86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

LifterCatcher's 1993 4Runner Build-Up Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 08:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mightymouse
highlux, didn't want to highjack his thread so i pm'd you about fishing. Anybody else wanna go pm me i'm always down for fishing.
No Hijack worries Post the details about fishing to more the merrier.

Chris
Old 10-03-2010, 06:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how's it going? i'm also fixing up a 93 white 4x4 sr5 4runner with 4.88s... I was thinking about Herculine/Rhino/whateva the floors and reinstalling CLEANED carpets over the top...thus avoiding most future rust issues but also having the conveniences of carpet.. about the only thing different about our rigs is mine is Automatic and I have a blue interior.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:42 PM

Is that a Crossbreed supertuck in that picture with the multi meter?
Old 10-04-2010, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Brhesson
how's it going? i'm also fixing up a 93 white 4x4 sr5 4runner with 4.88s... I was thinking about Herculine/Rhino/whateva the floors and reinstalling CLEANED carpets over the top...thus avoiding most future rust issues but also having the conveniences of carpet.. about the only thing different about our rigs is mine is Automatic and I have a blue interior.
Sounds like a plan, I don't really see any convenience in carpet and actually love not having it in the rig. Let me know if you have any questions when tackling the project just ask.

Originally Posted by spc mike
Is that a Crossbreed supertuck in that picture with the multi meter?
Good eye but it's a CompTac Minotaur I love it for CCW and makes the G23 disappear.

On a side note I drive by a auto shop everyday on the way to work and have noticed a red 4runner sitting in the lot for the past month. Today I decided to stop by and ask about the 4Runner. Well the guy that owns the shop is super cool and we talked about Toyota's for a good minute. As we where talking I noticed a Lexus LS400 on his lot with some front end damage.

I asked about it and he said he bought it about 6 months ago, as a fixer upper and then resell, but just like a lot of other projects he has not got around to it. It has about 90k on the ticker and he said it runs great. Well guess what.......... we chatted a little more and I am about to be the new owner of the Lexus I have been doing a ton of reading and research about the 1uz swap and I have really wanted to do this swap, but really do not have the space for a donor car to pull the engine from and other parts. The best part is that the shop that the car is sitting at is about a half mile from my house. So we are gonna pull the motor and he is gonna let me pick parts off of it while it sits in his yard. This is gonna ROCK!! Stay tuned! Pics to follow.
:wabbit2:

Last edited by LifterCatcher; 10-07-2010 at 09:25 AM.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:31 AM

It seems there are always a ton of ideas and projects I have in mind and why not add one more to the group. Currently bidding on a 3/4 Ton, 2 wheel, M101A1, cargo trailer, that is super clean and if I win I will turn it into a expedition camping trailer. Here are some pics of the trailer.

( it already has Jerry can mounts up front)

( Tires are brand new)

Last edited by LifterCatcher; 10-08-2010 at 05:47 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:35 AM

Hope to turn it into something like this.

Old 10-07-2010, 05:36 PM

ROCK ON!! I won the trailer super excited I won it for a whopping $280.00 gotta love that!

Chris R.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:40 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
so awesome! post pics of it when you get it. Envious to say the least.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:52 AM

Congrats dude thats awesome! cant wait to see some
Old 10-08-2010, 08:03 AM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
subscribed

any more work on the interior? and did you draw that 4rnr up? or did you get it from the warehouse?
Old 10-08-2010, 05:44 PM

so awesome! post pics of it when you get it. Envious to say the least.
Mouse,

If you want one let me know, Fort Riley is getting rid of a bunch of them. If you are serious send me a PM and we can talk about details Trust me I am gonna take a crap ton of pics. They are harder and harder to find in good condition let a long mint and Fort Riley seems to have a bunch of them that have never seen duty There is not one spec of rust on the trailer.

Originally Posted by graduatedpine
Congrats dude thats awesome! cant wait to see some
Thanks I am excited to get started for sure I plan to swap out the axle for a smaller and lighter one and swap out the springs for the axle with something a little softer. I bet I can sell the axle and wheels for more than I paid for the trailer. We shall see.......

Originally Posted by irab88
subscribed

any more work on the interior? and did you draw that 4rnr up? or did you get it from the warehouse?
The interior is about 95% complete, the Herculiner is complete and I have some other things in mind that I need to mock up. Right behind the 4wheel drive shifter where the center console stops I pan to build a rocker switch panel that will cover the open gap. I got the 4Runner from the warehouse but drew up the tire carrier and accessories on it.

