Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Well I got another deer last night at 50mph.

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 05:49 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by lee
wait, he intentionally hit the dog, then stopped to see if it was alive?

or did he accidentally hit it, and you just have a severe anger problem?

either way, odd story
YES, he swerved off the road and ran over some ones dog WHILE LAUGHING, I’m a dog person and my lab is family! That is just wrong, that’s like driving along and OH look a play ground full of 2nd graders, you yank your 4runner into 4H jump over the embankment and take out a hand full of children that were waiting to go down the slide next, its just wrong!
Old 11-23-2004, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by Ilovemountains
.....I dont like deer hunters, they always frown on my mountain bike habbit and really dont like to hear the truck or dual sport plunking throught the fire trails! Ive actually been yelled at by some hunters before, jackasses they dont own the woods but if they are taking out the deer I should let them work!
We're not all bad....Unfortunately, like everything else, there are bad apples in every group. Though I always hunt private land, I can see where the two might clash. In some ways you are helping the deer hunters more than they want to realize. For one, by mountain bikers being in the area year around, it keeps the deer used to human scent. The deer won't be so spooked when deer season comes around. Secondly, when you drive through, you might just push a deer right to a hunter. Seen this happen several times!
Probably best for each to respect the others sport and step around and not on them.
Old 11-23-2004, 12:24 PM

Location: 100 miles offshore as much as possible, & Springfield Oregon USA
Not deer, but last night on my drive home (long curvy mountain road) on a little straight stretch there were 2 COWS standing in the road. I barely missed them, ABS chattering away I slid right past them, barely squeezing between them and the guard rail. There was an oncoming truck right then, I flicked my brights but too little too late (basically a blind curve anyway.) Not 2 car lengths behind me, he hit both of them. Hard. One flew off through the ditch and into a fence. The other, he ran over. I could hear the impact over my stereo! I thought it was gonna flip his truck, in my side mirror I saw the truck pitch up in the air, then sparks flew out from under it, then a spray of steam out the front. I stopped and ran back, he was okay, completely unhurt. The farthest thing forward on his truck was the front of the engine block - the radiator was completely wrapped around it like tin foil on leftovers, the hood folded like an accordion and popped up over the windshiedl, one headlight still worked - it was pointing straight up.. The cab crumpled so the doors were now 2" too large to fit the openings. Full size Dodge diesel. Imagine that in a Yota!! Astounding damage, parts of the truck scattered for 50 feet. (Parts of cow too...)
Old 11-23-2004, 01:24 PM

lol that Durango has no bumber damage, the deer must have leaped onto the top of it then fell in the window. haha and still not sure how it could bend the top of it that bad. and wear all the looks like dirt on top of it come from.
Old 11-23-2004, 02:04 PM
Contributing Member

I agree with that...

Originally Posted by HuntRunner
We're not all bad....Unfortunately, like everything else, there are bad apples in every group. Though I always hunt private land, I can see where the two might clash. In some ways you are helping the deer hunters more than they want to realize. For one, by mountain bikers being in the area year around, it keeps the deer used to human scent. The deer won't be so spooked when deer season comes around. Secondly, when you drive through, you might just push a deer right to a hunter. Seen this happen several times!
Probably best for each to respect the others sport and step around and not on them.
That is very true... The guys that give us crap are the ones that think hunting is setting up your stand 15 feet from the trail not real hunters that hike up into the woods and actually hunt. Another way mountain biking helps out, we have kept so many old fire roads open, I would not want to take my truck on some of them for the sake of beating the fenders to death but in the event of a fire they could get a rig up in there if they need to with out cutting a million trees out of the roads. Turkey hunters don’t like to see any one though, those guys that that rather seriously, we got SCREAMED at by a guy that was tracking a bird for a few hours or something and then we scared it away! I don’t think it would be that hard to find it again had he let us pass and kept going, but nooooo he had to threaten us, scream and cuss like a jackass! We were not on private property either, its a national wildlife management area! Anyway, people that hit dogs need hit and the less deer the better we are, kill them all