New England New England Chapter

10th Annual Northeast Takeover!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 10:32 AM

Received 301 Likes on 207 Posts
10th Annual Northeast Takeover!!

Anyone going to this?

Northeast Takeover!

July 26 - 29, 2012 - at Rausch Creek Off Road Park.

There's trails for every skill level, from mild to wild. First timers welcome!

This event's focus is Toyota 4x4s, but all makes are welcome.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few things for those of you who have never been to Rausch,

First, please go here and read over their rules, rig requirements and such:

http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/

Please make sure your rig is prepared for the park, please don't show up in some jalopy that holds up the rest of the group while you nurse your broken junk down the trail 100 feet at a time..

It's a good idea to have a CB so you can communicate with the rest of the people in your group. A decent setup can be had for under 100 bucks from any truck-stop.

A fire extinguisher is a requirement, if you plan to run, then bring one along, or you will find yourself sitting in camp. Imagine being deep inside the park when your truck catches fire, and all you can do is step back and watch it burn...go buy a 10 dollar fire extinguisher from wal-mart, or home depot.

For some reason it likes to rain on our little shin-dig every year, so don't forget rain-gear, boots, and lots of spare clothes.

Bring food for camp of course, but also bring food to eat on the trail, each day around noon, we'll stop somewhere within the park for lunch. Sandwiches, hogies, that type of thing.

Meeting time/place:

We'll meet each morning at the Rausch Creek parking lot @8:00-8:30 am. When you get there, go inside the main office and fill out your waiver, and pay for however many days you wish to wheel. Passengers must also fill out waivers and such. Get your wristbands, your daypass sticker, and head back out to your rig to air down your tires, shoot the ˟˟˟˟ with everyone, fill out our club waivers, and wait for any late-comers.

From the parking lot/staging area we'll split up into groups based on difficulty, pick CB channels, and have a quick pep-talk/ Q&A session. If all goes well, we should be on the trail by 9:30.

After that, each group goes their own way, since we will all be heading out at different times depending on location in the park and the group we are with, we will meet up back at camp. Please pay attention to other members in your group and make sure you stick together.

Then it's time for some beer, burgers, story-tellin', and story makin'!

BE SURE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE RAFFLE ON SATURDAY NIGHT!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Camping/Event HQ again this year is at RAUSCH CREEK. Camping is primitive, so be prepared. There are showers at the truckstop down the road. the Comfort Inn in Pine Grove, PA is close to the park, and is where most of the non-campers stay

Last edited by rattlewagon; 01-30-2012 at 10:34 AM.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:36 AM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
oooh... i just might. i'll hafta see. i'll also be going to the 4rnr jambo again. that was fun.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:41 AM

Im gonna try and make this, but dont see it happening.

Its a 8 hour drive one way for me...
Old 01-30-2012, 10:52 AM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
ouch. yeah, i don't blame you...
Old 05-30-2012, 05:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
would be cool, but not sure yet, have to check when it gets closer. if i do yotatillr and a few others would would have to go as well. rattlewagon if you go we should hook up and travel down together.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:43 PM

Yeah, Im not making it to this. Its too far away for my budget at the moment.

If your looking for people/places to wheel, try exploringnh.com and toyotacrawlers.com

Last edited by rattlewagon; 05-30-2012 at 05:48 PM.