Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

i hate geico!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 09:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mkgarrison5
its 900$ worth of damage... how do you do small claims court? i dont have her info!! how do i get her info? her insurance wont give it to me

You are going to have to do your own detective work. I still cannot believe that the cops wont follow up on this!! In CT, small claims court max is like $4,000. Check the legal stuff down at town hall or the courthouse - or that funky internet thingy!

G
Old 04-17-2007, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by gpcollen1
You are going to have to do your own detective work. I still cannot believe that the cops wont follow up on this!! In CT, small claims court max is like $4,000. Check the legal stuff down at town hall or the courthouse - or that funky internet thingy!

G

its a crime yes they just dont do the real detailed accident report.. i know its dumb but what can i do?? geico is really trying to f me on this... they found the car and the girl who did but still wont do it bc the pics dont match up.. how professional is that??
Old 04-17-2007, 10:35 AM

The insurance company isn't going to volunteer to pay for anything because if they deny it, 5 out of 10 people won't pursue it so they save a huge amount of money. Your best bet is to get your insurance involved and have them help you work it out. They may be able to get things resolved with Geico so that you won't have to claim on your own policy or pay your $500. You have a witness and documentation from the authorities... that is a lot of ammuntion for your own insurance company to use.
I deal indirectly with all the major insurance companies on a daily basis. I see people get worked over all the time when they try to go against an insurance company alone. The people that have their own insurance help them go against the other persons insurance get far better results. And don't scream at people over the phone or anything like that, it usually doesn't help. Good Luck.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Fo-runna
The insurance company isn't going to volunteer to pay for anything because if they deny it, 5 out of 10 people won't pursue it so they save a huge amount of money. Your best bet is to get your insurance involved and have them help you work it out. They may be able to get things resolved with Geico so that you won't have to claim on your own policy or pay your $500. You have a witness and documentation from the authorities... that is a lot of ammuntion for your own insurance company to use.
I deal indirectly with all the major insurance companies on a daily basis. I see people get worked over all the time when they try to go against an insurance company alone. The people that have their own insurance help them go against the other persons insurance get far better results. And don't scream at people over the phone or anything like that, it usually doesn't help. Good Luck.
i am going to have the witness talk to geico again.. if that doesnt work ill try to get my insurance company to their own investigation.. then to small claims court i go.. with the witness and geico's own investigtion under apeona
Old 04-17-2007, 07:31 PM

I was hit by a guy that had Geico and it took them 3 weeks to come back and say ow im sorry he didn?t have insurance. When ever I called them all they would say is "im sorry but we cant give out any information, because of privacy!"
Old 04-17-2007, 10:20 PM

What kind of Police officer worked the case? Leaving the scene of a motor vehicle accident IS A CRIME in all 50 states! There is no 24 window.... there should have been an accident report as WELL as a CRIMINAL investigation report done on this incident.

I know when I work a Hit-and-Run, I personally go after the suspect (if I have an I.D., which it sounds like you do) and arrest them (duh). If the damage amount is over $1000.00 it becomes a class D Felony case. In your case it is a class A misdemeanor at least.

I would begin with the officer working the case and find out why he/she hasnt made any effort to apply for a WARRANT for the suspect's arrest.
It doesnt matter what state she lives in.

Rant off.

James