Tires & Wheels Anything about tires and wheels

Hankook RF10's

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 01:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hankook RF10's

Went to Discount Tire and pulled the trigger on a set of these in LT285/70/17. The sales person said he had a set of them and loved them, also all the reviews I have read have been good. Problem is they're load range E and I'm a little worried they're gonna be too much. Sales person said they wouldn't be bad, but I'm not sure? I haven't mounted them yet cause I'm kicking around the idea of taking them back for something less stout. Anyone have any input on this tire, or E-rated tires on their 4runners?
Old 03-29-2009, 02:00 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wootman
Went to Discount Tire and pulled the trigger on a set of these in LT285/70/17. The sales person said he had a set of them and loved them, also all the reviews I have read have been good. Problem is they're load range E and I'm a little worried they're gonna be too much. Sales person said they wouldn't be bad, but I'm not sure? I haven't mounted them yet cause I'm kicking around the idea of taking them back for something less stout. Anyone have any input on this tire, or E-rated tires on their 4runners?
Those tires suck in mud, and rock too..
Old 04-02-2009, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, decided to try and switch these for something else. Problem is in 285/70/17 my options are limited. Its between the BFG a/t's or the REVO's. BFG's are D rated, but I can get the REVO's in P or D rated. Is it worth it to drop from the E rating to the D, or should I just go with the P rated REVO's. No towing, and light to med off road stuff. Help a brother out!!