Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Bull Bar For A Tacoma

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bull Bar For A Tacoma

ARB or TJM bull bars for a 2000 Tacoma? Anyone know how airbags factor in . I am leaning towards the TJM T15.
Any imput is greatley appreciated on the comparison of these two products!
Thanks.
Old 11-16-2004, 04:39 PM
Contributing Member

Try the search function at the top...you'll get a LOT of stuff!

Fink
Old 11-16-2004, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by 4x4Fink
Try the search function at the top...you'll get a LOT of stuff!

Fink

Thanks, I am new to this site if you couldnt tell!
Old 11-16-2004, 04:50 PM

I dont have any experience with either of them on a Tacoma, but you I do on Nissan Xterras. My dad has an Xterra, and we are involved in an Xterra Club, so thats how i know. I have a friend who has a TJM T-15 on his Xterra, and he was heading up to his parents house in Oregon one night a few years back, it was midnight, pitch black. He had his family with him, and was towing an Integra on a trailer. All the sudden, there was these big things in the road, so he hit the brakes, but the trailer started to fish-tail, so he just let off and coasted, and he hit it, went right over it. He pulled into a gas station shortly after, and there was a buy behind him that pulled in as well, and asked him "do you know what you hit?", so my friend said "i dont know, a big dog or somthing?", and the guy said "no, it was a full sized cow, there was 2 more off to the side of the road". The cow went under, and got messed up, the jaw bone was wedged into the wheel well of the trailer. He hit the cow at about 30mph btw. Anyways, the TJM survived, just got a little bent up, he had it straightened at a shop later that week, and he still has it to this day.

As for ARB, there are a decent amount of Xterras with them that i know, and they hold up really well. One of the guys who has an ARB Bullbar, was driving down a trail and there was a sharp turn ahead, and loose dirt. He was going too fast, and ended up going off the trail, at about 25mph, he rolled twice into a rock garden, and landed onm his wheels, so another truck winched him out of the rock garden, and limped the truck back to camp. (I was not there during the rollover, i was at camp, i saw it when it returned) The ARB held up really well, but was a little tweeked, it held up the front end of the truck, if it werent for the ARB, he wouldnt have been able to limp the truck back to camp most likely. He ended up leaving the ARB on the truck, which was totaled, but it was fixeable.

So yeah, i hope that helped some.
Old 11-16-2004, 07:11 PM

Oh man, a cow ! Thanks for putting both the products into action for me. I think I am going to go for the TJM, i like the lines better.