Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Got Stuck...Had Fun *pics*

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2005, 04:39 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got Stuck...Had Fun *pics*

I went offroad for the first time with another vehicle yesterday. Nothing to brag about really, just some good fun, half a mile from home.

Airing down.

Setting the grass on fire with my awsome stuffed/aired rear wheels.

Getting stuck climbing a hill out of a creek.

I'm stuck hanging on my rear bumper. Stupid thing, it's like my rear tires are barely even touching the ground. I'm just hanging.

After spending some time hooking up another truck to get out of that we went exploring and found this small bog. I crept across it to see how deep it was.

It looks like I rolled the mud on with a paint roller.

We got lots more pics but hardly any came out because of the lighting. Next time I'll go out during the day to get some good ones.
Old 03-05-2005, 04:50 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Awesome! Was that on private property or public?
Old 03-05-2005, 04:54 PM

I do love mud pics!
Old 03-06-2005, 02:44 AM

very nice
Old 03-06-2005, 11:20 AM
Contributing Member

Yeah it was private land, but there are a lot of trails that people ride. The cops would probably give you a ticket if they saw you.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:54 AM

Nothing quite like admitting an illegal act and showing pics of it on a public forum is there?
Old 03-06-2005, 12:10 PM

I don't think that was the point Fly. Lay off the holier than thou act eh?
Old 03-06-2005, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by futurerunner
I don't think that was the point Fly. Lay off the holier than thou act eh?
Excuse me? Do yourself a favor will ya? Type in 4x4 land closure in google.

Just because you get your rocks off by playing in a water-shed and tearing up the terrain doens't mean that everyone will. When you post something like this in an open forum, you BEST be prepared to take the criticism.

Be lucky I didn't catch you doing it.

And for the hollier then thou bit...... Take some of your own medicine will ya.
Old 03-06-2005, 01:01 PM

Location: Grew up in Santa Clarita/San Fernando Valley's...now in Washington State
Originally Posted by dogdenii
Excuse me? Do yourself a favor will ya? Type in 4x4 land closure in google.

Just because you get your rocks off by playing in a water-shed and tearing up the terrain doens't mean that everyone will. When you post something like this in an open forum, you BEST be prepared to take the criticism.

Be lucky I didn't catch you doing it.

And for the hollier then thou bit...... Take some of your own medicine will ya.
1.Talk about practicing what you preach while preaching about being preached.

2.All he said was that it was private land, and you all assumed he went without permission. Maybe he did and although he didn't say he had the o.k., no1 asked him If he had permission or not. Find out all the information BEFORE opening thy mouth and talkin smack.

By the 9 holy hells gentlemen......
Old 03-06-2005, 01:33 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by drkgypsy
.All he said was that it was private land, and you all assumed he went without permission. Maybe he did and although he didn't say he had the o.k., no1 asked him If he had permission or not. Find out all the information BEFORE opening thy mouth and talkin smack.
but by his above post:
Originally Posted by getitdone
The cops would probably give you a ticket if they saw you.
tells me that he shouldn't be there, I'm on dogdenii's side unless getitdone did have permission to wheel on that land, then i will shut up, i just got into this hobby a few years ago, and just recently got a rig to wheel with, and i don't want misinformed people giving us a bad name, and eventually closing regulated trails, thats all
Old 03-06-2005, 01:40 PM

Yeah it was private land, but there are a lot of trails that people ride. The cops would probably give you a ticket if they saw you.
Basic english fellas.

I don't care if you come from the West Coast, the midwest or the East Coast. The rules are simple. In this day and age, it's important to give this sport/hobby a positive feel. It's bad enough that we deal with the "redneck" stereotype" of wheeling. It's up to each and every single one of us to become responsible wheelers and wheel where we are supposed to be and nowhere else.

Gray wheeling is just as illegal as wheeling on property posted "do not enter" It's that simple.

