4ROC This forum is for the discussion of a world wide 4Runner Club with separate chapters for each state

How do we join????

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2002, 03:22 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How do we join????

I know I am a newbie but I would love to join. Being in the military stationed in Germany there are not alot of Runners (or Hilux Surfs)over here. So how do you join and what is the final decision on the sticker? I love Dreads idea. Just my $.02
Old 12-17-2002, 06:27 AM
Contributing Member

you have to send some bils and downey coils my way..then you can join.. nothing has really be decided yet. everyonce and a while someone stirs this topic up..but then it setttles back down. dreads is cool...but i agree with the person who said it should be move like the 4runner fonts intead of the TRD font.
Old 12-17-2002, 12:39 PM

*stir* *stir*
Hmm, this seems to be a lost cause, unless we can get some determination up and make it happen. Metal, would you post a poll or something under the main 4Runners page about who wants to join and all, and ask people for time donations so that we might have online chat meetings about what step to take in order to get this moving. btw, what is you AOL Sn?
Old 12-17-2002, 09:22 PM
Contributing Member

Pro..metal22lica is my aol name..i have aim. from what i have gathered everyone on the board that drives a 4runner wants to join. hmm...a lot of people on the board are very very busy people. i would love to see this thing get going..but i dont have any ideas on what else to do.
Old 12-19-2002, 09:51 AM
Contributing Member

noob

hey I'm a noob here but I'm proud of it!

anyway just got myself the new 03 4runners.... yeah i've heard it all but u know what, alll n all it's a 4runner and it can be modded so it's all good.... (i'm just happy i got the v8!)

i think for this 4roc to succeed, we gotta first make a logo/sticker and start using em.( i read the thread on dread's work....) i say that one rocks! really, i've also read that some of the members want to use the 4runner font (is there one?) we should just settle on 1 logo and go from there. If we can get a mass produced sticker and sell them to the members (ofcourse at face value - no markups....) then we can start publicizing the group and go from there.

By reading alot on this board, looks like we have quite a few members already wanting this to work. So we should just go ahead and set the logo up and start forming this group on a permanent basis. setting up the chats will come in time as we can determine how many members will be actively participating in the fun stuff....

just my 2 cents (or 3 should I say)
Old 12-19-2002, 10:34 AM
Contributing Member

hmm..lets search for Dreads sticker..

but some one suggested the 4Runner 4R instead of the TRD R:

i think that would be cool on Dreads sticker..but i love Dreads the way it is. we also have another problem..click on the face... :mad: i think our main problem is finding someone to make the stickers. same way with the yotatech sticks so i kinda just made my own..

well i look back at this post and its a lot of nothing on nothing..but maybe someone will take the time to read it and it will stir it up even more.

maybe we could get a sticker as big as Coreys ARB sticker..

Last edited by metal22lica; 12-19-2002 at 10:55 AM.
Old 12-19-2002, 12:35 PM
Contributing Member

Finding someone to make the stickers will not be that hard to deal with. There are alot of members with connections so looking for someone to make it should be fairly easy.

As for the 4roc.com domain... I did a quick search and found some info:

created on 2001-04-02
expires on 2003-04-02
owned by Phillip Egleston of Valencia CA

So long as he doesn't renew the domain i think it's a free for all. (if someone can chime in on this to verify). So we can wait until april I guess.

are we pretty much set on the "4roc" or is that still up in air? Or we can use a diff logo / domain idea too.. just asking....
Old 12-19-2002, 03:36 PM

4ROC, 4Runner Owners Club, is permanent name.

As for the 4RUNNER font, its the font used on the emblems of the first, second, and third generation 4Runner. However, for some unapparent reason, Toyota changed it as well as many other "cool" features the older models had when making the 4th Gen.

I like Gene's design, but I say we cut out the "WWW.4ROC.COM" and the "4RUNNER OWNERS CLUB" text and leave it only with 4ROC. Maybe we could use "4ROC.COM" in it but not with bordered text and smaller font or have the ".com" be lowercase.
Old 12-19-2002, 03:45 PM
Contributing Member

well if we're gonna go w/ the 4roc.com then somehow we'll gonna have to either buy the domain from that guy or just wait it out and then try to own it ourselves...

as for the emblems i did notice that too.... sux for me cuz i have the 4th and it's all block letters now :mad: ...

so in end, what's it gonna take to get this 4roc group to start? (besides the obvious making the stickers and distributing it out part.)
Old 12-19-2002, 10:30 PM
Contributing Member

hmm...thanks Gene for the new sticker..but i think if we take out the WWW.4ROC.COM and the 4RUNNER OWNERS CLUB text people wont know what it is. i think we need to have at least one of those...and i think it should be the 4RUNNER OWNERS CLUB that we keep if we do get rid of only one. as for what else to get it to start..i guess we will have to set up state chapters and all that good stuff. im not really sure. maybe Rob or Gene can chime in and help us out since they are both members of TTORA.
Old 12-20-2002, 06:28 AM
Contributing Member

Take a look at http://www.tacomaterritory.com/ and see how simple it would be. The foundation that is. Executing on the details will be a bit harder. YotaTech will be key in making it happen.
Old 12-20-2002, 10:38 AM
Contributing Member

Dread, the logo looks nice!

I've been reading alot on the ttora site/forums and i think we should be able to do something similar.

But I think we have to start small. I don't think we'll be able to setup a local state chapter so quickly since we really need to find out how many members will join n stuff. Figure if we can get a pretty good head count and just go from there.

Since most of the yota members do stick together, I don't think we'll have problems growing quickly. I might know someone that can make some of the stickers for us (I'd have to ask and find out how much it'll cost tho). If we can get a initial head count of who's interested in getting the stickers I can find out how much it'll cost. (a rough estimate like 100/200 or so)

After we start distributing the stickers out we'll be able to see who's who on the road and go from there.
Old 12-20-2002, 10:45 AM
Contributing Member

hmm...so there wont be any copyright problems with the 4ROC logo?
Old 12-20-2002, 11:02 AM
Contributing Member

copyright?

since dread created then so long as he gives permission I think it's okay.
unless i'm missing something here...
Old 12-20-2002, 12:08 PM
Contributing Member

copyright infringements using that style since its the TRD style. i was reading the other post and it said that TTORA uses the TRD R so i guess there wont be any problems.
Old 12-20-2002, 03:08 PM

Just another suggestion if you're looking for something different.

-Travis
Attached Thumbnails How do we join????-4roc.jpg  
Old 01-01-2003, 03:29 AM
Contributing Member

Exclamation

If we want the domains 4roc.org and 4roc.net are available. Just a thought. I know people were waiting for the 4roc.com to become available.
Old 01-13-2003, 01:10 AM
Banned

If 4roc.com is taken there is always 4roc.org; 4roc.net; 4roc.toy etc. right?

I haven't read this board for a while. I'm catching up. Oh jeez, look at the time.
Old 01-14-2003, 11:26 PM

I am very new to this board but have been on others for a bit... would love to join a 4Runner club.. tired of the TLCA stuff being soley Land Cruisers in there magazine and stuff when they are supposed to be all inclusive for toyotas now. Count me on the list of poeple to join and email me with anything I can do to help.. webbuff@hotmail.com
Old 01-27-2003, 08:37 PM

I'm down for joining the club!!

Quick Reply: How do we join????