Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

any Ohio offroaders??

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 06:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any Ohio offroaders??

I'm looking for anyone in Ohio to go offroading with. Only one of my buddies likes to do it, but he got a DUI. Go figure. I live in Ashland, directly in the middle of Cleveland and Columbus. Also, I wouldn't mind joining a club. Any info is much appreciated.
Old 09-10-2004, 06:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4x4Lamm, from Canton here.

My friends and I go wheeling at least twice a month. Mostly local places we have the inroads and OKs for. A few trips to places like Ohio Power and such.

Go to the Summit Truckshow at Tallmadge tomorow (Sat). I'll be there.

Send a PM if you want and i'll get you my cell phone number.

Erie, PA has a lot of off-road clubs too ya know.

Lamm
Old 09-10-2004, 07:14 PM

don't know if I can make it to the truck show, will be replacing rotors tomorrow and probably starting to fab up a flatbed. You can PM me with your cell number though and I'll gladly go wheeling with you and your buddies anytime. Ever hear of ohio4x4.com? A guy I work with used to work for Ohio Edison, he talks about Ohio Power all the time. Says it's awesome down there.
Old 09-22-2004, 10:07 AM

ohio offroad?

I am very interested to hook up with anyone around central/ southeast ohio. I have been offroading for awhile, but unfortunately the trails I run have all ben shut down. Send me an email or pm me for my cell. I am very interested in finding some fellow yota owners to wheel with. I don't have any trails to share yet, but I am trying to find some down here in southeast ohio.
-Chad
Old 09-25-2004, 06:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm in Cincinnati.
Old 09-25-2004, 01:07 PM

Seems like everyone is from northern ohio, or extreme southern ohio on this board! I can't find anyone around central ohio that does and local trail riding. There must not be any trails around these parts! Well I go to school down around Athens so if you are aware of any trails/clubs let me know.
Old 12-13-2004, 06:37 AM

you guys need to come down to the chillicothe area. there is a place out by ray that is called richland furnace. its awsome. nice trails and plenty of mud holes to play in. you have to watch which ones you go in because some of them will swallow your truck.
Old 12-14-2004, 07:50 AM

i live in wess central ohio. wheel at haspin acres sometimes (southern Indiana) with guys from Mick's offroad, group of guys about an hour away from me. i'm trying to start an offroad club, but the interest doesn't seem to be here, most guys with lifted trucks won't off-road them (around here at least) it's a shame
Old 12-19-2004, 05:43 AM

i found a group of guys up the road who all have samis that are lifted. they go back in on richland all the time. they stopped by yesterday to get me to go with them but i had to work.
Old 12-20-2004, 08:31 PM
Contributing Member

I'm in the dayton area. My trucks still bone stock suspension-wise, but I'm working on some stuff. Would be intersted in checking out some mellow trails when i get it together-don't wanna go too hard since I'm just starting out and more importantly, cause its my daily driver.
Old 12-21-2004, 08:39 PM

down my way richland furnace is about the only place to go to. you should try to make it down here sometime and check it out. its well worth it. the last time i was in there some people from columbus was there.
Old 12-21-2004, 08:44 PM
Contributing Member

S.E Indiana here usually wheel at a place called haspen acres, also have been to the badlands in attica, In.....but very long drive!!!! anyone close email me
Old 01-21-2005, 01:52 AM

I'm in Ashland, Ohio. Right in the middle of Cleveland and Columbus. Where is Richland Furnace? Sounds sweet.
Old 01-21-2005, 06:04 AM

its down by ray which is about 25 minuts east of chillicothe. do you know where richmondale or londonderry is? its pretty close to them. we went there this past sunday and spent about 7 hours there. we didn't even get to cover all of it in that time period. its really the only place around here to go. people are going to blow it for us though. they just keep leaving trash and crap everywhere.
Old 01-22-2005, 04:57 AM

no idea how to get there. If I had general directions I could find it and would gladly come.
Old 01-22-2005, 06:09 AM

do you know where chillicothe is at? if you can get there all you have to do is take rt. 50 east to londonderry. when you go through londonderry you will turn on 327 which is about 3 miles outside of londonderry, it will be on the right hand side. once on 327 you'll go about 8 miles or so. you'll go through a little town called ray. after that pay attention for a rail road track. at the tracks you'll turn left. this road will lead right into it. let me know if you really want to go sometime and i'll give you my number an we can head out there some weekend.
Old 01-22-2005, 07:16 AM

sweet. Sounds awesome. Is it like a strip mine or is it trails, or both? Do I need a winch and are 33's big enough? Also, I'm IFS, hope that doesn't kill me.
Old 01-22-2005, 07:57 AM

its just some old county roads that got turned into all this. off of the county roads is all kinds of places to go. there are some places where you do need a winch but i have one on my truck if needed. 33's will be good enough to play in there. there is all kinds of people going in there with street tires. they don't get very far but they try.
Old 02-02-2005, 11:57 AM

I'm in Central Ohio Area. Bounce back and forth between north of Dayton and the Columbus Area.

Another buddy of mine (wheelin') are lookin' for some other yota's to hook up with. Thinking Badlands first weekend in May
Old 02-02-2005, 09:05 PM

where's badlands at? you guys need to get down to richland come spring time. absolutely the best place around. if you want to take it easy you can. if you want to get hard core you can.

Quick Reply: any Ohio offroaders??