Notices
Buying & Selling Advice - Feeler/Gauging Interest This general forum is for those seeking information about buying, model features/differences, pricing to sell, and related advice

Fair price for main parts? (97' 4Runner)

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 01:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fair price for main parts? (97' 4Runner)

Greetings Fellas,
1st post. I need advice on what are fair prices are to part out the major components of a 97' 4Runner SR5 (factory stock)

A lady I go to church with just rolled her prized ride. She drove a 97 4Runner SR5. It was in amazingly good shape. I had done the maintenance on it for her for the last year. She hit ice on a mountainous back road, the rear end stepped out, she counter steered and it rolled. No front or rear impact. The lady walked away scot free. She was not wearing her seat belt and ended up in the very back.

Anyway There's 230,000 miles on the 6cyl engine, Automatic tranny and t-case. -nothing leaks oil- What are the drive line components worth? She doesn't have much money and needs to part this out for fair value.

I have driven the truck on several occasions. Ran fine shifted fine the 4x4 works perfect. Engine was strong- etc.

The front axle components are fine- and I believe the rear axle is okay- but one of the rear axle link/trial arms got bent. I did not crawl under it yet to make sure the axle housing itself is fine.

Anyway, I'm trying to help a single Christian lady friend from church recover as best she can from this event.

If anybody here could give me some ideas on fair parts prices I'd be grateful.

Tres

Nativemant@yahoo.com
Old 01-24-2011, 11:20 PM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Red face

What ever the local market will bring price wise.You don`t say where you live!!!! someone local might offer to buy the whole vehicle

Pictures would also help!!

Things like the color of the interior.

it is easier to part out and ship the little pieces.

The thing is any of the heavy items shipping will kill any price you might put on said item. Heavy things need to go out Truck freight if you have a business and forklift or dock it is not bad If not you take it to them secured to a pallet or installed in a crate to prevent movement. Then you also have the hassle on the other end as well.

I have parted out vehicles in the past it is a very slow process

Will you provide all the labor for free to pull this apart . Your best bet is to try Ebay or Craigs list

If it was me I would sell the whole thing the way it sits . Thing is unless someone needs parts in a bad way. Most often they want them for free or next to it .

No doubt no collision on a vehicle that old if she was trying to save money

Good luck

Last edited by wyoming9; 01-24-2011 at 11:27 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-29-2011, 04:25 AM

The truck is in E. Tn.

Color is Light blue on gray.

Thanks!
Old 01-29-2011, 04:41 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What part of E. TN? I live in Knoxville, and would be willing to help on weekends to part it. I really have no need for the vehicle, just offering labor help.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:23 AM

Thanks!

I'm in Knoxville too. She's back and forth between here & greeneville.

She bought her a 98 4runner now. I'm trying to tell her to keep the rolled 97 for a parts truck. The driveline was going strong with not a drop of fluid coming out of anywhere.