Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

2nd Ladies Jamboree 7-07

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 05:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2nd Ladies Jamboree 7-07

trail run cancelled at this time

Last edited by Yotahedgie; 05-30-2007 at 03:55 PM.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:25 PM
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Let's sticky this one. It's for a good cause.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:42 PM
Contributing Member

Well ya know I will be there. I would prefer the 20th since that leaves me 2 weeks to fix my rig (If I break it) for TTORA Takeover in Famrington Can we do an easy and then maybe a harder run?? I'll lead! Weeeeeeee!
Old 01-09-2007, 05:46 PM

both runs work for me. Guess it will depend on how many ladies show up. Come on girls, I know there's more than 2 of us out there. I know there are a couple who just had babies...........maybe you will need a couple of days break and let daddy take care of baby?????????????
Old 01-09-2007, 06:12 PM
Contributing Member

Received 469 Likes on 313 Posts
I wish I wish I wish!
Old 01-09-2007, 06:52 PM
Contributing Member

Are we the only two Yotatech chicks in Colorado???? What?!?!
Old 02-13-2007, 12:17 PM

I'll make sure Anna sees this thread.

If I had to make a few suggestions for a better turnout ...
1) Make it closer to the frontrange.
2) Make it a Ladies DRIVE event but all welcome - so us guys could still come and ride shotgun - give moral support, instruction, spotting, etc.. Might be a few ladies who would come if they could have their dudes come with them. And might be more guys willing to let their wives drive their trucks if they got to ride along as well.

Or maybe not.

Or maybe my ideas could just be a whole different event alltogether. Just make it a 1 day thing.

John

Last edited by Mojo_Risin; 02-13-2007 at 12:27 PM.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:29 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Mojo_Risin
I'll make sure Anna sees this thread.

If I had to make a few suggestions for a better turnout ...
1) Make it closer to the frontrange.
2) Make it a Ladies DRIVE event but all welcome - so us guys could still come and ride shotgun - give moral support, instruction, spotting, etc.. Might be a few ladies who would come if they could have their dudes come with them. And might be more guys willing to let their wives drive their trucks if they got to ride along as well.

Or maybe not.

Or maybe my ideas could just be a whole different event alltogether. Just make it a 1 day thing.

John
I second what John said. Though I love my wife dearly, there is no way in Hades that she's taking my truck 4-wheeling. Especially since she has no experience. However, if I could ride shotgun and on an easy trail, I think that'd be fun.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:21 PM
Contributing Member

I might even convince my wife come up and drive a day if I was there to help her with gears, lockers, etc.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:40 PM
Ric
Banned - User requested

heres my thoughts,
as most of the ladies either, dont do the wheeling, or do very little of it, IMO something more on the easy side, or even senic, would be better, and keeping it a yotatech thing, would be best. keep it small and personal. so the less experianced ladies wont feel uncomfortable..
but them are just my thoughts, as I know how Edie feels, and what she would prefer.
but please dont make any changes on our account. I dont push her to wheel, she will do it when she wants and feels comfortable with it, she has drove a little on a few trails.
We was talking about this, and she feels that Yankee Hill would be a great trail for those that dont have much seat time.
Good job getting this going Darci
Old 02-13-2007, 07:43 PM

Hey Darc & Yotatech ladies!!!

This sounds like a fun time. Yes, some of us are new mommies but always looking for some fun!

I think that there were a few good points brought up...

Closer to the front range is definitely a consideration. I know that a three hour road trip isn't too fun by yourself but mostly it may be easier for those of us that can't do an entire weekend trip to be a little closer to home.

(I don't think John and I (and Leyni) would be able to drive to and from Buena Vista twice within a month's time because of our busy schedules. (CO4RJ in August)).

I like the idea of the boys being welcome. Not that most of us couldn't handle the trucks and the trails because I know we could, but alot of us don't have as much solo driving experience as we would like. If you other ladies are like me... the truck is really my hubby's baby. I would feel better with him there if I decided to conquer some sick obstacle! HA HA HA

Maybe if the guys came along, the ladies could still do hot springs, wine and a chic flick while the guys and kids hang elsewhere.

