Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

300+ Horsepower??

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2003, 06:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by keisur
he has no pics because it's all BS!
Shh, you'll scare him away. I want to IC mine and maybe he's figured out a good way to do it. He'll never show us pics if people are rude to him. Who knows maybe he reinvented the wheel. I'm still scratching my head about how he crammed a supra IC behind the bumper, I can barely fit a tranny cooler behind the grill.
Old 06-08-2003, 07:23 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Los Gatos?
Why would there be JDM parts for a Ford Mustang/Lightning? JDM = Japanese Domestic Market, and as far as I know, Mustangs aren't from Japan...Well, you're the one with those awesome Earthquake subs so......
Ey Los Gatos,
was just reading through this thread and did a search on google. such a JDM does exist for Fords hahaha. Here's the site. http://www.teamjdm.com/ yea too bad no pics tho. as Pfdaxe said, "Pics are worth thousands of words........" lolz
Pat
Old 06-08-2003, 08:02 PM

ding, ding, ding.

round two...

kill him

Old 06-08-2003, 09:35 PM

Either everything he said was fabricated and he is never coming back, or everyone scared him away by being so rude.

One or the other. Seems to me as the most obvious.
Old 06-08-2003, 09:49 PM

Later Fellas...

alright y'all-

First of all, i could honestly care less of your opinions and or ideals. I only posted a reply in response to another person posing a question asking if 300 hp is possible in a V-6 Tacoma. I gave you nothing but completely true and solid information, and if you missunderstood it or misinterpreted it...well, I guess that is your problem. Run a search on the net for JDM, go into other toyota forums and / or toyota tuners and they will speak of many 3.4L's that have been blown and intercooled or aftercooled. Many intercooler options are out there, I just happened to come across one that was easy to modify from a gen II turbo supra. Sooner or later you guys may realize my post was never intended to mock or diminish any one of you...but actually the exact opposite, to show you a route that I took to achieve 300+ at the rear wheels. My intelligence and knowledge of the subject was only thrown out to help, yeah help RALPHY??!! you dumb fu**. I have one picture of the truck right after I bought it, in complete stock form in may of 99' and never took another one of it. You say the vehicle doesn't exist...well if any of you ever get the chance to visit the Bremerton / Belfair area of WA state, just about anyone you ask could tell you about the vehicle. You could even find it on a daily basis as it sits about a 1/2 mile out of belfair at a landscaping yard on hwy 3. Again, the girl has since lifted it with coil-overs and rear spacers, and is running 33's. She removed the custom intake I designed after she got pulled over for having no passenger side blinker, and is no back to a stock air box with a TRD filter...or atleast this was the case the last time I checked. Sure, I would like to have some pictures of it, as it is probably one of the sweetest tacoma's to ever hit the road, but I guess it just didn't mean as much to me at the time. This was almost four years back now boys, and my interests have changed. I sold her and bought the Lightning new in April of 02', drove it down to Carpinteria, CA and had some work and tuning done at So-Cal Speed Shop on that one. Worked at an architectural firm and designed a house for Kevin Costner on Padaro Lane, as well as another residence for Bob Zemekis up on mountain drive above San Ysidro. Returned the Lightning back to stock form in March of 03' and sent the 3rd rod through the block about 500 miles later. One of you mentioned problems with those motors, and you are completely correct. Any 02' Lightinings with a build date between February and May have encountered the exact same problem, many of them blowing the exact same rod in complete stock form on a 3rd to 4th upshift @ around 90 mph. To make a long story short, for knew of the problem, and I had a new 03' block in within two weeks of the cracked 02'. It has since been corrected in all Lightnings and Harleys. I know all of this is completely irrelevant to most of you as toyota's are the only vehicles on the road in your minds. So, I bought a new V-8 4WD Runner and thought I had found a good board full of solid people and was just looking to share some info. I am in no way being vain or arragant in stating that I have a plethora of tuning experience, and enjoy helping any one I can. You wanted to know if 300 hp was possible and I told you it was and how I did it. What did I get in response???...some dumb ˟˟˟˟˟ firing back with nothing more than an ignorant reply of how he was going to tear apart my thread and make a fool of me. If that is how you all feel, fine. I couldn't give two shi*ts. I have no reason to fight and argue, as it is just plain not worth anyone's intelligent time. If that is your game, go for it. But don't expect any response from me...you'll just be talking to yourself. This could go forever...but it's not worth my time...the majority of you are not smart enough to realize my true intentions. So, when you see a galactic grey runner smoke the ˟˟˟˟ out of you in the fall with WA plates, well that is the best pic I could give you all. Good luck in keeping your forum what you want it to be...and make sure you don't allow anyone in with more knowledge than you...as it only makes you all insecure. You won't hear any more from me.

