86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

1UZFE into my 95 runner

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 04:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well i ordered a valve guide today. with some advice that RMA gave me i think i will try to install it by my self id shouldnt be very hard to do i just didnt really want to do it. but the fact that im also trying to buy a house i really shouldnt be throwing money around that i dont have to. so it should be here tuesday im thinking so fingers crossed i dont manage to bugger it up.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:52 AM

Yeah Shaggy, he's got the whole set. I'll ask him how much he wants for them tonight.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:09 PM

so i took the other head apart today. yay more issues. story of my life. to the right front intake cam jurnalul is all messed up. i made an attempt to fix it. i have had luck on doing it with subarus in the past but never this bad. im gonna run them anyways and do another set of heads later on. so i just want this thing to be on the road even if it is only for just a little bit i think it will be ok for a while. i hope haha.

Old 02-21-2011, 08:33 PM

i may be rushing it but whats the worst that could happen the cam locks brakes the belt and bends the valves. i need to do some new heads anyways and i like to have things to do and spend all my money on. so im not to worried.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:39 PM
RMA
Contributing Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
wow almost everythread i see where someone opens the engine up its never good .. ohh well what else can you do man .
Old 02-21-2011, 08:54 PM

Yeah. An the engine ran like it was so now it will be getting oil to that jurnalul now. It will just have a little extra clearance. So RMA those heads come with valves came an all? Maybe I can get a really good wide job an just do the heads sooner rather then later.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:57 PM

well i got one of the heads on today. no pictures though. will get some tomarrow befor work to post. also got the oil pump. sump and pan on. as well as the water pump. i got around to checking my mail today and got my throttle body that RMA sent me thank you again for that. i also ordered my bellhousing. and my valve guide should be here tomarrow so hopefully its the right size. if not o well it was 15 bucks. will post pictures tomarrow.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:45 AM
RBX

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts
Shag,
If i send you a full size engine wire schematic, would you write your notes on it, and send it back to me when you are finished? I proposed the same thing to RMA on his latest swap thread.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:48 PM

well the funds are running out real fast. so i am putting the guide in my self right now the head is in the oven getting it up to 200 dagrees and the guide is in the freezer. we will see how it goes. i need to try an get some side jobs lined up as now that is what is funding this crazy train. as i am finding out that buying my first house is somewhat expinsive haha go figure. so i may go past my dead line i set. but here is some picture updates.

and RBX yeah i will if you send it i will do my best with altering it.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:11 PM

well i got the guide in it looks good i just have to see if i buggered it up. so ill put the valve in tomarrow when i get to work and see. ill let you all know tomarrow.

Old 02-24-2011, 04:08 AM
RBX

OK, Shag, i am working on it.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:03 AM

well i checked with DHL's web site and got the tracking info for my bellhousing. its comeing from Thialand i would have thought it would come from one of the locations that ks has over here. hmmm well as long as i get it i guess.
and it dosent look like im gonna get anyone to buy my 3.0 so ill just put it in storage and pick up a runner or pickup with a blown motor down the road and turn an burn it.

Last edited by SHAGGY21; 02-25-2011 at 11:07 AM.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:11 PM

So i know this is a little off topic, but i don't really know where else to post (new here). I have a '96 t100 with the 5vzfe and auto tranny. It has a bad rear main seal and possibly another leak. I recently had a fire in the engine that melted the connectors on my injectors and melted the hose that leads up to the fuel rail. My mechanic told me that was going to cost me 300 in parts and 400 in labor. The motor not only has this problem, but i also have a misfire on one cylinder and for the life of me i can't figure it out. The truck has 260,000 miles without a single rebuild. 700 is a lot of money for a teenager...

So heres my question. With this many miles and this many problems, is it time to just go ahead and do what I dream of and put a V8 in the truck? I really don't want to drop a tonn of money, but if its worth it, i will. I'm looking at this lexus motor out of the ls400, but i think i'd really like put an iforce 4.7 in it. Any imput??? What all has to be done, how long is the process, and an idea of price range? Or just any suggestions for what to do?
Thanks.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:54 PM

well if your not wanting to spend a lot of money the 1uzfe may not be the way u wanna go. well depending on how cheep u get the motor for and if ur gonna do a auto or 5 speed. but if u want an auto ur gonna need a ls tranny to. as RMA said you can bolt the t-case off ur tranny to the back of the lexus tranny. but if you wanna go with a 5 speed u will need a bellsousing wich i just paied 440 for just the bellhousing. then i still need to work out the clutch then mounting. it may fit in ur engine bay better as the t100 is bigger. i think it will end up costing me around 3000 maby more. i need to put new heads on it though.
And as for the 4.7 it can be done it is just way more in cost I worked with a guy at Toyota who put one in his 98 tacoma. And there is another guy there who is putting one in his 60 series I think it is. It's the 80s body style. But he is having problems with wiring as the engine is from a tundra an the tranny is from a cruiser. Or the other way around. They won't talk to each other. That's another reason you should try an get a hole car so you know it runs and u have everything. Mine ran but it haze some problems if you have read through my thread. But stuff I'm willing to live with for the time being as I know I can work around it as long as I don't run it like a striped rapped ape. But if you do decide to do the swap I'm sure we will all be here for support and help.
You could always fix ur truck ur self from the sounds of it all u need is a engine harness and a fuel line. not that hard to do and at a yard parts are not that much. I paid 160 for dash harness and a cluster at yota jims here in denver.

Last edited by SHAGGY21; 02-25-2011 at 09:09 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:38 AM

Hahahahaha yay I got my bell housing today I'm as giddy as a school girl. I will post some pictures tonight. And I will be pulling the runner on Saturday then the real turn starts I can't freakin wait.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:27 AM
RBX

How is the quality?
Old 02-28-2011, 08:29 AM

Pretty good. It has a crack in it under the slave mounting point. But it is no big deal think its just a casting defect.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:13 PM

No cracks on mine. I would say the product is good but communication from the seller is bad.
The slave mounting point is way to tall. Well on mine it was. They sell the BH to fit the R-series transmission so i guess the clutch fork dosent have the same lenght on every tranny. By making it too long, buyer can cut it the lenght he wants.

I did cut about 3/4 on mine and its still about 1/8 too tall

My slave is a bit sweety. I will change it soon and remove that extra 1/8 meat.

Im strongly suggesting to mount your clutch fork, cut mounting point a desired place, drill deeper and retread for longer bolts. (i lost both bolts on the road, so a working clutch to)
Also, i suggest to do it before installing engine/trans in truck. That will save you swearing words
Old 03-01-2011, 03:06 AM
RBX

any reason you decided on the bellhousing and not use the Auto BH and adapter plate with a hydrolic throw-out like this?
Old 03-01-2011, 04:04 AM

Lets do some quik math
BH for 500$ vs Hydro bearing 200$, adapter plate 200$ and more trouble...I voted for the simple BH @ 500$. Plus, if i get a sweaty slave/bearing,(like my upper picture) i don't get to remove the trans to repair it. Looking at the long term, changing a hydro trow out@200$ vs a normal release bearing and slave 40-50$. Plus, lol. If i can sell the ''complete'' lexus auto trans for lets say, 200$, the BH will just cost 300$. Thats my point of view.

Oh yeah, the adapter plate will result to a shorter input shaft. More trouble again

Last edited by 4.0 Pickup; 03-01-2011 at 04:08 AM.

Quick Reply: 1UZFE into my 95 runner