Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Some people, thye just gotta be better

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 09:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Some people, they just gotta be better (very long)

ok, im 17 years old and am a senior. I am in a 2 period auto class which is nice since i have 2 hours to work on my truck and its at the end of school so i can stay after its great except for a few people in it who think thier cars and trucks are better, i keep in mind i bought my truck therefore i dont care what anyone says, since i know that getting a lifted o4 chevy or ford isnt the easiest thing (nor would i want one since we all know toyota is much better ). anyways there were telling me how ˟˟˟˟ty my truck sounds because my thro out bearing is about to explode lol, but im waiting till christmas break to replace it i have the part too. They go about how my truck is a 4 banger and cant be worthy off road, my toyota has hanneman fiber glass fenders, bilstien 5150 all around, custom made 4130 upper a arms, sway away torsion bars and know its desert worthy, it takes a hard beating almost everyday, i live in the desert of mojave, i cant go a day without whomping around somewhere . Anyways all this didnt bother me much but i thought wouldnt it be great to have a show down kinda thingy after school on a trail, a full size lifted ford f150 V-8 i think a 93-98 not sure tho agianst a 4 banger toyota. so i know alot of places and suggest one outside of town, lancaster where its a maintnence road for power lines, its about 25 miles long but we only went about 5. So almost everyone in my auto class came and other people and some of my freinds. I cant say when we started that V-8 took off alot faster, but they knew nothing and peeled out so much that in 2nd i pulled away, these trails have plenty or room so passing was no problem, the whole time i was infront and by the finish i was about 15 truck lengths ahead, i was watching in my rear mirror how over every bump he took as fast as he could his truck just didnt handle like a toyota. I had a huge grin on my face the whole time. At the end you know this spoiled a$$ kid had to have an excuse, and what was it? He didnt want to get his truck too dirty by going to fast, when before we started said he'll never loose agianst a import. He told me a few days ago his fords lug nuts need more torque on the lugnuts than my truck makes, which isnt true anyways but i get the point, but he'll never get 226,000 miles on his truck like i do and still be able to whomp the trails.This is a classic example why i bought toyota, and why my mom and dad have nothing but them, except my dads commuter car is a subaru but hey those are tought too but thats a diffrent story about when i took that to some trails. Just thought some of you would like to hear agian that toyota is wonderful and should always keep up the good work
Old 11-29-2004, 09:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sweet! Personally I still prefer a fist fight at the bike racks after school. Call me old fashioned.
Old 11-29-2004, 09:47 PM
Banned

well if other peopel were there, better hope they are your friends... whats going to happen is they will say you cheated or his truck is better nad he didnt want to get it dirty or make excuses... all you can say and hopefully beleive yourself is say whatever to them..... look at my signature, i raced my boss today, i lost too, but you know what, not trying to make excuses, i got beat by a firebird.... you just have to be the bigger man, regardless of a bigger truck..
Old 11-29-2004, 09:54 PM
Contributing Member

Domestics are like assholes... everyone has one and they are all ugly...

half kidding, their desiels are good, but now even vw is whooping their ass in that department....
Old 11-29-2004, 10:04 PM
Contributing Member

Nice nice... Yeah it did always bug me when all the richy rich kids threw their nice a$$ cars in your face... Oh well... I bought my Toyota and my sportbike myself... and am only 19... so... just gotta work hard and just trust your YOTA! Yeah screw all this 2mpg domestics!! ahahah! Especially that ogre H2... and what the hell is up with the H2 SUT?? Ugly.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:15 PM

haha ya, fist fight at the bike rakes is definintly old school but 1, yes 1 fight and i dont get to walk on the ceremony when i graduate. i dont care if he says i cheated, i got to drive out in the desert lol. I'll get some pics of my truck and where i went off roading, i haven tposted any pics of my truck so ill try and do that tomarrow.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:28 PM

Location: Grew up in Santa Clarita/San Fernando Valley's...now in Washington State
Don't let em get to you!!!! Whenever they start talkin ˟˟˟˟ tell em:YOU bought your beast, not "mommie and daddie", and you took dude to the trails and SPANKED him. Also rub in the fact that not only did you do all that, but your truck wasn't even runnin at 100% like his. Tell them to choke on that. And just as you start to walk away finish the conversation with this " 'nuff said".

And If that don't work, let me know and I'll take my under-powered, disliked 3.sl0 up there and let them know that If they think thier rigs' better than mine then put the pink slip up, or kick rocks. Then we'd have some fun!!!!!
Old 11-29-2004, 11:03 PM

Ask the rich boy why is driving a bigger vehicle. Is he trying to make up for an inadequacy somewhere else? Maybe his drive-shaft is too small, so he's trying to compensate... lmao
Old 11-29-2004, 11:13 PM

Location: Grew up in Santa Clarita/San Fernando Valley's...now in Washington State
Not the Napolean (short-man's) Complex theory......lol
Old 11-29-2004, 11:20 PM

he didnt want to get hes truck dirty oh brother this guy is a poser for sure, you will never ever win against a poser they have all the words and excuses
Old 11-29-2004, 11:24 PM
Banned

i like the h2 sut better than the regular h2 that looks like a shoebox with wheels
Old 11-30-2004, 04:25 AM
Contributing Member