I will also be installing three gauges under the CD player in the open den. However I like to be a little diffrent and was thinking about making a custom pod that will mount up by the sunroof switch kinda like this.

I like this idea to keep them out of sight from someone waling by my truck and looking in for something to steal. I was thinking to mold the gauge pod out of Kydex, I have used Kydex before to make some custom holsters and the stuff is super easy to work with and it very forgiving and cheap.

I plan on using GlowShift gauges, the price is right and they offer a ton of features that are pretty neat. When they first hit the market years ago the quality was not the best but they have made leaps and bounds on product quality.

The features that I really like is that the gauges have audible and visual warnings that you can preset.

Here is a short little video that show the features.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7X9Mdh6dZA

Tell me what you guys think

Chris R.

Last edited by LifterCatcher; 10-08-2010 at 05:48 PM.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:03 PM

Dang I almost forgot lol....... today I went on a little journey to Willard, Mo and picked up a set of 31x10.5 R12's for the Rig. Had my little 225's swapped with the 31's and man oh man it makes the rig 1000 times better.

I gotta say this entire Toyota community is awesome. When I was at SMORR a couple of weeks ago I got to meet an awesome group of people from the Ozark Cruisers (Land Cruiser group) after talking with Jim from the group about my plans for the 4Runner and how my first step needed to be tires he told me he had some 31's sitting in his shop he would make me a deal on.........SOLD!!!

so thanks 71fj40cruiser (IH8MUD handle) for the deal.

Chris

I
Old 10-08-2010, 06:25 PM

While doing some research for auto switch panels I found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iev6N31PeQs
Old 10-08-2010, 09:13 PM

I'm near Fayetteville, AR, and I don't know how far Fort Riley is, but I will buy one of those trailers through you....if you want....from your statements you're in Missouri right?
Old 10-08-2010, 09:32 PM

I'm near Fayetteville, AR, and I don't know how far Fort Riley is, but I will buy one of those trailers through you....if you want....from your statements you're in Missouri right?
Ya I am in Columbia, MO right smack in the middle of Missouri, about two hours from Kansas City. Fort Riley is about two hours west of Kansas City.

Chris
Old 10-08-2010, 10:11 PM

so can you get another trailer...pm me if you can and how much you want for handling...i could pick it up from you or in Fort Riley....sadly not in the 4runner as it's still not put all back together....and from the looks of your engine, i've routed one of the throttle cables wrong...lol...but i am very excited about the trailer conversion idea as i have been wanting to do the exact same thing and have been looking for a heavyduty short trailer. this army trailer looks AWESOME
Old 10-08-2010, 10:18 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
wow Chris you might have opened a big can of worms with the trailer huh? Be prepared for 1billion pm's about it. But seriously don't overextend yourself over it.
Old 10-09-2010, 08:24 AM

so can you get another trailer...pm me if you can and how much you want for handling...i could pick it up from you or in Fort Riley....sadly not in the 4runner as it's still not put all back together....and from the looks of your engine, i've routed one of the throttle cables wrong...lol...but i am very excited about the trailer conversion idea as i have been wanting to do the exact same thing and have been looking for a heavyduty short trailer. this army trailer looks AWESOME
Let me get this one home and then we can chat. Winning the auction is the easy part its all the paper work and waiting that follows that is a PITA

wow Chris you might have opened a big can of worms with the trailer huh? Be prepared for 1billion pm's about it. But seriously don't overextend yourself over it.
Thanks Mouse, don't worry I wont

Here is a quick shot of the rig with the 31's much much better. I gave her a quick wash it had around 2,000 miles worth of bugs and road grime.

Chris
Old 10-09-2010, 09:54 AM

dang your 4runner looks cherry. I thought mine was "Clean" but dang man. About the trailers, if you can give me the hookup, that's awesome....if not, no biggie....but man they look in amazing shape and at that price, WOW.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:54 AM

dang your 4runner looks cherry. I thought mine was "Clean" but dang man. About the trailers, if you can give me the hookup, that's awesome....if not, no biggie....but man they look in amazing shape and at that price, WOW.
Thanks man it has it spots and areas that need work for sure but its in great shape for a seventeen year old vehicle.

On the trailers I am always down to help out, this is the first DRMO / Goverment auction that I have done so we shall see what the process is and when I get mine home I will make sure to let you guys know what is needed to get you some trailers

Chris

Quick Reply: LifterCatcher's 1993 4Runner Build-Up Thread