Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

any Ohio offroaders??

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 04:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by slider_buck
where's badlands at? you guys need to get down to richland come spring time. absolutely the best place around. if you want to take it easy you can. if you want to get hard core you can.
I've wheeled the furnace and Stone Quarry and hate the mud. But will certainly run with ya' there again if you want to hook up.

Badlands is in Attica, Indiana. Groomed ORV park privately owned and operated by Troy and his family. Camp at Summers Carroll and drive over to the park.

It's awesome. Dunes, Rock Quary, Trails, Water, you name it.
Old 02-03-2005, 07:55 AM

what is Stone Quarry like? i've heard of ti but i haven't been there. from what i have heard it is worse than richland furnace and that there is alot of rocks there. is it on the other side of mcarthur?
Old 02-03-2005, 08:05 AM

what is Stone Quarry like? i've heard of ti but i haven't been there. from what i have heard it is worse than richland furnace and that there is alot of rocks there. is it on the other side of mcarthur?

Quarry is tuff, cause the mud holes will swallow most trucks. 13 miles out, 13 miles back but I've heard the "outlet" is back open so you can just run it one way.

Rule of thumb is minimum 33s rear locker and a winch for Quarry.

I'll show it to you sometime this summer.
Old 02-04-2005, 08:55 AM

i've been wanting to hit it up sometime but it's about 30 minutes away for me. i have 35's on mine with a lock-right locker in the rear so hopefully i'll be alright there. when ever warm weather comes around i'll get out there i guess.
Old 02-04-2005, 09:53 AM

i've been wanting to hit it up sometime but it's about 30 minutes away for me. i have 35's on mine with a lock-right locker in the rear so hopefully i'll be alright there. when ever warm weather comes around i'll get out there i guess.
You'll be fine there then. I've ran it about a dozen times in the last 4 years and have seen all sorts of rigs out there, some breezing thru it, some spending the weekend.

We should hook up with the Ohio TrailRiders in the spring, they do a run there every year and it's open to new members/interested folk.

I'll go with you anytime though.
Old 02-04-2005, 08:59 PM

sounds like a plan. where are the ohio trailriders from?
Old 02-06-2005, 04:36 AM

sounds like a plan. where are the ohio trailriders from?
I believe the guys that founded it are from the Heath/Newark area but it's a state wide club welcome to anyone that adheres to there rules (simple and safe rules) and is willing to coff up 25 stones a year.

I'm joining this year just to show support and they do alot for keeping the trails we do have in Ohio open.

For instance, Quarry Road is a township road (legal, just not maintained with any county funds for more than 12 years) it splits the MEAD paper company's pine forest in half. MEAD likes the 4wheelers there cause we tend to keep the road passable over the years so they can get there machines in and harvest without having to maintain a road.

All the legal wheeling spots in Ohio are abandoned twp roads. Ohio Trailriders work with the groups that make the decisions to keep them open and help maintain them.

Good club.
Old 02-07-2005, 02:21 PM
DMG

I am not from Ohio but I went to Wellsville, OH recently and it was awesome. ~1000 acres and miles of trails. It is in eastern Ohio.