Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

No OD Button....

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 12:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Junkyards

I wished I lived where some of you live! You all would die if you saw the way the junkyards around here are run. There are 4 to choose from within 40 miles of my town.... ALL of them charge only a few dollars less than what a new part would cost!

What the little skinflints here do is let you tell them what part off of what year vehicle you are looking for. THey send some chimp out back to look for it... you wait.... then chimp comes back in and tells counter guy. Counter guy gets on computer and looks at what brand new part costs. THen he has the gall to turn to you and give you a price that is like $5.00 less!! (As if you havent already gone out and priced the part new)

It can really hack you off. I dont know how any of them around here even stay in business.

You all are lucky.

James
Old 04-10-2007, 05:16 AM
Contributing Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by DSN46
I wished I lived where some of you live! You all would die if you saw the way the junkyards around here are run. There are 4 to choose from within 40 miles of my town.... ALL of them charge only a few dollars less than what a new part would cost!

What the little skinflints here do is let you tell them what part off of what year vehicle you are looking for. THey send some chimp out back to look for it... you wait.... then chimp comes back in and tells counter guy. Counter guy gets on computer and looks at what brand new part costs. THen he has the gall to turn to you and give you a price that is like $5.00 less!! (As if you havent already gone out and priced the part new)

It can really hack you off. I dont know how any of them around here even stay in business.

You all are lucky.

James
Sounds like the yards around here too, except they bring out a part that looks like it was removed with a crowbar and then beat with a hammer. I've found a few good deals here:
http://www.car-part.com/