Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

To those of you with NE spacers and a rear squeek

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 04:48 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To those of you with NE spacers and have a rear squeek

Just a word of warning/advice to those of you with NE spacers.

I was having a squeek in my rear, and originally I thought maybe some sand or dirt got into my rear suspensions somewhere. I previously cleaned my chassis which seemed to solve the problem, but this time the squeek stayed.

SO this afternoon I decided it is time to drop the rear and clean it out. Well 5 min later I found the problem. POORLY MADE REAR SPACERS BY NE!!!

The spacers is made of pretty hard material, but it is not properly engineered and manufactured, which means it is out of round. ANd guess what, as the coil compresses it rubs against th spacer squeek squeek. I only have 2" spacers in the back (all I got from them, luckily). And for good measure there is no fluid of any kind on my XREAS shocks they are just dirty.

So enough blah blah here ar ethe pics. I put my Daystar spacers back and noise is gone. Just for giggles some Daystar pics next to NE POS spacers, so people can see how a spacer is made.

Nice out of round spacers, se how they differ from each other NNIIICCCEEE!!

Left spacer rubbing marks GREAT!!!

Right side, YIPPEEEE!!

And this is how well they fit on the coil spring isolator, WWOOOHHOOOO!!

And just for giggles here is what proper spacers look like. And dont let NE tell you to hammer anything in (what they tried to tell me when I told them the isolator doesn't fit (so I just left it out).
I have only had them on since Christmas last year, thank goodness. These things will not last if you use them. But then again most of us know it.

SO if you have these plan on replacement soon and try to get a refund, I'm going to and that will be fun Go with a reputable comapny. I think so far Daystar and Revtek have worked well, adn other are coming into the game (only if you dont have XREAS).

Last edited by bulldog-yota; 03-04-2005 at 04:51 PM.
Old 03-04-2005, 05:45 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
hey bro, this is Anthony!

we've been thundering along with our hair on fire because NE is off da hook! nevermind these pictures, they aren't even ours! these pictures are too crystal clear to be ours---we photoshop everything so this couldnt be ours! but if they were our spacers, they were made by our previous employee who we're in the midst of filing a multi-million dollar lawsuit! and then things will really be cookin'!

and speaking of cooking, we've moved our production facility from our bathroom to our kitchen! hows that for a great finger lickin' good management decision! we can't wait to fill your orders as we fill your keister with ours when you receive YOUR product!

and speaking of orders, we've filled our 1 millionth order! we're in the process of acquiring revtek! how's that for rags to riches! soon, instead of just buying their design and copying it, we can force them to be slaves!

See ya and don't forget to jump on the NE train!!!

Billy
Old 03-04-2005, 05:52 PM
Contributing Member

Bob I nearly pissed myself!!!!
:
Old 03-04-2005, 05:55 PM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
I think Bob has been....

that is too funny!

Old 03-04-2005, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Bob_98SR5
hey bro, this is Anthony!

we've been thundering along with our hair on fire because NE is off da hook! nevermind these pictures, they aren't even ours! these pictures are too crystal clear to be ours---we photoshop everything so this couldnt be ours! but if they were our spacers, they were made by our previous employee who we're in the midst of filing a multi-million dollar lawsuit! and then things will really be cookin'!

and speaking of cooking, we've moved our production facility from our bathroom to our kitchen! hows that for a great finger lickin' good management decision! we can't wait to fill your orders as we fill your keister with ours when you receive YOUR product!

and speaking of orders, we've filled our 1 millionth order! we're in the process of acquiring revtek! how's that for rags to riches! soon, instead of just buying their design and copying it, we can force them to be slaves!

See ya and don't forget to jump on the NE train!!!

Billy
Best. Post. Ever.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:37 PM
Banned

hahha.

when I first put my rear spacers in, and put the car back on the tires/wheels, I heard a horrible cracking sound. the lips cracked off of mine as well, Andries. haven't looked at them lately, but I will, and will put some pics up here as well.

maybe with some pics of the used Revtek spacer he sent as well which was supposed to be new.

but Andries, I have to say ... your rear NE spacers look about 200% better than the ones I received. mine were made with tupperware.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:40 PM
Contributing Member

SOmebody should start a thread post your NE pics. 4run4fun can post his shock pics, I'll post spacer pics, rocky you will have lots to post , and everybody else can chip in.
Old 03-04-2005, 07:13 PM
Contributing Member

subscribed... just cuz anthony's post was golden
Old 03-04-2005, 08:11 PM
Contributing Member

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
Those POS spacers look like wax rings for a ˟˟˟˟ter. Pretty sloppy I'd say!

Andreas
Old 03-04-2005, 08:22 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by aowRS
Those POS spacers look like wax rings for a ˟˟˟˟ter. Pretty sloppy I'd say!

Andreas
But those wax rings are perfectly round.
Old 03-04-2005, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by bulldog-yota
SOmebody should start a thread post your NE pics. 4run4fun can post his shock pics, I'll post spacer pics, rocky you will have lots to post , and everybody else can chip in.
shoot, i say we pitch in and create a "NEsucks.com" website to chronicle off of this nonsense!

bob
Old 03-04-2005, 08:32 PM
Contributing Member

shoot, i say we pitch in and create a "NEsucks.com" website to chronicle off of this nonsense!

bob
Only if Anthony oops sorry Billy oops sorry Ryan makes regular posts to it.
Old 03-04-2005, 08:35 PM

ill volunteer to talk to myself. would that be close enough?

bob
Old 03-04-2005, 08:38 PM
Banned

110%, Bob. 'Nuff Said.
Old 03-04-2005, 08:44 PM
Contributing Member

ill volunteer to talk to myself. would that be close enough?

bob
You are proving to be just as entertaining as NE. We should allow NE back on YT for entertainment value. AT least they are playing their normal games at TTORA now
Old 03-04-2005, 11:07 PM
lee
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by r0cky
110%, Bob. 'Nuff Said.

well put!!
Old 03-05-2005, 05:22 AM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Let me get this straight...and I will apologize if I am wrong...so don't get all huffy...

Please tell me that no one still has anything on their rig that was whipped up in the sink from NE? If you do, you are a mentally challenged considering all that has come to light. Get that crap off your rig!

How much is an exorcism? I think Bob has channeled Billy, or is it Anthony, or is it Ryan...heck, he's got a whole barrel of bafoons in there...

Old 03-05-2005, 07:15 AM
Banned

The reason I haven't gotten it off my rig is because I now have 35" tires and have to keep running the NE lift until I get a new rear lift in of the same height (3.5") because otherwise, the tires would literally turn through the fenders and tear them off. I have the new front lift in, but can't install it until I have something for the rear.
Old 03-05-2005, 07:16 AM
Banned

and yes, as established long ago, I am mentally challenged.
Old 03-05-2005, 07:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by r0cky
and yes, as established long ago, I am mentally challenged.
We appreciate your honesty.

Quick Reply: To those of you with NE spacers and a rear squeek