95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

How big SteveO's 4Runner REALLY is...

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 10:21 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How big SteveO's 4Runner REALLY is...pics inside, not dial-up friendly

Just another gratuitous picture posting thread

SteveO's office in now relatively close to mine, so I went by this morning to see his big green beast, now that is is road worthy (from his recent rear coil-to-leaf spring swap and PC 4" front lift). He still needs a rear bumper and sliders, but it looks really incredible.

For the sake of comparison, I parked in front of him. I have about 2" of lift in the front and 2.5" in the rear, and my runner looks tiny :pat:

The pewter-colored GMC ZR2 behind SteveO is a friend of ours, too... (Hi Chuck )

Hey Jim and Paul, if you see this, sorry there wasn't any curbs or rocks in the parking lot to pose on

Last edited by loosehead; 04-02-2004 at 11:08 AM. Reason: change title due to picture size
Old 04-02-2004, 10:27 AM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking We're not worthy

Old 04-02-2004, 10:27 AM
Contributing Member

WOW that was fast.

I was just looking at the forcast for this weekend and the upcoming week. Looks like lots-o-rain. So, no work on the beast this weekend, or I put the small wheels on and drag it into the garage. Oh well, guess the ARB will have to wait.

I'm currently working on the write up for the rear leaf setup. So, all you folks who are interested, I'm hoping to have it done by this weekend. Stay posted, I'll have it done pretty quick here.
Old 04-02-2004, 10:29 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by waskillywabbit

tooo funny. I get a kick out of the bowing guys

Waskillywabbit, do you play guitar? I would assume so with the player in your signature.
Old 04-02-2004, 10:30 AM
Banned

Talking Front lift

Originally Posted by SteveO
WOW that was fast.

I was just looking at the forcast for this weekend and the upcoming week. Looks like lots-o-rain. So, no work on the beast this weekend, or I put the small wheels on and drag it into the garage. Oh well, guess the ARB will have to wait.

I'm currently working on the write up for the rear leaf setup. So, all you folks who are interested, I'm hoping to have it done by this weekend. Stay posted, I'll have it done pretty quick here.
So how do you get 4" up front and not demolish the CVs? I have something to work towards now...:pat:...but dang it...more money!

Old 04-02-2004, 10:32 AM
Contributing Member

Kinda fast, huh...I needed something to do while I eat lunch at my desk

Steve, I'm sure you'll get a few questions about "the conversion"
Old 04-02-2004, 10:33 AM
Banned

Talking Geetar

Originally Posted by SteveO
tooo funny. I get a kick out of the bowing guys

Waskillywabbit, do you play guitar? I would assume so with the player in your signature.
I am a point guy who plays at guitar, mostly acoustic, but I am good at getting the song started and giving the drummer the right beat for him to keep. Nothing fancy, but I'm pretty good at it. I lead a band on Sundays and we do away gigs. I didn't start playing until I was 30, but took piano as a youngin' so I can read music and all that classical stuff comes in handy sometimes, but I play mostly by ear...

Old 04-02-2004, 10:33 AM
Contributing Member

So how do you get 4" up front and not demolish the CVs? I have something to work towards now...:pat:...but dang it...more money!

I think he bought Breezy's lift kit for the front.

I take it you finally got all the parts.
Old 04-02-2004, 10:35 AM
lee
Contributing Member

wow... thats all i can say.
Old 04-02-2004, 10:42 AM
Contributing Member

Yup, Breezey's old Tacoma 4" Pro Comp lift is up front. No, I didn't get all the parts for the kit, so I had to purchase, fabricate and modify parts to put it all together. Thus far, its working pretty well. I have yet to really flex it out. This summer, after I fix the ARB pump thing, I'm going to flex it out. Jim, Jason, Chuck, we need to make a run to the Tank Trap.
Old 04-02-2004, 10:44 AM

Looks pretty sweet. I think some bigger and more aggresive tires are in order. Is it the missing rear bumper that makes it look like its sitting too high in the butt?
Old 04-02-2004, 10:49 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by cruizin01
Looks pretty sweet. I think some bigger and more aggresive tires are in order. Is it the missing rear bumper that makes it look like its sitting too high in the butt?
The bumper is missing. I used to have my custom bumper on there, but with the shackles not sitting where the hitch bolts are, this was not an option. I'm thinking about modifying my custom bumper to fit to the bottom of the frame rails, and the inside of the framerails. I currently have 240lbs of sand bags in the back, and I usually carry the spare tire in the back as well, for a total of 320lbs in the back. One thing I can say is that the ride is really great! The springs are really nice, and the angle of the shackles allow a very soft ride. The flex, from what I have seen so far, is awesome.
Old 04-02-2004, 10:49 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by loosehead
Kinda fast, huh...I needed something to do while I eat lunch at my desk
One of those "Working Lunches" again

God Gawd Steve!!!! Don't run over any other vehicles getting out of the parking lot
Old 04-02-2004, 10:51 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by ALBPM
One of those "Working Lunches" again

God Gawd Steve!!!! Don't run over any other vehicles getting out of the parking lot
I actually have to grab a hold of the steering wheel and pull/hop into the 4Runner. When I get out, I slide out of the seat and hop onto the ground. I suppose I should get a picture of me (5'9") standing next to the seat height. That would really put things into perspective.
Old 04-02-2004, 10:55 AM
Contributing Member

Um, yeah, working lunch, thats it.

Its friday, and I think there are only 2-3 other people around on my floor.
Old 04-02-2004, 11:01 AM
Contributing Member

Do you ever plan on leveling the back out? It seems to me it would look better even but thats all I can say as I don't even have a lift

Fink
Old 04-02-2004, 11:05 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by loosehead
Um, yeah, working lunch, thats it.

Its friday, and I think there are only 2-3 other people around on my floor.

LOL!!!! Me too .......

I'm working hard reading posts at Yotatech. Darn, someone just had the nerve to call me during my "working Lunch" and ask me to help design their next experiment.
Old 04-02-2004, 11:08 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 4x4Fink
Do you ever plan on leveling the back out? It seems to me it would look better even but thats all I can say as I don't even have a lift

Fink
Indeed, I am working on leveling it out. I'm hoping the weight of the bumper and tire on the rear end will help bring it down. If that doesn't work, I may have to pull the bottom leaf from the spring pack. I don't want to pull the bottom leaf, as it helps keep the pack from going into a negative arch (which will also be fixed by bumpstops), but it does need to come down a bit.
Old 04-02-2004, 11:14 AM

It's calling for a SAS.
Old 04-02-2004, 11:21 AM
Contributing Member

one day, the SAS will happen.

Quick Reply: How big SteveO's 4Runner REALLY is...