Think about the influence that you have as one single person in this hobby. If you get caught, and maybe even make it into a paper on a slow week, the hobby gets a bad name and so do all of us in it.

Grow up and get on the trails that are 100% positively legal. If you don't like it........... go visit your congressman or senator and do something about it.
Old 03-06-2005, 02:28 PM
Contributing Member

Geez, I didn't mean to start a fight!

You guys are right. The trails that I when on were illegal. I am putting a bad name to the 4x4 hobby. I'm not being sarcastic, I just didn't think about it from that angle. I have way too much respect for the hobby to be bashing it like that. The last thing that I want is to be looked at like a stupid redneck who trashes private property. I was so amped about wheeling my awsome truck that I didn't really care where I went. Does anybody know where there are legal trails around Dallas? Maybe I'll call up 4wheel parts tomarrow and ask them.
Old 03-06-2005, 02:49 PM

You guys are right. The trails that I when on were illegal. I am putting a bad name to the 4x4 hobby. I'm not being sarcastic, I just didn't think about it from that angle. I have way too much respect for the hobby to be bashing it like that. The last thing that I want is to be looked at like a stupid redneck who trashes private property. I was so amped about wheeling my awsome truck that I didn't really care where I went. Does anybody know where there are legal trails around Dallas? Maybe I'll call up 4wheel parts tomarrow and ask them.
Now that was respectful!

I'm sure there are some folks in your area that can help you out. I agree that when you finally get out there, it's exciting, especially in a TOY... lol
Good luck and pass the word if you find anything in your area or nearby.

I drive over 2-3.5 hours to wheel legally.
Old 03-06-2005, 02:59 PM

This sort of behavior is what closes places.

Doing it is one thing, admitting it publicly is another.

Going on private land without permission and saying if the cops were there, there would have been tickets tells me it was illegal and there was no permission. Maybe I am holy, but that is how it reads to me.

Last edited by Flygtenstein; 03-06-2005 at 03:01 PM.
Old 03-06-2005, 03:17 PM
Contributing Member

ahh let it go.. good lord

ian
Old 03-06-2005, 04:42 PM

I feel your pain bro... the reason TX sucks so bad is the fact that there is NO public land here. A person from Ft. Collins (where i went to college) wouldn't understand that there is a fence around everything in this state so after a while you just say ˟˟˟˟˟ it and go off-roading. Land Closure in TX? How, there is very little public land, and the public land there is here you can barely ride a bicycle on it! So wheel on bro.. TX has enough wasted land it's not going to matter anyways.
Old 03-06-2005, 05:15 PM
Contributing Member

I don't know much about Texas, usually just pass on through when I'm there. I am sort of suprised, to hear that there's no-where wheel in Texas, whilst from what I read there's a lot of places to go in California. Just sort of the opposite of what one might expect, based on popular stereotypes of both states....
Old 03-06-2005, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by ianshoots
I don't know much about Texas, usually just pass on through when I'm there. I am sort of suprised, to hear that there's no-where wheel in Texas, whilst from what I read there's a lot of places to go in California. Just sort of the opposite of what one might expect, based on popular stereotypes of both states....
CA has BLM land like Colorado, New Mexico and many other NW states. TX has very little public land, and the land you can use is not very recreation friendly.
Old 03-06-2005, 08:16 PM
Contributing Member

Yea, I think that is the opinoin around here. I have herd of some places to wheel in wylie but have never seen them. I will just have to investigate. I don't think there is much land to close in Texas, but I still don't want to give a bad rep for 4x4 trucks! I doubt that I will make much of a difference by myself, but better to be part of the solution than part of the problem. Thanks all for the insight.
Old 03-06-2005, 09:03 PM

how bout everyone take a damn chill pill. he made a mistake by wheeling on land where he shouldn't. mistakes are made. i swear you all act like you've never done anything stupid. i know i have. i learned, and i don't anymore. give the kid a break. ˟˟˟˟...

Quick Reply: Got Stuck...Had Fun *pics*