Solid Axle Swaps, All Years Anything SAS related

3 link front and rear ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3 link front and rear ?

Hey guys im not to familar with 3linking. Ive built a 4link zuk front and rear..
I was wondering if there is any advantage to 3 linking??? I will do some crawling with the truck but seeing as how im in florida if ill mostly be dd driving and mudding. I will make some travels to nc we were have property and mess around but nothing to crazy.. Can u 3 link the front? and how would it ride going down the road.
http://www.mooreparts.com/store/prod...X-980-99-035A/
I purched 4 of them this morning.. before i has king coils but im going to give these fox air shocks a go... im not sure on the valving for the front were all the weight is but i put a comment in the checkout thing what i was using them for and # so they could call me..

Please guys any info could be great. i know i could leaf spring it and it would be easier but i like to be unique i guess and have something people look and and go damn what a nice job he's really got some time into that thing..

Thanks
Tyler
Old 06-26-2009, 03:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
man that must have been stuff up front on that zuk, how'd you cram that much stuff under it for the 4link.

3link up front is perfectly great, my buddy is running a 3link with panhard up front with a 4 link in the rear.

I am going to run a radius arm set up and a 4link with panhard in the rear when i swap.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:38 PM

A three link will handle exactly the same as a 4 link, except there is no panhard rod to control side to side movement of the axle in a four link because there is enough separation angle between them to center the axle housing w/ upper and lower links.

I just finished a 3link front w/ panhard and a four link rear w/ no panhard rod on a Runner
If your looking for a DD, 14" of travel is a little excessive for height unless you can stuff those coilovers really far up in the fender well to keep the ride height down.

I'm running 12" travel F-O-A coilovers up front and the truck prolly sits about 2-3" over stock height in the front and has 3" compression and 9" down travel, and will be my DD, for now.

Design, Design and Design again, Good luck.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:46 PM
Contributing Member

Why on earth would go through all the complications of a linked rig for a DD? Linking involves about 50 times more fabrication and math than a leaf sprung rig. Granted coilovers ride better but thats still alot of work and money for a pavement pounder.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by UKMyers
Why on earth would go through all the complications of a linked rig for a DD? Linking involves about 50 times more fabrication and math than a leaf sprung rig. Granted coilovers ride better but thats still alot of work and money for a pavement pounder.
I see your point, but now all I have to do to this rig is change the oil and put gas in it until I buy a new DD. Then the rig will probably be turned into a TRD supercharged truggy when I have a tow rig for it. Spend money once and work on it until you sell it or die, imho.