I will definitely keep an eye on this thread to see what you decide. If I can't make it for the weekend (night) trip maybe we can plan a women's driving day trip as well. It would help us all get a little more practice as well.

Anna
Old 02-14-2007, 05:14 PM

Thank you everyone for all your suggestions. I didn't realize most of you did not have that much driving time under your belts. We had a great time last year without the guys but I'm open to the boys coming along as long as they behave . If there is a general concensus that a day trip is best I will look at some trails to take. Those who want to spend the weekend would be welcome of course. I really like Tincup. It's a fairly easy trail with just enough to get ya a little used to trail driving.
:bigclap: Let me know what ya all think and we'll go from there. Also let me know what dates work best for you.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:10 PM
Contributing Member

Well if it means more ladies would come I am open to the boys comign for sure! I am also open to it happening whereever - it seems we might gets some pees from out fo state so BV might still be viable. Remember (guy's of YT) There would be some VERY expereinced ladies there - who can fix almsot any trail carnage - and spot and train as good as the best YT spotter guys - But if your truck is your baby - and your lady has never driven it - then I totally understand your want/wish to come along...
Old 02-14-2007, 07:16 PM
Ric
Banned - User requested

Lysmachia,
so whos coming in from out of state ?

Yotahedgie,
and is a date set yet ?

Last edited by Ric; 02-14-2007 at 07:18 PM.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:29 PM

Date and trail is not firmed up yet because there has been so much snow and not sure what trails will be open.Will look more into that in a month or so. But, was thinking first part or so of July so it's not quite so close to Jamboree.
I do want this to be a YOTATECH thing. No drinking before or on the trail. Once you get off the trail have at it.
I would like trail to be scenic with some obstacles for practice. I don't want any ladies to be intimidated, therefore not wanting to come out.
I would like ladies to drive and guys to coach. It's such a good idea for significant others to feel comfortable driving in case something happens to the gentleman drivers.
Since there are ladies who haven't driven or very little, lets make this more of a social gathering with a possible dinner afterwards at a pizza place or something
Feed back is always welcome and encouraged. Let's have a great time and teach some of us ladies the tricks of the trade.:bigclap:
Thanks for everyone's input and I hope these ideas are amicable for everyone who wants to be involved.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:35 PM
Ric
Banned - User requested

I know that Edie wants to make it, we have to check sheduale and see about when the boys will be here.
I would like ladies to drive and guys to coach. It's such a good idea for significant others to feel comfortable driving in case something happens to the gentleman drivers.
I want to enjoy the senery as well, not that i get tired of "wheeling" I just would like to look around, and take pics,

a possible dinner afterwards at a pizza place or something
sounds like a great idea.
Old 02-17-2007, 06:56 AM
Ric
Banned - User requested

yes , i know them and they are very good people, I wish they would come over here, lol, but I think Yotahedgie wants to keep this a Yotatech gig,
I do want this to be a YOTATECH thing
which i can see her point, (i agree) try to keep it a "low key" thing. i may be out od line or off base here, if so im sorry.
Old 02-17-2007, 08:12 AM
tc
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
For a day trip, what about Spring Creek, then stop in Idaho Springs after...

Isaac - same thing with me on TTORA and CO4x4. Not much tech info, but that's where the rides/social stuff are at. Get them to come with us once and if they like the people (and who wouldn't LOL) they can just keep tabs on the "Off Road Trip Planning" and "past Events" forums...
Old 02-17-2007, 10:26 AM

Well before you all go deciding things for Yotahedgie - maybe we should let her answer the questions posed to her.

john
Old 02-17-2007, 03:58 PM
Ric
Banned - User requested

not really, Rising Sun has thier events, TTORA has thier stuff, Mud, Im sure has thier own things, Co4x4 has thier own event also, why can yotatech have our own thing ?

Im on yotatech for a reason, I like the crowd here..

Last edited by Ric; 02-18-2007 at 07:21 PM.

Quick Reply: 2nd Ladies Jamboree 7-07