H2

Originally Posted by jimabena74
i like the h2 sut better than the regular h2 that looks like a shoebox with wheels
The H2, Navigator, Aviator, Excursion, Expedition, and Escalade are all a joke. The executives here at work all have them, they climb up into them like they are better than every one else and look like dweebs! I mean come on, our executive chef, a little guy from England drives a yellow H2, he looks like such a jack off in the truck its sad! One of our directors drives an Excursion, he is also a little guy from the Bahamas that drives 45 miles each way to work every day and his truck is to big to fit in the parking garage! I don’t know what people are thinking with these trucks, the designers or the people buying them. I can see some of them if you really need an SUV that is that big, like if you have 4 kids and tow something often but come on. I love pulling into the parking lot in my yota, they all look down on it and me when I hop out in the morning, but I don’t care! I’ve tried to get those guys out on the trail but they make up reasons why they can’t take the trucks out, it might get scratched, or I can’t get it dirty. I did have one guy in a Suburban that talked a lot of ˟˟˟˟ come out with me once, I had to pull him out twice, once was priceless, he tried to cross a wash out that was in a shale pit, when he did his truck didn’t flex so one front wheel and one rear wheel were off the ground, priceless. Needless to day he won’t play any more! When I was in high school I got the same crap from people, I had a sport bike that I bought myself, it was a late 80s Yamaha FZ600, and my car which looked like CRAP, it was an older Saab and I took off all the turbo badging. The car was a sleeper and a half. It had 175,000 miles but the engine and trans were out of a 93 that only had 36,000 when it was crashed, that along with about $1700 in mods to the turbo, ecu and fuel system along with Kilen springs made it quite fun to ask the little rich kids to put the money where the mouth was. When I was in school they all had Eagle Talons or Mits. Eclipse, which were oh so fun to watch disappear in the rear view, and if they could hang which some of the turbos could I would make them look like toys in the twisties! That said you will never get away from the a$$ holes that like to talk, but when it comes down to it 99% of it is just that, talk.
Old 11-30-2004, 04:34 AM
Contributing Member

Nice kill! Be careful on the desert, I don't want to read a post that you rolled your Yota!
Old 11-30-2004, 04:57 AM
lee
Contributing Member

i get complimented on my runner a lot actually, but i get made fun of for loving her so much. hahah.

one of my friends picked up a handful of leaves and threw it all over the rear of my just-freshly-washed runner. i'd spent 2 hrs that morning cleaning it. and when i go "why did you do that??", he was laughing really hard and thought it was an OCD outburst! hahah.

it really was funny, but thats the kind of crap you have to take for loving your yota sometimes...
Old 11-30-2004, 08:29 AM

Location: 100 miles offshore as much as possible, & Springfield Oregon USA
Originally Posted by turboale
Domestics are like assholes... everyone has one and they are all ugly...

half kidding, their desiels are good, but now even vw is whooping their ass in that department....

This stuff is not all quite fair you know. I've owned a bunch of Yotas, but I also have an F150 Supercab - and it's a very nice truck, it's roomy, comfortable, powerful and it isn't ugly. I couldn't tow what I need to with a Yota, so I keep the F around... But on the other hand I don't go around bragging and putting down imports either, although I have been known to put down the occasional 22" rimmed Yukon...
Old 11-30-2004, 08:53 AM
Contributing Member

Yeah I am a student GM technician and I DRIVE a TOYOTA! GM is okay.... maybe for getting the kids at school, but I would take my 4Runner over any of them. I even turned down a big offer for a Corvette I worked on to trade my 4Runner. My experiences is that domestics are pretty much equal, but for your money's worth, stick with the imported Toyota. Them Japs knew how to build something that will wheel, kill, and bury everyone in the trails. Heck why do most Austrailians drive Toyotas? (I know I maybe stereotyping) Here's my own quote, I understand the Jeep, Dodge, GM, and Ford thang; THAT'S why I drive a Toyota!!
Old 11-30-2004, 02:28 PM
Contributing Member

one word: reliability.
Old 11-30-2004, 03:01 PM

gotta say it, i like your boat got any more pictures? and why a f-150 and not a tundra lol, jk
Old 11-30-2004, 04:50 PM

funny say what you will about fords..
i respect some of them..
but at least ford builds their own engines.. unlike
the diesels in dodge (cummins) and chev (isuzu).

be that said.. of the big 3 i'd still buy a chev duramax.. why?? so i can tow the crazy bad a$$ toyota to the trail.
other than that.. i'm more than happy with the tacoma (96) i have.
Old 11-30-2004, 05:11 PM

Location: 100 miles offshore as much as possible, & Springfield Oregon USA
Originally Posted by desert whomper
gotta say it, i like your boat got any more pictures? and why a f-150 and not a tundra lol, jk
LOL, thanks, make that "boats" Sailing is my first love. There's a few pics online at http://www.pcez.com/~pcollins/Sailingpics/ and
http://www.pcez.com/~pcollins/BoatBuildingPics/
and the boat I race http://www.pcez.com/~pcollins/F150pics/P3290009sm.jpg

Why the F150? Well, short version: I bought it only weeks before the First v8 Tundras arrived at the local dealership (Penticton BC at that time.) But mostly, I got a VERY good deal on it, (I had always been the first to badmouth Fords...) I was the service manager at an RV dealer and one of our "family" good customers traded it in with only 4000 kilometers on it, 3 months old! I bought it back of wholesale! I couldn't pass it up. But I gotta say, since then I've spent hundreds of miles in a v8 Tundra - it drives a little better and is a little quieter, but it WILL NOT tow anything close to what my 5.4 does. And my F150 has a decent back seat, the one in the Tundra is a cruel joke. I love the trans in the Tundra and even after 75,000 miles I hate the trans in the Ford.

[[ of the big 3 i'd still buy a chev duramax.. ]]

I used to think that too until I took a good close look at the suspension. Imagine how it will ride in a few years when those rubber bumpers in the lower control arms ride on wear out. THat is without any doubt the stupidest suspension design ever. My boss has already started having steering and alignment problems with his, it's a year old.

Last edited by Flamedx4; 11-30-2004 at 05:27 PM.

Quick Reply: Some people, thye just gotta be better