Tires & Wheels Anything about tires and wheels

Tire Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 05:35 PM
YotaTech Milestone-Two Millionth Post

Received 122 Likes on 57 Posts
yeah,definitely looks it on that left rear , thanks.......i'll give it a try with the 10.5's on the 15x7 rims....see if i have the coverage i need.....being that i have 2 sets of 10.5's already, why spend money?
Old 08-03-2009, 11:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
92 TOY
that sucks, you should just move to South Carolina where not only would your tire's sticking out be legal but you'd be called a dirty little word know as "normal". Oh and the weather is a helluva lot nicer.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:24 AM

jacumja.....yeah but what about my snow-blower? And I do love driving in the snow too......driving my truck for the last 18 years i've never gotten stuck in the snow and my fondest memeory is helping pull a full size blazer with 35's on it back onto the road after he skidded down an embankment.....hahaha with my little truck.....ahhhh memories!!!
but for now i'm here.
the little tires my truck came with 18 years ago are back on (look like brand new) as well as my original steel wheels that came with the truck too (now painted black because i thought if i have to look wimpy, i'm gonna at least have some black wheels)
between my truck and my son's 88 4runner we did a little wheel swap test and found that my American Racing rims 15x8 had a pretty substantial offset and his SR5 15x7's with 31x10.5-15's fit perfectly tucked in with ample clearance for turning on my truck.....so the intention is to put 31's on my newly painted 15x7 original rims.

oh yeah.....if i moved to NC, what would i do with my metal grinder, sand paper collection,body patches,undercoating and bondo.....if i won't be fixing body rot every few years......would miss that!!!! lol
Old 08-10-2009, 11:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm on the coast baby I got tons of rust for you to fix, you obviously didn't look at my trucks undercarriage in the pics.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:57 AM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by 92 TOY
jacumja.....yeah but what about my snow-blower? And I do love driving in the snow too......driving my truck for the last 18 years i've never gotten stuck in the snow and my fondest memeory is helping pull a full size blazer with 35's on it back onto the road after he skidded down an embankment.....hahaha with my little truck.....ahhhh memories!!!
My favorite snow pull was about 15 years ago...I had a 67 Toronado that monster had a HO 425 and she ran!!! I was heading up a back road one morning heading to my girls house and there was a Z71 stuck in a ditch. We had a bunch of snow the night before and it was a little icy as well. Nothing too terrible though. So I stopped and asked if they needed a hand and the guy (mid 30's) laughed!!! So I said hook it up and I'll do it. Well I got that chain tight and I just tromped on it and that old girl lit those tires up and out popped the truck. Maked the 2 guys jump and the driver almost pooped. 3 of the neightboring houses emptied at the sound of that 425 opening up wiht dual straight pipes and burnt out glass packs (not exactly a quiet ride).

For those of you who don't know what these look like.

Old 08-11-2009, 04:29 PM

nice car.......

yeah, y'know that guy still owes me a case of beer. SOB!

one of my most embarrassing momemts was once when i went to my mother's house, the snow had been plowed but not to the curbs, so i just pulled my truck in, right side in the snow........she didn't budge...had to pull me out with my mother's car, the passenger's wheel just kept spinning and driver's side stayed still.

back in about 1994, we had a friggin blizzard with about 30'' of snow, and i was at work (at a hospital)and the national guard was giving people rides to work because the roads were mostly undriveable.........and i just would motor along in my truck, no problem.

i just know all these guys from these warm states would have ablast driving in the snow........maybe for winter they could all come up our way, eh Lumpy?
Old 08-11-2009, 05:38 PM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by 92 TOY
nice car.......

back in about 1994, we had a friggin blizzard with about 30'' of snow, and i was at work (at a hospital)and the national guard was giving people rides to work because the roads were mostly undriveable.........and i just would motor along in my truck, no problem.

i just know all these guys from these warm states would have ablast driving in the snow........maybe for winter they could all come up our way, eh Lumpy?
That is the only car I miss, only 42K on her when I got her. That's not mine though but the same year. Mine was light blue...

I remember that snow!!! I actually drove that car in it!!! I was heading to the same girls house the day after the snow...I dug the car out and headed up the road. I did real well until I turned up her friends road. I was the first car on it and the snow was pushing up the hood and off to the sides of the windshield. She did well until I stopped and she sank. Took me an hour and half to get out and moving again.

It would be fun to watch the southern folks deal with a winter...and roads!!!