Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Billet Aluminum Pedals

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 02:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Billet Aluminum Pedals

I have custom billet pedals in two of my cars and have been looking for something for my 4Runner, but all the pedals I see look Mickey Mouse and just too Ricer for my taste. Does anyone have any experience with a really nice solid looking pedal design? I know this is all a matter of taste so take a look at the ones I have, they are really solid and industrial looking. I am very good friends with Mallory Billet Aluminum who makes this style for certain GM vehicles and would approach them to make some for us if I could get a large group together.
Attached Images  
Old 02-23-2004, 06:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mods:

Here's a pic of mine. At least they don't light up like some I have seen
Old 02-23-2004, 06:42 AM
Away

You're missing a pedal there, Paul...

G
Old 02-23-2004, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by pfdaxe
Mods:

Here's a pic of mine. At least they don't light up like some I have seen
Hey! They are see through peek-a-boo pedals --- sexy

I am going to Mallory on the 1st and will see if the pedals they made for my S10 will fit the 4Runner. The Mallory pedals are the nicest ones I have ever seen IMHO, but they don't have that other pedal Dr. Z thinks he needs.
Old 02-23-2004, 01:25 PM

pfdaxe, those are pretty good looking. How do they feel when your shoes are wet? I do a lot of stuff outdoors and I need petals and can trust when my shoes are wet. My stock pedals are falling apart and I looked at the import products (Cheap china crap) at Napa , they were all riced out.

Erich
Old 02-23-2004, 01:26 PM

I'm in dire need of new pedals.
Most aftermarket pedals are way to goofy for me. I haven't seen any that I turely like..... hmmmmm
Old 02-23-2004, 01:41 PM

Contact Jason B, he carries many different styles of pedals.
Old 02-23-2004, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Erich_870
pfdaxe, those are pretty good looking. How do they feel when your shoes are wet? I do a lot of stuff outdoors and I need petals and can trust when my shoes are wet. My stock pedals are falling apart and I looked at the import products (Cheap china crap) at Napa , they were all riced out.

Erich
How do they feel with wet feet? You won't slip off, at least I don't and I drive in all kinds of conditions. For me, they have been excellent and they are very substantial.

To respond to the next and last posts ...
Most pedals I have seen, be they MoMo or other foreign imports, could fall under the heading of GOOFY. But let me say this, if you are sporting a Honda 2000S or a hybrid Beemer some of them look very appropriate; however, in a 4Runner or other such truck, I like something that says RUGGGED loud and clear, something that goes with diamond plate armor plate.

I think I know what Jason can get and I would be really surprised if there is anything else like the Mallory pedals. I really do not care because I am going to go ahead and see what I can figure out for myself and if it works and anyone else is interested, that is fine.
Old 02-23-2004, 03:14 PM

Is there a need for diamond plate pedal covers? How about something more aggressive (industrial non-slip mezzanine decking can be had in some cool profiles and materials). I've got a new (to me) TIG setup that I'm itching to use...
Old 02-23-2004, 03:31 PM
CTB

Originally Posted by Cebby
Is there a need for diamond plate pedal covers? How about something more aggressive (industrial non-slip mezzanine decking can be had in some cool profiles and materials). I've got a new (to me) TIG setup that I'm itching to use...
Cebby, you got a TIG welder? Man, I'm so jealous. I would love to have one right now, but being in college, and without a garage, it isn't very feasible. Man, sometimes I just can't wait to be out on my own. Then, at other times, all these college girls change my mind!
Old 02-23-2004, 04:47 PM
Contributing Member

I've got the same pedals that pdfaxe has, and I'm pretty happy with them. I drilled holes in the stock pedals and bolted them in so they don't move about like others, and that's one reason I chose those. Most others don't even have that as an option, they are just clamps which don't hold well. The set does come with the dead pedal which looks nice and is another reason I chose them. Aside from being able to see the stock pedal through them, I've really got no complaints. If these Mallory pedals can be made for a decent price I would probably buy some of those.
Old 02-23-2004, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Toyota Punk
I've got the same pedals that pdfaxe has, and I'm pretty happy with them. I drilled holes in the stock pedals and bolted them in so they don't move about like others, and that's one reason I chose those. Most others don't even have that as an option, they are just clamps which don't hold well. The set does come with the dead pedal which looks nice and is another reason I chose them. Aside from being able to see the stock pedal through them, I've really got no complaints. If these Mallory pedals can be made for a decent price I would probably buy some of those.
Unfortunately, all the Mallory stuff is very dear $$$$
Old 03-04-2004, 08:38 AM

I picked up a set of billet pedals from MBA that were designed to fit my S10 truck. They will fit the metal pedal pads on the 4Runner, BUT some shaving of the pads is required. I do not want ruin my OE metal pads for this so I am going to pickup a donor set of levers for both the accelerator and auto brake, then I will shave them down and make the pedal pads a permanent installation. The levers look pretty easy to remove and from a salvage yard the parts should not be that expensive. We'll see. I will post pics when and if I ever get it done.