Notices
The Classifieds GraveYard Where old classifieds threads go that are too good to let go

Toyota Rock Crawler 4 sale

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 01:06 PM
2d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toyota Rock Crawler 4 sale

Bought a new rig, need to sell something to pay for it.

We bought this vehicle from some guy in Colorado off eBay.
We added 5-Points, Roll cage with suicide doors, upgraded carb, CB, hydraulic steering.

This is the original description(from ebay).

Vehicle Description OK HERE IT IS! MY TOY HAS TO GO I HATE TO SEE THIS ABSOLUTELY AWESOME MACHINE GO!, BUT FINANCIAL TROUBLES ARE FORCING ME TO SELL!
Considering buyng an ATV?, QUAD? Look here, you can buy this machine for LESS $$ than an ATV, AND HAVE A LOT MORE FUN WITH IT!
You are bidding on a COMPLETE HYBRID 1985 Toyota SR5 Pickup Truck / ROCK CRAWLING MACHINE!!!
Engine: Engine is a Chevrolet 350 C.I. V8 Crate Engine(less than 15 hours of run time, cant go by mileage, as it is all offroad/rock trail time) It has 9.0-1 Compression, It is not a hyped up engine, very moderate, WORKS GREAT FOR THE TRAILS!, it has a Holley Street Dominator Intake, and Holley Truck Avenger Carb(works AWESOME! even on high inclines, or off camber area's) Accel Super Stock plug wires. This is one of the best sounding 350's I have ever heard!, runs very smooth, no vibrations, and has a moderate deep sounding exhaust! NO SMOKING, OR LEAKS WHATSOEVER! Truck can sit for months, and you go out and pump the gas pedal one time, and it immediatly fires up! It has a Dual exhaust with mufflers(no catalytic converters) the mufflers are directly under the cab. It also has a NEW BIG 3-row radiator!
The Transmission is a 4 speed with the non synchronized 1st gear granny low out of a 69 chevy 3/4 ton truck(rebuilt, no bad synchro's), it is mated to a NP205 Transfer case(THE GOOD ALL-GEAR CASE BULLETPROOF!-NOT A FULL TIME CASE!!)
The Front axle is a Dana 44(leaf srpung) out of a fullsize truck, it has CTM U-Joints, Warn Hardened shafts, and WARN PREMIUM HUBS!(all front drive train has LIFETIME WARRANTY THROUGH 4 WHEEL PARTS!) It also has 4.56 gearing, and the front is locked(spooled) With all the aftermarker parts that were added to this front axle, it is JUST AS STRONG AS A STOCK DANA 60!
The Rear axle is a 9" out of a Ford Van(2" wider than all other full size axles!), COMPLETELY CUSTOM FABRICATED 4 LINK SUSPENSION IN REAR! it had custom fabbed coilover rear suspension, I just had a friend convert it back to conventional coils, because I drive this to some local trails here in Colorado, and the truck would want to stay sideways out of corners, meow it sits straight at all times. The 9" has a detroit locker, and 4.56 gears as well! To my knowledge the axles are 31 spline.
The Tires are Super Swamper 38.5x16x15 TSL's(these tires have only 1! trail run on them, BASICALLY BRAND NEW TIRES! All the wheels are just standard black steel crawler wheels, with a 5 on 5 1/2 bolt pattern.
This is one AWESOME CHEVOTA TRUCK! TURNS HEADS! AN AWESOME TRAIL/ROCK CRAWLER! Need the $$$ for bills, so this has to go!
The body is not show quality, a couple minor dents on the quarters(replaceable), no dents on cab! the whole body is black(rattle can), I was going to have the whole body color rhino lined, or LINE X 'ed, it has a partial roll bar / Exoskeleton that protects the back of the cab, that goes back to the back of the rear frame, and comes around underneath the doors(rock sliders) If it was going to keep it, I was going to finish the cage to come around the front of the cab, and go up across the front clip, and tie into the front stinger, it has a very nicely fabbed front stinger/bumper/winch mount(no winch included) You can see a hole cut in the driver's front quarter, that was from the previous owner, he was going to do a snorkel on it, but I never completed that, as I was never planning on going through any water.
BOBBED FRAME
The Steering Gearbox is out of an older F-350(HUGE), it was professionally mounted. it also has a unique(unbreakable) Clutch linkage fabrication.
NEW battery!
RANCHO RS-9000 5-WAY ADJUSTABLE SHOCKS ALL AROUND!
This rig has a very unique fabricated rear storage box, it is at the bottom of the back of the cab(the bottom of the rear cab is cut out), and the extra cargo space/box is added where it is cut out ...that is where the battery is mounted. AWESOME FOR CARRYING CAMPING GEAR, ETC!
meow for all that I know that needs to be done with this rig is:
1-The Tie Rod hit a rock, and hits the diff cover, just needs to be bent back.
2-On my last trail run, I got the rear driveshaft too close to a rock, and it put a small dent it in, and a circular scrape on it when it was spinning, that dont necessarily need to be replaced, I drove it home, but I could feel a small amount of vibration in it.
3-If the vehicle were to be driven on the road at all, it will need the turn signals wired up, as they are not, and tires balanced.
That is all that I can think of that really needs work!

It does however have all headlights(bright/dim), brake lights, and tail lights functioning. It also has all the cab lights too(dash etc) This truck did have factory A/C, but that is non functional, the heater vent works great, the fuel level gauge works, it has auxilary Tach, oil pressure, voltage, and engine temp gauges--ALL WORK, the speedo is not hooked up. I have no real way of telling the mileage on this truck, I am the 3rd owner since 1985.
The good thing about this truck is that does have a CLEAR title, and for insurance purposes, it is a 4 cylinder! It is good for about 50 mph, sometimes take it down to get some ice cream locally, and get LOTS of looks! I will definately miss it! It is DEFINATELY NOT a highway vehicle, the wheels are not balanced, and with the steering issue, I would highly recommend picking up this vehicle with a flatbed trailer. The Frame is a stock 1985 Truck frame, and it id VERY straight! THE TOYOTA FRAME'S ARE FULL FRAMES(not the c-frame style), SO THEY ARE VERY SOLID!
This truck DOES AWESOME WITH ARTICULATION! The rear will flex out fully, and the tire will hit the frame, or it would flex more, the rear frame could be cut, and moved in, but I cant see why you would want it to flex anymore than it already does! THE FRONT DOES AWESOME AS WELL EVEN WITH THE LEAF SPRINGS! I WAS VERY IMPRESSED WITH THIS CAPABILITIES OF THIS RIG!
The Cab did have a sunroof, but the previous owner took it out because it leaked, and welded a piece of sheetmetal over it, but it could be removed if desired.
WAY TOO MUCH $$$ INVESTED, JUST WANT TO RECOUP A LITTLE OF MY INVESTMENT!
All the work was done by friends, who have done this sort of work for years, so everything IS SOLID!, motor mounts are professionally made, and very sturdy, as well as the transmission crossmember, etc. VERY SOLID MACHINE!

The Truck in located in Kankakee, IL
Asking $7,500

You can find pics on my page

http://secure.therdigroup.com/PDFS/DMA/JEEP/index.htm
Old 04-18-2006, 01:09 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I knew i recognized those concrete slabs from somewhere...The Badlands!!!

Here is a bump for ya...