Notices
Buying & Selling Advice - Feeler/Gauging Interest This general forum is for those seeking information about buying, model features/differences, pricing to sell, and related advice

4Runner Purchase "Negotiations"

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4Runner Purchase "Negotiations"

I may soon be joining the ranks of this forum...

My story, for what it's worth:
I currently have an 07 Tacoma Dbl Cab Off-Road with only 30k miles. I know, right! (I have a company pickup and drive the Tacoma maybe twice a week, sadly). When I want to take it into the woods I worry too much about it.

Anyway, I'm sick of babying it and I have 4Runner fever. I miss the Subaru Outback I had before with 212k on it that got treated like a rented mule. I want a 4Runner that will receive (almost) the same treatment. Of course it will also get a little lift and see some off road time. So, the Taco's up for sale and the search is on for a 3rd gen 4Runner.

Enough of that BS.
My question is: What should I use as ammo for getting a good deal from a seller? I don't want to go to a dealership as I just despise the thought, sorry. There are several nice ones for sale with private owners that I'll be checking out this week.
I mean what kind of techniques do you more experienced toy-buyers use when trying to score a deal?

I'm looking for stuff like "well, with this mileage this is gonna be costing me this much and blah blah blah"

Thanks so much for all the info this place has provided, I've been losing sleep thinking about my new 4Runner to be and how much fun this is going to be. Sorry being so long-winded, by the way.

Last edited by eager4diesel; 05-03-2011 at 03:11 PM.