Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

Co4rj - 2008

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 11:53 AM
Contributing Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Red_Chili
Got approval from the boss (the work kind).
Now for the other boss
Great Bill, look forward to meeting you and Red Chili.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got approval from the boss (the work kind).
Now for the other boss
Good to hear, should be fun! Have you explored the Fourmile area? If so, any decent bigger campsites for the Jambo?

Originally Posted by AxleIke
I'm in dudes.

Looks like a blast.
Glad to have you aboard Should be a good showing of 1st gen 4Runners
Old 05-27-2008, 04:59 AM

There's tons of spots for dispersed camping in the area. You might check with the Salida Ranger District and the BLM office just to run it past them and ask for suggestions on camp areas.

Oh, and put it to them this way: "A bunch of friends and I are planning to get together later this summer and wondered where a good group campsite would be?" You don't want to create the impression this is an organized event (collecting fees, part of an organization, etc. or they will handle it differently).

I think you will find them extremely helpful.
Old 05-27-2008, 06:23 AM
Contributing Member

I was happy at Chalk Creek campground myself.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:49 PM

There's tons of spots for dispersed camping in the area. You might check with the Salida Ranger District and the BLM office just to run it past them and ask for suggestions on camp areas.

Oh, and put it to them this way: "A bunch of friends and I are planning to get together later this summer and wondered where a good group campsite would be?" You don't want to create the impression this is an organized event (collecting fees, part of an organization, etc. or they will handle it differently).

I think you will find them extremely helpful.
Thanks, I will give them a call!

Originally Posted by mt_goat
I was happy at Chalk Creek campground myself.
I don't really feel like collecting $$$ for the group site, setting up a paypal account, having people bail at the last minute and getting suck with a big portion of the site. Plus, I'd like to be able to stay up later than some of the Chalk Creek campers next to the group site.
Old 05-28-2008, 03:30 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Volcom

I don't really feel like collecting $$$ for the group site, setting up a paypal account, having people bail at the last minute...
I'll volunter to do all that if there is any interest for the group site.

The group site rates are $8/person/night if there are 8 or more people interested.

Link to site:
http://www.chalkcreek-campground.com/

Last edited by mt_goat; 05-28-2008 at 05:12 AM.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:01 AM

Hasn't been much activity on this thread for a while just thought I'd let some of y'all know that I'm headed up there this weekend to scout it out and see what our options are. if anyone wants to meet up that'd be super neat mmm K I haven't been able to get much done on the campsite end of things so if any of you want me to check out some spots let me know (GPS coordinates would be great) and I'll drive by it. I was hoping to look for a place where about 15 trucks/tents could get together in one big camp. We have a rafting trip planned for that sat for half a day, if any of you are interested let me know.

Thanks.
Kevin
Old 06-19-2008, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by poorboyota26
Hasn't been much activity on this thread for a while just thought I'd let some of y'all know that I'm headed up there this weekend to scout it out and see what our options are. if anyone wants to meet up that'd be super neat mmm K I haven't been able to get much done on the campsite end of things so if any of you want me to check out some spots let me know (GPS coordinates would be great) and I'll drive by it. I was hoping to look for a place where about 15 trucks/tents could get together in one big camp. We have a rafting trip planned for that sat for half a day, if any of you are interested let me know.

Thanks.
Kevin
Thanks for the PM on Rockfrogs. I replied to you regarding checking out some campsites!! Thanks again
Old 06-19-2008, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by mt_goat
I'll volunter to do all that if there is any interest for the group site.

The group site rates are $8/person/night if there are 8 or more people interested.

Link to site:
http://www.chalkcreek-campground.com/
I honestly don't want to stay at a pay campsite (I like to explore new areas and stay at new places). But if you and anybody else wants to, that's perfectly fine with me. We'll just have to have a meeting spot in the mornings before the trail runs.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:36 PM

Volcom: want to meet up there this weekend and find a spot to I am deff. heading up so if want to join. I will be in my stock 4 Runner though so I don't think that I'll be able to keep up with 40's but I could watch with envy and make my 4 Runner jealous.

If anyone is interested in joining us over at COTTORA here is the details I've got so far.

http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum...42#post1284542
Old 06-20-2008, 06:25 AM

Volcom: want to meet up there this weekend and find a spot to
I'd love to join you this weekend but I'm busy trying to get my backyard landscaped. It's going to take me all summer and probably all next summer
Old 06-23-2008, 02:02 AM

too bad We had a great time though! Got lots of info on some different things.

There is PLENTY of camping if you get there in time. there are some spots at the end of 305 where the seasonal gate is, that would be great for a group of 5-7 trucks each. there are also some BIG spots off of 315 that could accomodate 15 trucks and campers. There is only one Fire pit per site though so bring lanterns and cook stoves. I'll PM ya some more info and you can decide what would be best.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:25 AM

too bad We had a great time though! Got lots of info on some different things.

There is PLENTY of camping if you get there in time. there are some spots at the end of 305 where the seasonal gate is, that would be great for a group of 5-7 trucks each. there are also some BIG spots off of 315 that could accomodate 15 trucks and campers. There is only one Fire pit per site though so bring lanterns and cook stoves. I'll PM ya some more info and you can decide what would be best.
Thanks for checking it out this weekend!! I say we shoot for one of the big spots off of 315 that way we don't cut ourselves short on space. I think having one firepit is fine and if everyone brings or collects some firewood, we should be good for a nice fire.

I saw your pictures on TTORA, they looked great. Should be a fine place to camp. I plan on getting there late Thursday night as well. Cubuff4Runner will probably roll in late that night as well.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:31 AM

I should be passing through BV for a night on my way out to CB and Ouray on the 2nd. I think we're going to camp in Brown's Creek. Maybe I'll stop by and say hi.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by Jacket
I should be passing through BV for a night on my way out to CB and Ouray on the 2nd. I think we're going to camp in Brown's Creek. Maybe I'll stop by and say hi.
For sure!!! I'll try to figure out a way to post our exact campsite location once we get there.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:07 AM

My possible trail run list
Friday - Holy Cross
Friday Night - Ironchest
Saturday - BV Carnage
Sunday - Chinamans

That's a pretty killer weekend of trails

I figure that people can group up with others that want to run the trails around BV the night before or the morning of.

In years past, people had to sign up for trails and there were specific trail leaders. I don't think we need to set all that up this year. It's going to be pretty chill in terms of who's running what and when.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:50 PM

Here's a list of possible trails for the Jambo!

Trails around the BV area
Boulder Mountain
BV Carnage
Chinaman Gulch
Grizzly Lake
Holy Cross
Iron Chest
Minesweeper
Mount Antero
Mount Princeton
Tincup Pass
Wheeler Lake
Old 06-23-2008, 03:14 PM
Contributing Member

I'm going to pass on Carnage, does anyone want to run something easier with me that day?
Old 06-23-2008, 08:00 PM
tc
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You could join the COTTORA folks rafting on Saturday morning...
Old 06-23-2008, 08:22 PM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I may run Grizzly instead on Saturday.

No way you are getting me near a raft.

Quick Reply: Co4rj - 2008