Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Gun owners – Interior holster suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2003, 01:25 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey AZTOY,

Have you thought about trying to retrofit your rig with some flip down headlights installing some 50 cal.'s behind them? I have the rear license plate that flips down and spews oil on the ground behind me and the rear lift gate houses a sheet of 3/4" steel plate that raises automatically when I enter certain parts of Houston like the 5th Ward. I've thought about cutting a hole in my roof and putting in a turrett so my buddies can smoke some homies on the way home from Texans games next fall. haha
Old 03-17-2003, 01:53 PM

lol.. This is just bizzare reading these threads. ..Im curious about something though. Can you carry a handgun at all times?Can it be loaded?Can a round be in the chamber? Should it be concealed or is it to be seen. Are all the states different as to the laws of the handgun. Are any states not allowed handguns.
When you guys go wheelin with your buddies, do you all have and carry guns?
No disrespect whatsoever to you guys, as this topic would never come up in Canada. You know the reasons.
The laws in Canada concerning guns are steadily getting worse. Pretty soon it will be an offence to TALK about guns.
Makes me SICK!
Old 03-17-2003, 02:58 PM

zedex, all states are different... Some have no provision for carry at all. In AZ for example, you may carry openly, but you need a permit to carry concealed.
In my state, you cannot carry openly and must get a license to carry.
There are prohibited places and that too varys by state. Bars, Schools, Federal property, ect. We can carry in church, but in TX they used to not be able to.
Some states have agreements with other states (called reciprocity.)

Yea, Canada has really gotten screwed.
Old 03-17-2003, 03:20 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by zedex
lol.. This is just bizzare reading these threads. ..Im curious about something though. Can you carry a handgun at all times?Can it be loaded?Can a round be in the chamber? Should it be concealed or is it to be seen. Are all the states different as to the laws of the handgun. Are any states not allowed handguns.
When you guys go wheelin with your buddies, do you all have and carry guns?
No disrespect whatsoever to you guys, as this topic would never come up in Canada. You know the reasons.
The laws in Canada concerning guns are steadily getting worse. Pretty soon it will be an offence to TALK about guns.
Makes me SICK!
Here's everything that you could want to know about state gun laws and their differences. http://www.packing.org/states.jsp

Washington is a moderate state. You can carry concealed with a permit in all but a few locations, but you may not carry openly. How or why you carry, round in the pipe or not, etc. is up to the individual.

The best feature of Washington gun law is the state "preemption". That is, the state law is THE law, unlike in Kalifornia where individual municipalities can make their own laws, resulting in a patchwork of laws that keeps you guessing as to what is legal where.

Some of the folks I wheel with are armed, some are not. Unless we are going wheeling for the purpose of going shooting, there is no way to know who is and who is not.
Old 03-17-2003, 08:32 PM

WATRD,

In your last post you mentioned going wheeling to go shooting...where do you go? I've been trying to find places to go wheeling and shooting, but it's tough these days to find these places. Know of any good places w/in an hour of Seattle? TIA
Old 03-17-2003, 10:12 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by RgrChu
WATRD,

In your last post you mentioned going wheeling to go shooting...where do you go? I've been trying to find places to go wheeling and shooting, but it's tough these days to find these places. Know of any good places w/in an hour of Seattle? TIA
Down town L.A.?

Just kidding!
I thought i needed to add a couple lines to this one.
I have a CZ 100 (smaller than the 1911 style) and use on occasion a uncle mikes IWB holster it is a right hand holster and I use it cross draw. it seems to dificult to draw on strong side and it can be very comfortable as a cross draw. if you were left handed than for the same setup you would need a left hand holster for cross draw and if you wanted to use it small of back than you would need the opposit hand holster so right handers would need a left hand for small of back. It is soft and light weight and makes the lines of the gun alot more bearable.
I wore it and my wife never noticed!
as per laws.. they are different whereever you go.

Old 03-17-2003, 11:45 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by RgrChu
WATRD,

I commonly head out to Greenwater for my shooting needs, but there are a bunch of areas along I-90 that are legal and safe to shoot in. Just drive out 90, stop at a few of the exits between Northbend and the pass and listen for shots fired. If they sound close, you are likely in an area where it is okay. But, be careful and courteous. That area is shared by bikers, hikers, wheelers and shooters.
Old 03-18-2003, 07:34 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is a large gravel pit up Hansen Creek that usually has shooters in it. Saw a guy there shooting a Barrett last year. Could hear that thing bark ANYWHERE I went up there that day.
Hansen is at the Denny Creek exit on I90 (south side). The pit is about 3-4 miles up the road.
Old 03-18-2003, 11:46 AM

Consider a good edged weapon too

Guys,

I have been following this thread closely and, from what I have read, it sounds like everyone is exercising good common sense in their approach to firearms. Without going into too much detail, I used to be a local level law enforcement officer so I always carried a firearm with me. However, police officers are usually only permitted to carry off duty in their home state. There are states that have reciprocal agreements that allow sworn law enforcement officers to carry in off-duty but they are few and far between. I work for a large federal law enforcement agency which allows me carry anywhere in the U.S. or its territories. I am required to carry a firearm while on duty, especially when flying on a plane. Here's my caveat. When I am off-duty, whether I am carrying a firearm of not, I always carry a good edged weapon. Because of my employment I can purchase automatic knives but there are numerous exceptionally good combat folding knives. I have been to several police academies in my law enforcement career. They always show a video entitled, "Surviving Edged Weapons." If any of you have ever seen this video you will never discount the lethality of a knife. We have a saying in law enforcement, "If you want to turn someone into an instant black belt, give them a knife." I have had alot of training in disarming techniques and the one thing the instructors always tell you regarding disarming a person with a knife is to shoot them. Otherwise, plan on getting cut. The minimum safe distance for a skilled officer to safely draw his weapon and fire two incapacitating rounds at a person armed with a knife is twenty-one feet. As a local law enforcement officer, I always more concerned about getting stabbed. Everyone has access to knives. Every domestic I went to, there was a kitchen full of knives and I saw three times as many stabbings as shootings. Sorry I have appear to have rambled on, but that is my .02 cents.

Echo
Old 03-18-2003, 02:18 PM
Contributing Member

Echo5059

I agree about the knifes.

Knifes canbe more dangers than guns!
Old 03-18-2003, 04:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I envy you guys that have carry permits. Here's one for the books. I have a Class A permit, but I cannot conceal. Does that make sense? I've had NRA instructors tell me to ignore that and tell it to the Judge, after I have defended my person in a hostile situation. I don't think that is advice I will follow, but I am sure there are many, many others who adhere to that. I also want to say that I agree that this is a potentially volitile subject and it is being handled with the proper respect for all opinions ... so far.
Old 03-18-2003, 06:21 PM

Let's see... My G23 rides in a Galico paddle holster that just happens to fit snuggly into the grab handle above and slightly above my head. It can't be seen from the exterior and most never notice it when they are in the truck.
Now my M1A rides in a lockable case that is seatbelted into the rear jump seat.

Here are some pic's http://www.athenswater.com/my_weapons.htm

WM