT. Anyone on this board will say the same. Otherwise, toss logic out the window, and by all means, try 2 per side and watch what will happen.

Otherwise, if you are joking (which I hope you are), then stop while you are ahead. You're going to make people think you are serious.

Ha! Aaron be easy on him...
Old 11-08-2007, 09:49 AM

I'm thinking about running tundra coils in back with limiting straps to reduce axle wrap. Should I upgrade my bumpstops and shocks too? I'm thinking about some rubicon express shocks my buddy is taking off his jeep wrangler. Anyone have pics of this setup?
I tried the Tundra's in the rear, but they didn't give me enough lift. So, I took 2 LC coils and welded them together end to end for ~10" of lift for the rear. Up front, I'm running Kenworth semi springs with 2.5" Daystar spacers, 3" Revtek spacers and 4 SS topouts per side. Right now, my CV's are almost vertical, so I'm working on a homemade 6" diff drop built out of wood and cardboard and will have it put it this weekend. This setup makes my rig ride like a Cadillac and I have ~3' of articulation in the rear and at least 2' in the front.

For tires, I'm running 225/30 R24 BFG's, but will be switching to Ground Hawg 44's in the coming days. I hope there's not too much trimming to do, but am having a buddy come over just in case. I'll post up pics Monday to show you how it looks! Does anyone know if there's a company out there that makes a jack for my rig...or a ladder? If so, pm me. Thanks!

Last edited by emptypockets; 11-08-2007 at 09:54 AM.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by emptypockets
I tried the Tundra's in the rear, but they didn't give me enough lift. So, I took 2 LC coils and welded them together end to end for ~10 of lift for the rear. Up front, I'm running Isuzu Trooper springs with 2.5" Daystar spacers, 3" Revtek spacers and 4 SS topouts per side. Right now, my CV's are almost vertical, so I'm working on a homemade 6" diff drop and will have it put it this weekend.

For tires, I'm running 225/30 R24's, but will be switching to Ground Hawg 44's in the coming days. I hope there's not too much trimming to do, but am having a buddy come over just in case. I'll post up pics Monday to show you how it looks!

That's A TON of lift! I'm eager to see pics of the final product.

But, seriously, I'm jk. I thought I would post some nonsense in the morning to entertain everyone throughout the day.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Rock Slide
Why stop at 2, why not go ahead and do 3 per side while you're at it . If you actually think 2 will work, I definitely want to see you do it.

If you are serious about running 2 per side though, DO NOT. Anyone on this board will say the same. Otherwise, toss logic out the window, and by all means, try 2 per side and watch what will happen.

Otherwise, if you are joking (which I hope you are), then stop while you are ahead. You're going to make people think you are serious.

Ha! Aaron be easy on him...
Well, according to wikipedia.com, only REAL men wheel on rocks.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:23 PM

Well, according to wikipedia.com, only REAL men wheel on rocks.
then i guess you arent a man if you dont have any pictures to prove that you have done AZrocks, the hammers, Carnage BV or the like in this area.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:58 PM

I'm over it!

Aaron
Old 11-08-2007, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by sportlocked
then i guess you arent a man if you dont have any pictures to prove that you have done AZrocks, the hammers, Carnage BV or the like in this area.
Do you?
Old 11-08-2007, 09:00 PM

search billings canyon, carnage boulder, rubicon, prichett canyon.

gnarly stuff out west.

Last edited by TRDrunner; 11-08-2007 at 09:02 PM.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:12 AM
Contributing Member

This is getting stupid. Just don' run two spacers. If you do, then you will loose the 1 year warranty on the stock parts and the lifetime warranty on the TrekMaster shocks.

Tellico has good stuff, lower 2 is the same as we run out here. Also pictures never show you anything.

Let's just let this go, it is getting silly.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by sschaefer3

it is getting silly.
Which is why it seems to keep going...

Quick Reply: Whose running 2 SS TopOut Spacers?