Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Pace Edwards RollTop Tonneau?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2003, 12:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pace Edwards RollTop Tonneau?!?!

Has anyone ever used one of these? Specifically with a Tacoma dbl cab? It sounds like a great in-between, but there has to be some pros and cons. Any input is appreciated.

Also, with a stock tacoma (dbl cab sr-5 trd v6) what are some of the first mods people do? I'm a noob with trucks, as i've only owned mustangs till now.

Thanks,

Rob
Old 08-01-2003, 04:57 PM
Contributing Member

Not sure what brand it is, but we have a roll cover on our 2500HD Chevy at work. Its a great invention. You can keep it locked in any position, and you can lock it down. Kind of a good idea if you need to put anything worth anything in the back. I would get one if I had money to burn and had a truck. It came on the chevy, so don't know about price and all of that. I know you can get electric ones too that you can operate from a keyfob. Kinda neat... as for earily mods... First thing is some good tires, then LIFT IT!! Or do both at the same time so you can get bigger tires
Old 08-01-2003, 09:12 PM
Contributing Member

I used to install them. Pretty good quality, but a bit overpriced.

Be sure to get a locking tailgate handle ($25) or you will completely defeat the purpose of the roll-top with lock.
Old 08-04-2003, 10:47 AM

thanks guys... i'll check them out a bit more. a bit pricey, but seems like the best in between of open bed easily sealed. i just dont like the retractable soft tonneaus...
Old 08-04-2003, 01:56 PM

um even if it does lock, it is soft

if that is the case couldnt i come along with a razor sharp box cutter and slice and dice my way into it and steal all of your goodies....?

why not a fiberglass cover, i would imagine they would last longer also, no rips, tears, fading and getting all brittle from the sun

my .02
Old 08-05-2003, 08:32 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by jjdeneen
um even if it does lock, it is soft

if that is the case couldnt i come along with a razor sharp box cutter and slice and dice my way into it and steal all of your goodies....?
The Pace Edwards Roll Top is not just a "cut and play" deal. You would need a saw to cut through the material and make a big enough hole to steal stuff. It not just vinyl. There is a backing on it. Granted, fiberglas would be much safer.