Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners
View Poll Results: which emblem removal scenario is best?
13.64%
47.11%
39.26%
Voters: 242. You may not vote on this poll

emblem options -- poll!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 07:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ric
ok guys,
Ive been wanting to do the Black Pearl thing for sometime now, and thanks to Bob, for his great write up, its done.
Before:

After:

I know its not the best pics, but I was in a hurry.
oh, Ive also dont the front emblem, but with the winch in the way, Im not gonna put it back today, lol.
I dont think they turned out to bad concidering this was my first try.
Old 05-02-2006, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Stive2699
get rid of the stealership sticker... I took mine off the day I got it... it was one of those stickers thats all in different peices so it took some time and alot of scratching but eventually I got it all off. "Atlanta Used Cars 555-5555" It was all of that and maybe a little bit more all split up... sucked.
Funny story about 'stealership badges/stickers'...

Personally, I HATE them and have left places that would not remove them.

When the wife and I went out to look at the 4Runner, we were pretty convinced that we would buy the one we found. We were doing paperwork and I happened to look out the window at the back of the truck and saw the dealership sticker on the truck and told the sales guy that if they really wanted the sale that the sticker would have to go. I am not a billboard, never have been never will be. By this time the sales guy is seeing his sale unwind so he disappears for 3 minutes and comes back with a smile. Mind you this was a small dealership (5 people +1 receptionist) in the sales & finance deptartments.

About 5 minutes later the OWNER was walking outside with a razor blade, a towel and a bottle of windex and removing the sticker. I apologized for sunding like an a$$ but it was just one of my pet peaves and afterall I was buying a truck from them.

He smiled at me and confessed to me that he did the same thing for his Lexus.
Old 05-02-2006, 02:34 PM

Couldn't agree more
Originally Posted by DoubleZero4x4
Funny story about 'stealership badges/stickers'...

Personally, I HATE them and have left places that would not remove them.

When the wife and I went out to look at the 4Runner, we were pretty convinced that we would buy the one we found. We were doing paperwork and I happened to look out the window at the back of the truck and saw the dealership sticker on the truck and told the sales guy that if they really wanted the sale that the sticker would have to go. I am not a billboard, never have been never will be. By this time the sales guy is seeing his sale unwind so he disappears for 3 minutes and comes back with a smile. Mind you this was a small dealership (5 people +1 receptionist) in the sales & finance deptartments.

About 5 minutes later the OWNER was walking outside with a razor blade, a towel and a bottle of windex and removing the sticker. I apologized for sunding like an a$$ but it was just one of my pet peaves and afterall I was buying a truck from them.

He smiled at me and confessed to me that he did the same thing for his Lexus.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:11 PM

For those of you that debadged your trucks, I am assuming that all the emblems on the rear are just applied with tape and can be easily removed. I thought I read somewhere that some of the emblems have the two little pegs, so once removed would reveal 2 small holes on the tailgate.

Also, does anyone know if you can still get the black pearl Toyota logo emblems? I'd like to debadge everything but the front Toyota logo and the back Toyota logo and possibly "4 Runner" emblem.

If you do a parts search on this site for "black pearl" about 10 options come up, but not sure if any of them fit the 99 Runner: http://www.trdparts4u.com/search.aspx

Thanks!

Last edited by fireball; 04-16-2009 at 06:25 PM. Reason: added link
Old 04-17-2009, 10:02 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fireball
For those of you that debadged your trucks, I am assuming that all the emblems on the rear are just applied with tape and can be easily removed. I thought I read somewhere that some of the emblems have the two little pegs, so once removed would reveal 2 small holes on the tailgate.

Also, does anyone know if you can still get the black pearl Toyota logo emblems? I'd like to debadge everything but the front Toyota logo and the back Toyota logo and possibly "4 Runner" emblem.

If you do a parts search on this site for "black pearl" about 10 options come up, but not sure if any of them fit the 99 Runner: http://www.trdparts4u.com/search.aspx

Thanks!
Yes the emblems on the rear are held on w/ adhesive. However, the small toyota logo (near the wiper arm) does have 2 pegs in it. Most people who debadge the tailgate, just leave this emblem attached and remove the rest.

As far as the BP emblems go, only a few of the emblems are still offered for sale at the dealer (you'll have to call and find out as I don't remember anymore). Toyota discontinued the BP emblem kit (which contained all 7 emblems) over a year ago due to poor sales.

I was fortunate enough to pick up this kit 3 years ago for my 4Runner. Granted, I did not pay near what the kit retailed for (got the "friend" deal), but even if the kit was available today, it'd run you about $350. The front emblem alone retailed for $90. Hence the reason most people choose to paint their emblems black instead.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:07 PM

i debaged my (sold)taco and it was CLEAN!, need to do my runner. just been lazy!