95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

4 Wheel Parts gets BUSTED!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 08:44 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 Wheel Parts gets BUSTED!!!

I read this on tacomaterritorycom.

Federal law, specifically the Communications Decency Act, 47 U.S.C.A §230,states that websites are immune from any liability for statements Authored by others.

The State Agency, “Bureau of Automotive Repair” has just completed their several month long “Fraud” investigation into the company known as 4 Wheel Parts Performance Centers, d.b.a. Transamerican Auto Parts Inc., d.b.a. TSI; resulting in the issuance of 19 violations.

This company operates 45 off-road stores nationwide, including but not limited to the selling of Factory Truck Warranties redeemable at all major nationwide dealerships along in being in the business of selling after-market parts & accessories on the internet and to dealerships nationwide.

However, there may be a serious conflict of interest issues with these warranties as 4WP mechanics are not GM/FORD/Daimler/Toyota/Nissan certified, nor retain the proper diagnostic equipment to give the complete required mechanical inspections, but they do anyway, and then sell these power-train warranties to be claimed at local dealerships.

In Addition, the title of 4WP’s, “No Questions Asked Tire Warranty” has also caught the interest of multiple Federal & State regulating agencies for being, “False & Misleading” to consumers for the fact that the warranty does ask questions and allows 4WP to reject warranty claims at anytime.

President Gregory W. Adler of has vehemently denied any wrong doing to date and has stated via the internet that, “The customer is number one at 4 Wheel Parts.”

However, his statement completely contradicts his companies Better Business Bureau “Company Report” of a Grade/Score
(D) and an (F) for his sister company, “Steel Horse Automotive.” A BBB Company Reliability Report on his companies can be obtained at www.bbb.org.

Furthermore, Mr. Gregory W. Adler's statement of, “The Customer is Number 1” is once again contradicted by the 19 Violations recently issued by the State Agency, “Bureau of Automotive Repair.”

This is just some of the following State Agencies final report violation subject matter below:

•Written False and Misleading Statements etc. Sections (17500 & 3370) BAR Laws & Regulations

•Failure to Provide Written and Revised Signed Estimates etc. (Bennett v Hays Act)

•Charging for Items Not Specifically Described etc.

•Installation of Non-Calibrated (Zero-Mile) Odometer, installed on factory leases.

•14 other violations were issued similar in nature

•Several severe crimes were committed; unfortunately no enforcement action was taken, due to the fact that there are no laws/regulations and/or introduced legislation for swift action to be taken.

•The State Investigator audited the annual “idler arm” sales records between a major dealership and 4 Wheel Parts. Service Manager stated (name withheld), “That after approximately (600) 1500 series idler arms were sold to 4 Wheel Parts, they began to return them for credit/exchange. Service Manager continued, “I know that you are not installing these parts on factory stock trucks, but installing them on trucks with larger wheels and tires that puts a huge strain/wear on these parts causing them to wear prematurely.

The service manager continued, “Not only am I going to stop crediting you these “idler arm” parts, I'm going to stop selling them to you altogether.” 4 Wheel Parts were purchasing factory stock parts and stating that they were Heavy Duty to handle the larger wheels and tires. The State Investigator elected to issue a violation in this matter.

Then the same service manager decided that it was a prudent choice to turn over several sensitive complaint documents to the 4 Wheel Parts Corporation. The dealership service manager, now in bed with 4 wheel parts made the improper effort to smear the reputation of the original complainant, when he was being interviewed by the State Investigator. The State Investigator elected to audit the annual sales records between 4 Wheel Parts and this dealership. This is just one of several audits that are expected to come in the near future. :B:

This 19 violation State Agency report has been brought to you at terrible cost and sacrifice. You may obtain a “Bureau of Automotive Repair Records Management/Subpoena Unit Form” explaining in detail how only your counsel may obtain this very important report at:

Consumer Affairs
Bureau of Automotive Repair (Main Office)
C/o 4 Wheel Parts Fraud Investigation
400 R Street, Suite 5200
Sacramento, CA 95814
(916)-322-3333

Please make the necessary contractual changes and/or cease to do business with such companies who seek to obtain huge profit gains at the terrible expense/losses to others and/or hard working business entities.

Companies who retain such lousy Unsatisfactory Performance Records with the Better Business Bureau should not even be considered as business candidates. He who plays in the dirt shall also get dirty as well.

(FTC) Federal Trade Commission
www.ftc.gov/

(IFCC) Internet Fraud Complaint Center
www.ifccfbi.gov/

(BAR) Bureau of Automotive Repair
www.dca.ca.gov/

(NHTSA) National Highway Traffic Highway Safety Adm.
www.nhtsa.dot.gov/

(Attorney General) Public Inquiry Unit
www.caag.state.ca.us

(EPA) Environmental Protection Agency (Spilling Oil & Antifreeze)
www.epa.gov/

(OSHA) Occupational Safety and Health Administration
www.osha.gov/

NEED TO FILE A COMPLAINT: www.eatoncounty.org/prosecutor/proslist.htm

(Actual Invoices & Documents That Incriminated 4 Wheel Parts)
www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff112163.htm
Old 08-04-2005, 09:15 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That will teach them to not torque my wheels so they dont fall off on I405
Old 08-04-2005, 09:24 AM

WOW. I never really liked them anyway. To expensive and kinda slow.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:27 AM
Contributing Member

4WheelFARTS.

