86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

Subaru2.5rsti's 1uzfe 4runner BEAST!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 01:10 PM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
SICK! lol... And that Burgundy FJ is REALLY by far my first choice... Don't think I've ever seen that color on one... But really, on a 1st Gen? WOW, it'll be SUWEET! Best wishes on the rest, man... GREAT work!

PS> I missed out on a 94 SC400 with 82K miles(brought my charger and hooked it up... to read the mileage) that thing was SO CLEAN, .... but smashed in the rear, like yours. Pick-your-part prices.. But when I went to the first guy to say, 'I WANT THIS', he said, "already sold, sorry man" hehehehe. Oh well, some day. I got 150K or so to beat outta this SECOND 22RE I've done in 2 years within her! lol. LOVE this swap! RMA, Shaggy, .... lots have done it and done it well... And I can SMELL 'clean job' all over this, too!

Wiring is a nightmare, eh? RMA, I THINK, largely built his own harnesses for much of it. CRAZY, made me dizzy just looking at that wiring all spread out hahaha

Keep up the GREAT thread, man... Anxious!
Old 06-03-2012, 02:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I picked up a well maintained 97 LS400 for $600 with 100k on the clock for my Cressida 5spd swap.

What adapter plate are you going with for your transmission? I'm currently looking for a 2UZ swap for my 90 4Runner 5spd. We need more UZ powered 4Runners!!
Old 06-03-2012, 03:23 PM

Ehat happened to the updates??
Old 06-03-2012, 03:30 PM

hehehe... Maybe, like RMP8080 warned.... it FLEW AWAY into the upper atmosphere? lol.
Old 06-03-2012, 03:42 PM

popped a wheelie over the moon.
Old 06-03-2012, 04:02 PM

@ racerflea, sry ive been super busy, I had to help a freind out with his 05 nissan titan, he wore the brakes down so bad that the calipers pistons broke off and blew the caliper pretty much up, never ever seen that in my life, thats what happens when your a cheap ass. anyways, heres the updates i promised...

@chefyota, The sc400's arent that uncommon to find here in san diego, maybe i can find one for you and thanks for the compliments. the wiring harness is the worst ive ever seen doing an engine swap but not discouraging im working on it and if i get it right i will be replicating them and selling them pre-made no core chare either. also i will be selling a mount kit for the swap and a cooling kit and a/c kit so if you think this swap is daunting then i might be able to help you

@024runnerse, nice find, are you putting it in your cressida?
im using http://www.1uzfeswapkit.com/ adapter kit , Ive talked to him for a while and he knew what he was doing when he built this kit unlike other people out there.
what transmission will you be using the r154?
Old 06-03-2012, 05:38 PM

My swap has been done for a while now pictured in my last post. Picture was professionally taken at Toyotafest 2012 in Long Beach, CA. 1UZFEswapkit.com owner Brandon is a friend of mine who lives about 5 minutes from me. I'm using his W58 adapter plate on my 1UZ in my Cressida. I'm also using his adapter plate for my 2JZ R154 swap on my other Cressida and he'll be making me a plate for my 4Runner when I find a 2UZ to do a smog legal swap.

Trust me, after the UZ swap, your reaction will be just as good as mine, especially since you're coming from a very underpowered motor. I'll be doing a twin turbo setup on my 1UZ in my Cressida here soon and Brandon's doing a Supercharged hybrid 1UZ/2UZ setup on his Supra. Should be interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-v4n...&feature=g-upl
Old 06-03-2012, 06:09 PM

Very clean swap if i must say, did you perform an egr delete with your swap?
brandon has been really cool and ive been bugging him with questions and hes been nothing but nice, where exactly do you guys live, that video looks like it was antelope valley. I hope its as fast as I expect , if not theres always room for a supercharger
Old 06-03-2012, 06:25 PM

We live in Modesto, CA. My Cressida dyno'd 242whp and 271wtq with no modification to the actual engine itself. It's got 3 inch stainless steel exhaust and all the EGR crap is still on it because my intentions at first were to make it smog legal. I will be doing a MAFT Pro with 440 7MGTE injectors and a twin turbo setup to try to take it up to 350whp just for fun. 1UZ should handle 600whp stock but I'm not looking for anything crazy, I'm just doing this to an underdog engine that nobody "believes" in.

