Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

New 95 Tacoma questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 09:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New 95 Tacoma questions

Soo, I have owned several 4Runner and Pickups pre 95 in the past. Looking at a 95 Tacoma now but looking online it seems the offroad support fell off a bit post 1995.

Its 4x4 5Spd 3.4L and first thing I was trying to find a snorkel kit and lockers. I would use it on pavement a fair bit so I wanted to go the LSD route as they should act as an open diff most of the time.

The only LSD I can find much on is the True Trac LSD but there is absolutly no information from the seller on it. It says its for a 1995 Tacoma but it doesnt even say what ring gear size.. I dont have a ton of experience with lockers and LSDs,etc but could someone give me some info, I dont know how common LSDs are in front differentials but ideally I would like an LSD in both front and rear diff, which if Im not mistaken should be "8.4" Rear and 7.5 Front. Anyone have a good seller or info they can provide? (P.S. Im in Canada, so yes there is snow and shipping is also a concern).

OTHER than that, the only snorkel kit I can find is like $500CA which is whatever but theres like $80 for the land cruisers, so does anyone know if there are different snorkel kits available elsewhere?
Thanks in advance!
Old 08-27-2017, 05:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95 owner here, however I have a 2.7 with automatic tranny. Take a look at East Coast Gear Supply, they are a great resource for diffs, axles, rings, pinions, gears, and every little part in between. While I have no personal experience swapping axles, Im sure guys there can direct you to what you need.

Snorkel kits have never been my thing, try Ebay. You can try 4WheelParts as well, however I know a lot of guys have not had the greatest experience with them. I've only purchased a bumper from them and knew exactly which one to get so I have no issues with them.