Anthony
Old 06-08-2003, 09:50 PM
Contributing Member

you came back
Old 06-08-2003, 10:02 PM

A few questions for MISTER EDDY:

First of all, I'd like to know why anyone with a rig as solid and fine as yours, so you claim, would sell it for a FORD LIGHTNING??

Secondly, you claim to have installed a SUPRA inter cooler on your supposed rig, but the obvious question still remains, how did you manage to this?

Here, on this very board, we have alot of knowledgeable people and find it quite hard to believe how anyone would be able to cramp that thing where it's suppose to go, when you can bearly fit something smaller.

Thirdly, you claim to come here to share some info on YOTA's, but do you realize that you did the exact opposite? In your first post, all you did was seemingly brag about your supposed accomplisments but never once did you detailed the mod.

Don't be so quick to catch feelings, because all you're doing is falling into your own trap.
Old 06-08-2003, 10:08 PM

Tony, Tony...Tony.

Not a good thing as a newbie to the forum saying "the majority" in your response. There are many knowledgable members, mechanics and Toyota techs on this forum. Have just alittle respect!

Also, I just think a few are alittle sceptical about your claims. People like to "view" such occurances. I'm always willing to give everyone and anyone the benefit of the doubt. I take plenty of pics of every vehicle I've owned and show my vehicles. I think people just wanted to see this super ride of yours. Maybe you can swing by the current owners and take some snaps and post 'em. That may settle the masses down. Maybe not.
Old 06-08-2003, 10:38 PM

Haha, now wanna hear the bad news? I'm from WA, and in fact only about 30 mins from you!! Even better, I'll be up there in November....I would be honored to see this beast. I will be driving back from the Sea Tac airport, so it would be no problem to stop by. I know you are full of it, you know you are full of it, and really thats how it is. You really should have done some more homework before you stated what you did. I don't doubt you had a Tacoma, and in fact, I'm willing to guess you know someone who has a Supra, or read about it. Thing is, no one would use a Supra IC for a Tacoma, simply because of the shape, they are much to thick, and a unit from Spearco or Apex'i would be much better...you also forgot to mention the major fuel modifications you would have also needed, maybe if you read up on Gadget's site you can learn about how to make a SC 3.4L reach its potential. I'm sorry if I pointed out your lack of knowledge to everyone, and hurt your teenage feelings, but it had to be done. I'm also a moderator on a streetracing board, so I actually do know/and have a lot of experience in modifying forced induction engines. My last car was a '94 Supra TT, which ran 11s,which I have many pics of. Before that a '94 Ecilpse awd that ran 11s, which I also have pics of. Timeslips?, yep got those too. You also don't seem to realize that to make a TRD blower use an I/C you would need a custom intake made (thats under the SC, not the filter) to accomadate this.

This board is extensively knowledgeable, and there are very few flames here, but you really don't want to come spout off about what you just read in a magazine, or what you have dreamed of as being truth, because you will be called on it. :pat:

Sorry King, just read your post, you are also very correct sir.

Oh ya, and btw you did confuse your own story a bit, first you claim you had earthquake amps to JLW7 Subs, fine, except then you come and say that it was earthquake subs, with Orion amps, well, I know earthquake don't produce the JLW7, as JL audio might have a problem with that so, really, besides the bogus HP numbers, you can't even keep your own fantasy straight.
Old 06-08-2003, 10:50 PM

PHXTRDRUNNER -- Don't forget to take a few snapshots of that beast when you head up to WA in NOV.