My 1UZ Cressida weighing in just over 3,500lbs kept up with my friend's very healthy 12psi boosted 1JZ Cressida. I've bounced off the rev limiter in 5th gear with brandon riding shotgun on a runway which was kind of fun haha but I'm sure with a slightly heavier rig like yours with massive wheels, it should bring things back to reality. Just ask him about Mo's V8 Cressida and he'll tell you about it. Also, ask him about Daft Innovations' 1UZ swap in his 90 Toyota Pickup. Brandon machined all the goodies to make the very first GM LSx engine management on a UZ.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:29 PM

Looking good so far!!
Old 06-03-2012, 07:04 PM

Heck, ...maybe I could just park it on your property and come down 2.5 hours every time I can until it's done? hahahahaa. JK... but wow, I didn't realize you were planning on doing kits, etc.... NICE! I know that RMA and others had mentioned a real PITA point of the AC? You figured a way around that?

I tell ya... For what I spent on this 22RE, TWICE IN TWO YEARS! hahahahaha... Yeah, I wish I'd have done this in the first place... it's the best of all worlds!

I am FARRRRRRR from caught up on my reading for this... But it's VERY much something I want to do.

Impressive work!(and attitude lol).... Like how you handle what looks like a nightmare unfolding, etc. ........... I'll drop off my rig in a couple weeks, K? HAHAHA. .....again, jk
Old 06-03-2012, 07:33 PM

@chefyota, your more than welcome to come by and work on your yota as long as you put my tools back Ive found a way around the a/c issue and im in the process of making lines idk if its going to work but well see.
Didnt take alot of reading, just planning and buying haha
im sure with the kits that I will be making everyone will have a 1uz in there 4runner not just me
Old 06-03-2012, 08:24 PM

You kidding? I wish I had one in mine right now! lol. I actually love my 22RE(shhhh, don't want to offend her.... I've never had one unleash a gremlinpalooza on my like this... wouldn't want to offendee! hahaha)....... Heck, I should be down in my Sisters Vacation Condo, in Oceanside, in the next few weeks.... I HOPE! lol... I will definitely at least give ya a PM to see if I can stop by and admire your work.

I hear ya on the 'just planning and buying'.... One can pretty much KNOW what one will need if they plan on doing this... and which rigs will need a lil more of this or that, according to year, etc..... The reading comes later, for "Ok, where's this dang thing go again???", right? hahaha.

Can't WAIT for more pics and .....video?
Old 06-03-2012, 08:27 PM

OH, yeah, meant to ask you.... What is this I've been hearing(IIRC).... "Have to get a 1UZ from a vehicle that is within 5 years of the production date of your own, in CALIF."... ????? I think the first I heard this was on RMA's thread but I also think it came up more often in the 'smog threads' I read and started.... Maybe it's 7 years? Maybe it's irrelevant in my year rig?/Yours? Just curious on that.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:57 PM

Ya i had a 22re in my 91 pickup 5spd 2wd and had her for less than 2 months and let a friend borrow it (in my mind i was thinking what could go wrong its a 22re!). came back with rod knock and a blown head gasket... long story short they ended up giving me money and i took a loss by selling the car as is so no more 22re's for me lol.
Ocean side is about 35 -40 minutes away from me if you want to make the drive im sure i could grill up some steaks and have some beer's waiting!
I really havent looked into the whole smog situation since i have people to illegaly pass me and taking it to italy for the next 3 years so no smog for me :O
Old 06-04-2012, 06:43 PM

Injectors came in from RC engineering, see update page for details.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:32 PM

Hey, RC is right up the street from me, not 6 blocks from my machinist, as well! lol. GREAT people there, man... seriously! I walked in there twice now with injectors and picked em up the next morning, both times

PS> Is there one in SD? Or are you talking about the one I am, in Torrance? Lol.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:31 PM

HAH thats awesome, ya RC has been nothing but professional and answered any questions I had. They only have one location which is in torrance

Side note, got the 4runner stripped partially , failed at taking the window out waiting till i get a razorblade lol.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:36 PM

I forgot to mention, what ever the vote choice is on friday is the end result. voting is final at 12:00 pm friday 08jun12
And to mention again whatever the vote decideds is what color i will be painting it.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:22 AM

Vote? Did I miss something? Are you painting your rig according to the Primary results from today? hahahaha.

NO, jk... But honest, are you having a 'what color should I paint my rig?' poll? Maybe I already commented on that.... Dayummm, I"m really overwhelmed lately! hahahah.

Quick Reply: Subaru2.5rsti's 1uzfe 4runner BEAST!!