Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Warning about Maxx Autoworks

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2002, 11:15 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You know what I was just thinkin...
Call this place, make a huge order, then say do you all take creditcards, at that time say something around the lines... oh yeah you guys are the ones that are double charging everyone and not giving people refunds... sounds a lil childish but hey I'm only 19.
Old 08-02-2002, 11:34 AM

Originally posted by Krash
You know what I was just thinkin...
Call this place, make a huge order, then say do you all take creditcards, at that time say something around the lines... oh yeah you guys are the ones that are double charging everyone and not giving people refunds... sounds a lil childish but hey I'm only 19.
Please don't do that.

Gadget

www.GadgetOnline.com
Old 08-02-2002, 11:55 AM
Contributing Member

By all means I didn't plan on doin it I just thought it would be funny.
Old 08-02-2002, 12:04 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Everytime I have called I have gotten through to him on the phone.
I just called one minute ago and the phone answered on the 2nd ring.
Not a machine, but a "live" person.
Old 08-02-2002, 01:16 PM
Contributing Member

Now if each of us spends a few cents to place a call to Maxx and tell them based on all of the information I've read on the NET about the bad business practices they are utilizing I've decided to not engage them in any 4Runner upgrades or work I was intending on doing on my rig it may catch their attention. If they get enough calls I'm sure we could get them to squirm.

Naw, maybe that would be to cruel, but then again.....

Just a thought.
Old 08-02-2002, 07:34 PM

Originally posted by Corey
Everytime I have called I have gotten through to him on the phone.
I just called one minute ago and the phone answered on the 2nd ring.
Not a machine, but a "live" person.
You are not me. They already have my money, but they still want yours.

They still have not returned my calls even after all this attension.

Gadget
Old 08-02-2002, 07:55 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

That is what I meant. They are screening your calls with caller ID.
I'm sure if I let my name & number go through (I'm listed as private name, private caller) they might not answer.

I am just glad we got wind of this Gadget, as like I said earlier, I was almost going to get some work done on my oldest son's Integra.
If I had been ripped off, well, I can't type it here, I'd end up in jail.
Old 08-12-2002, 04:51 PM

Here is an update. Today I got a check from Maxx Autoworks for the remainder of my store credit. I posted on another forum that if Maxx settled with me I would post it. I thought it was the right thing to do.

I still have not had any of my phone calls returned...

Now, if we can get them to settle with Brian Trager and get them to stop trying to make him look like the villian instead of the victim. Wish him luck.

Many thanks for all of your support and phone calls to Maxx. I doubt he would have done the right thing without all of your support. THANK ALL OF YOU!

Gadget

www.GadgetOnline.com
Old 08-12-2002, 10:16 PM

Glad to hear you got your money back. I hope Brian gets squared away too. This jerk should not be in business.
butnut
Old 02-03-2003, 11:30 PM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts
I know this post is old, but im new. My business and many of its members have been dealing with Maxx for a while now. I can't say anything bad about them. They helped build my bosses 86 Supra Turbo, with no complaints. They have always seemed to run a professional shop, as long as I have dealt with them. I will say that they were dealing with changing guys, and the guy who quit, never did a great job. They've always been good to me, but it seems to me they made poor choices in your case gadjet. Hope it all works out in the very end man.
Old 02-04-2003, 11:14 AM

Thank you for bringing this issue back to the top of the forum.

I am very glad to hear that you did not get done dirty like several of us did. It was not just me that was done wrong, it was many people. It seems that there was a clear pattern developing of double charges on credit cards. If it was just once or twice then we could put it in the oops catagory, but when it happens to many people over a course of time, that is a clear pattern of dishonesty in my opinion.

Once this issue hit, there have been some people contact me about the shotty engine work that was done by Maxx Autoworks. I spoke to a Supra guy that told me that Maxx pulled his engine out and redid it four times and it still would not run right and smoked like crazy.

I have had long conversations with the guy that took Brian Trager's engine apart that Maxx Autoworks rebuilt for him. The horror stories that he told me about the shoddy engine work clearly makes me think that Maxx has no business taking engines apart. It appears that either Maxx intentially did shoddy work or has no ability to understand or recognize when things are terribly wrong. I mean shouldn't he be able to recognize that the pistons do not fit?? Shouldn't he recognize that the surfaces on the crank shaft that the main seals seal against should not have big holes drilled into them to ballance the crank shaft? The list goes on and on. I am not even going to rehash everything that was wrong with my cylinder heads...

If you want to keep doing business with Maxx I would suggest that you don't give up your credit card number OR let them take your engine apart.

Gadget

www.GadgetOnline.com
Old 02-04-2003, 10:42 PM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts
Well, ill tell ya they are even 95 dollars and many months late on their bill to us. I was considering going to them for my 4.3l vortec swap, but i think im check around first. Thanks guys.
Old 07-08-2004, 02:33 PM

I strongly agree with you. maxx autoworks are the most dishonest people around, don't know how they're still in business. They do not know what they are doing. I brought my car to them several years ago. They said labor wouldn't be that much just bolt on parts, get the bill and it 5g's and some change. Also told me it would take about two weeks, two weeks later they had not even started on it. It took them four months to finish. Then give it back to me with a blown head gasket. My 720cc injectors, actually just another set of stock 450cc. The 450cc eventaully caused my engine to detonate and ruin the engine.

Last edited by 4g63; 07-08-2004 at 02:47 PM.
Old 07-08-2004, 07:37 PM

Looks like it will never end with this guy. It is a shame really.

Have you seen this site? http://www.thedirtside.com/. Check out who owns the URL...

Gadget
Old 07-08-2004, 07:44 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

And here I was going to let them bore my TB a few years back since I don't live to far from their shop.

I am glad I did not have any work done.
I met the guy at the welding shop where I had my Power Tank roll bar made up, and he was very enthusiastic about Toyotas.
He was like a walking talking encyclopedia.

To bad he was not honest with his customers.
Old 07-09-2004, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by 4g63
I strongly agree with you. maxx autoworks are the most dishonest people around, don't know how they're still in business. They do not know what they are doing. I brought my car to them several years ago. They said labor wouldn't be that much just bolt on parts, get the bill and it 5g's and some change. Also told me it would take about two weeks, two weeks later they had not even started on it. It took them four months to finish. Then give it back to me with a blown head gasket. My 720cc injectors, actually just another set of stock 450cc. The 450cc eventaully caused my engine to detonate and ruin the engine.
You should email me directly. I would love to discuss your problems with your further.

Gadget@GadgetOnline.com

Gadget