I know everyone is dying to see that monster!
Old 06-09-2003, 03:43 AM

Re: Later Fellas...

Originally posted by edwardvedder6971
alright y'all-

...She removed the custom intake I designed after she got pulled over for having no passenger side blinker, and is no back to a stock air box with a TRD filter...or atleast this was the case the last time I checked.

Anthony
Hey Anthony,
Not trying to flame you or anything, but here you mentioned a custom intake and the girl putting back the stock air box and TRD filter. But in another post, you said YOU left the air box stock with TRD filter. Here's the link and the quote:

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/show...9642#post99642

...I had a 99' Tacoma extended cab V-6 with pretty much all the TRD mods you have, except I left my intake box stock and just ran with a TRD filter.

Anthony

Last edited by Javin028; 06-09-2003 at 03:49 AM.
Old 06-09-2003, 04:06 AM

Hey, I'm officially a "Senior Member" now! Look above my avatar!
Old 06-09-2003, 04:40 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by FattyCBR
[B]I'm still scratching my head about how he crammed a supra IC behind the bumper[B]
me too. I could put a greyhound bus engine between my radiator and ac condensor, the only reason I haven't is because I can't find a donor bus.
Old 06-09-2003, 04:44 AM
Contributing Member

Re: Later Fellas...

the girl has since lifted it with coil-overs and rear spacers, and is running 33's. She removed the custom intake I designed after she got pulled over for having no passenger side blinker, and is no back to a stock air box with a TRD filter
I'm sure the truck is happier now that is being used or at least sporting around the way it was intended to.
Old 06-09-2003, 05:06 AM

edwardvedder6971

BOY you are so full of ˟˟˟˟ that it's pouring out of your ears!

I had my ECU reprogrammed by a place in Cali to run fairly lean under high octane fuel, and was able to push my boost pressure up to almost 11 lbs.

If you knew anything about S/Cing a 3.4 you would know that it runs lean. Most of us have fuel mods(injectors, SAFC, TMC, fuel pump, and etc) to reduce the lean condition which causes "PING". Reprogramming your ECU to run leaner and 11lbs of boost = meltdown!

The JDM powercooler was mounted behind the drivers seat and is used to keep the temps down as well. It is virtually a "box" that you plumb into your system...very effective. I actually used a Lightning spec cooler as I was more familiar with the model, and it was easily adaptable.
How come none of us has ever heard of this? What is the URL to the website? No one is going to believe you until you produce the pics. Why would you plumb an intercooler to the interior of your truck? This makes no sense!

Worked at an architectural firm and designed a house for Kevin Costner on Padaro Lane, as well as another residence for Bob Zemekis up on mountain drive above San Ysidro.
How is the relevant to anything? Who are you trying to impress?
Old 06-09-2003, 05:08 AM

This is the only intercooled 3.4 that I'm aware of and it's still being tested...

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/bsims34/ic.htm

I know it's ghetto. A member of TTORA posted it up after I posted the link to this thread on the board..
Old 06-09-2003, 05:15 AM

PhxTRDRunner

Please get some pics of the world's baddest Tacoma... Punch him in the mouth for us too...LOL
Old 06-09-2003, 06:33 AM

Mr. Vedder-

Even though you have no pics I'm sure people would start to believe you if you could even decribe how you managed to IC a 2nd gen SC.
Old 06-09-2003, 06:43 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by FattyCBR
Mr. Vedder-
Even though you have no pics I'm sure people would start to believe you if you could even decribe how you managed to IC a 2nd gen SC.
why don't you pm him fatty?
Old 06-09-2003, 07:03 AM

Fatty

He is full of poop! Don't you think someone over at TTORA would have heard about it by now? As much research as people have done on that board and this one as well, it's funny how no one has seen or done it yet...

Quick Reply: 300+ Horsepower??