But, wait I did buy some cheap shocks from them...
Old 08-04-2005, 09:55 AM

own3d!
Old 08-04-2005, 11:09 AM

as if I needed another reason not to buy from huge independent-business killing corporate retail-chain monsters.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:28 AM
Banned

i hate 4wp service and their sales reps... they know nothing... i do shop their, but i know what i am getting long before they try to sell me anything.....
Old 08-05-2005, 07:33 PM

That is exactly why I would never run an auto repair shop in CA. Freaking government nerds that have no idea about auto repair try to make every shop out to be bad guys. What a joke. Don't get me wrong, I am sure that 4wpts have done some things wrong, but the govt. pit bulls have no idea.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PistonSlap
That is exactly why I would never run an auto repair shop in CA. Freaking government nerds that have no idea about auto repair try to make every shop out to be bad guys. What a joke. Don't get me wrong, I am sure that 4wpts have done some things wrong, but the govt. pit bulls have no idea.

You need a lesson in 4WP's history, The things they where cited for are pretty lame compared to some of the Personal accounts I have heard and read.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:54 PM

Enough bashing 4wp. I've had excellent service and parts from them!!! The tires I purchased from them were at a great price... and their warranty is great too. They replaced my swamper no questions when I destroyed it. I'm glad to give them business!!!!

It's just too bad that people choose to nail companies like this. It seems that anything "off road" or what-not gets to be a target by media, law, and social criticism. We need to support those who support our recreation!!!!!!!!
Old 08-05-2005, 11:02 PM
Contributing Member

Well if you supporters did'nt notice, 4WP have ripped off and flat out lied to other customers. Is that supossed to be okay? Just because you had a good experience with them dont mean everyone else has.
Old 08-06-2005, 12:59 AM
Contributing Member

Hm... I guess I won't be shopping there anymore! hahaha
Old 08-06-2005, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by phorunninduke
You need a lesson in 4WP's history, The things they where cited for are pretty lame compared to some of the Personal accounts I have heard and read.
I know all about 4wp. I am not a fan, but at the same time I know a witch hunt when I see it. I am sure there are situations where people haven't got what they were expecting. There is no way that any company can set out to take advantage of their customers and stay in business let alone be successful.
Old 08-06-2005, 04:29 PM

ANy one can pick up the phone and call BAR or BBB and file a comlaint just becouse he or she didnt get what they wanted .I dont shop at 4wp... but ...Remember folks every story has 2 sides..,
"""""However, there may be a serious conflict of interest issues with these warranties as 4WP mechanics are not GM/FORD/Daimler/Toyota/Nissan certified, nor retain the proper diagnostic equipment to give the complete required mechanical inspections, but they do anyway, and then sell these power-train warranties to be claimed at local dealerships """"""""
And as far as selling warranty 's or honoring a aftermarket service contract or warranty you dont have to be a factory trained tech, but u must employ or have ASE certified technicians in your shop.
Old 08-07-2005, 07:12 AM

I have dealt with them online and in their Charlotte store.Would I buy parts from them again?yeah. Would I let touch my machines? He!! no.If you already know what parts you need for your desired mods,then 4wpw is a reasonable choice.No one touches my stuff unless they(the mechanic)is known to be reliable.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:21 AM
Del

Just as an example of how sleezy 4WP salesmen are...

When I first got my 4Runner, it sagged in the back. I was new to this, so I went to 4WP to see what they could do. My question was this:

"My 4Runner's sagging in the rear. Is there any sort of 2" rear lift you have?"

After searching through the computer, he comes back with some sort of Pro Comp FULL LIFT, that would have run around $2300 installed. Talk about an asshole. I'll never buy anything but tires from that place.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:47 AM

And people complain about not having access to suppliers or parts... No wonder the way you guys bash stuff. Sounds like the Pirate board.

Come on... The company made a mistake in a certain area, fine. That does not make all the stores bad. And I'm not alone in my thinking either. It's good for us to be aware of vender legal issues or what not, then you decide where to spend your money.

I've really appreciated all the great information this board has to offer... You guys are great.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by montypower
And people complain about not having access to suppliers or parts... No wonder the way you guys bash stuff. Sounds like the Pirate board.

Come on... The company made a mistake in a certain area, fine. That does not make all the stores bad. And I'm not alone in my thinking either. It's good for us to be aware of vender legal issues or what not, then you decide where to spend your money.

I've really appreciated all the great information this board has to offer... You guys are great.
well i've seen firsthand that they can't "beat any price" i went in with a price on tires. actually pro-comp tires.. (which don't they make them or something.??) and they couldnt beat a price that i had gotten at another shop down the street. they even called the shop to ask about it. then they told me " uh well we can't beat that" so i said " uh well then i guess you lost a sale"... also they are ridiculously overpriced. sometimes you can get a good deal when a new store opens but other than that they are quite pricey.. another thing was i went in to get some manual hubs for my ADD conversion and the guy tried to say that i had automatic hubs, then he didnt know what i was talking about when i explained that i had A.D.D..
Old 08-27-2007, 12:51 PM

The best Toyota parts aren't found at 4wheel parts but at great places like Trail Gear,Marlin Crawler,All-pro,Downey,and Sky Mfr.
4wp is for JEEPS!
Old 08-27-2007, 12:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Azusacanyonbogger
well i've seen firsthand that they can't "beat any price" i went in with a price on tires. actually pro-comp tires.. (which don't they make them or something.??) and they couldnt beat a price that i had gotten at another shop down the street. they even called the shop to ask about it. then they told me " uh well we can't beat that" so i said " uh well then i guess you lost a sale"... also they are ridiculously overpriced. sometimes you can get a good deal when a new store opens but other than that they are quite pricey.. another thing was i went in to get some manual hubs for my ADD conversion and the guy tried to say that i had automatic hubs, then he didnt know what i was talking about when i explained that i had A.D.D..
uhh hate to bust your bubble but ADD is auto hubs, or aka auto disconnecting diff.

oh and this is one old ass thread

Quick Reply: 4 Wheel Parts gets BUSTED!!!