FJ Cruiser 2007 & on

TRD Edition Wish List

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TRD Edition Wish List

Hey everybody the new FJ may be my next vehicle, but I am holding out until I get a look at the specs for the TRD Edition. Hopefully it will have more to it than TRD Stickers and Bilsteins

My wish would be for it to have a selectable front e-locker.

What enhancements would you like to see incorporated into the TRD Edition FJC?

Last edited by the_binkster; 06-13-2006 at 07:24 PM.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:26 PM

What I expect is different shocks, blingy wheels and TRD stickers.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by firemedic
What I expect is different shocks, blingy wheels and TRD stickers.
Yea, I suppose that might be about all as well. Oh and possible elimination of the White Roof (which will bum me out, I kind of like that part).

Okay, here's another wish ... come on TRD how about a 4to1 low range t-case?
Old 06-13-2006, 09:36 PM
Contributing Member

Or twin stick with front dig? Mmmmmm...
Old 06-14-2006, 01:53 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
From what I have read, the rig already have Bils on it for shocks.
Can someone confirm this?

I hope they leave the white top too, it has grown on me.

Gee, you think I will get mine from my dealer before the new edition one comes out
Old 06-14-2006, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by Corey
From what I have read, the rig already have Bils on it for shocks.
Can someone confirm this?
:
The shocks have japanese writing on them, nothing in english that sais bilstein.
Old 06-14-2006, 05:03 AM

my wish: SFA, then I'd would run out and buy one
Old 06-14-2006, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by JHupp
my wish: SFA, then I'd would run out and buy one
What's that saying about a place freezing over?

I've come to think that you can pretty much depend on Toyota never bringing anything back to the U.S. with a solid front axle (no matter how much we b@tch and complain about it). The FJC would have been the vehicle if it were so. Maybe we should just be happy that it still has a solid rear axle. It's funny that even on Toyota's tech section of the FJC website they admit that "When it comes to rock climbing = SFA's definitely excel". Why produce anything other than SFA then? It seems to me that most off-road enthusist will be wanting to rock crawl and do tougher trails in the FJC rather than speed the dunes at Glamis in a 4300lb tank ... besides the Taco already owns that arena, that's what the Prerunner is all about.

It just bothers me that Toyota has sooo many good SUV's that can satisfy the masses, why not just go all out on the FJC and use it as their true no-compromise offroad "Icon" like the way Jeep does with the Rubicon? Even though the Wrangler is the least selling (I've heard, though I didn't confirm) vehicle in their line up, Jeeps still produces it without compromise because they want that "Iconic" brand recognition and relationship to sell their less capable off-road, but more useful soccer mom vehicles.
Old 06-14-2006, 04:41 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

It has been said by Toyota engineers the reason the USA does not get a solid axle rig anymore is there is not a high enough demand.

We the wheelers are a very small minority compared to the soccer moms, grocery getters, and everyday commuters.

They have to design the rig to ride and handle the best in everyday situtions.
Had the FJ Cruiser been targeted for overseas, you bet your sweet bippy it may have had a solid axle up front.

But fear not, All Pro will have a SAS kit for you very very soon...
http://www.allprooffroad.com/
J Cruiser Lift Is Now In Stock! All-Pro goes back to its roots - the long awaited 2007 FJ Cruiser is here! We now have our IFS lift kit in stock. Look for armor parts coming soon, including a front winch mount bumper, a rear high clearance bumper, rock guards, and skid plates, followed by an SAS kit! Read More

Ultimate Adventure FJ Cruiser Build-Up - We are also doing the suspension build-up on the Ultimate Adventure FJ Cruiser! Let the cutting begin! It will have 39" Krawlers, 4 speed Atlas, Dynatrac Pro-Rock 60s front & rear, and we will be developing a 3-link solid axle swap kit. Click Here for Picture
Old 06-15-2006, 05:02 AM

It has been said by Toyota engineers the reason the USA does not get a solid axle rig anymore is there is not a high enough demand.

We the wheelers are a very small minority compared to the soccer moms, grocery getters, and everyday commuters.

/[/url]
The FJ was targeted for off-road. Never intended for soccer moms, etc..
Old 06-15-2006, 07:47 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Yeah I know, but I have read on a few forums already of peeps selling them because they ride to rough, they did not want an off road rig to begin with.
They bought it on account of it looked cool.

Some are even talking about lowering them
Old 06-15-2006, 08:16 AM

Yeah I know, but I have read on a few forums already of peeps selling them because they ride to rough, they did not want an off road rig to begin with.

I like the way it rides, and for me, it could be even firmer. I use it to commute 100 miles per day, and some weekend off-roading.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:39 AM

We must stop them before they report to Toyota!

I think we should rescue those poor FJC's from thier destructive homes and leave the imbeciles a paper bag full of dog poo

Who's with me?!

Erich
Old 06-15-2006, 09:50 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by FJ40
The FJ was targeted for off-road. Never intended for soccer moms, etc..
The reality is most might only see a dirt road every so often and some (gasp!) will end up riding on 20"+ wheels. The off road group is still a very small percentage that would require anything beyond the FJ's stock suspension.
Old 06-15-2006, 10:23 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Yeah, I have ridden in one, and it rode better than my old junk.
The ones I saw complaining were expecting a ride and handling experience like a sports car.

They bought into the image of the FJC only, and knew zero about the heritage or background of it.

Stupid lemmings.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:43 AM

Other TRD edition ideas: TRD exhaust, fog/trail lights incorporated into the bumper that operate independently from the headlights, and another vote for the front e-locker...
Old 06-16-2006, 10:59 AM
Contributing Member

my fj rides smooth and other then the road noise at high speeds or high winds , is very quiet , the rack and all , but with more lights and the new aluminum box i put on there it might be less now. we will see how bad it is on my first long journy this weekend.

my vote for a true trd parts list- front e locker definitly, adjsutable ride height coil overs, badder arse tires ( like the ones on the pre production , bad ass looking at least), stock lift of 4 inch plus , with room for 35's from the factory, keep the white roof ( leave the non whitey roof for the 2 wheel drive bling edition , have that come lowered with 22's and rubber bands for tires and have it in the next seqeul to fast and the furious with a 4cly , turbo charged , nitrous burning , bling mobile, we could call it the fj faf utey LOL) back to the trd off road package , come out with the darn off road light package, and i vote for the twin stick xcase .

airrikk17
Old 06-16-2006, 11:20 AM

I think the standard shocks on the FJ are comparable to the TRD shocks on the Tacoma. The ride is equally as stiff, at least mine is with already 1000 miles.
Old 06-16-2006, 12:29 PM

Yeah I know, but I have read on a few forums already of peeps selling them because they ride to rough, they did not want an off road rig to begin with. They bought it on account of it looked cool.

Its people like this who buy SUV's and Trucks and then whine to the manufacturers (that they don't ride like a car) that have pretty much screwed it up for all Off-Roaders.

I mean even Land Rover (probably the most "iconic" off-road vehicle manufacturer) have eliminated all solid axels (both front and REAR) from their entire U.S. line-up. This is the company that supplied vehicles for the brutal Camel Trophy competition, whose vehicles were prepped with mainly off-the-shelf Land Rover parts, a company that if you went into their dealership had signs and demonstrations insisting that solid front and rear axles were the only way to go for true perfomace off-road vehicles. Now, nary a solid axle in site, their SUV's are more closely realted to cars than their heritage. I'd like to see a Range Rover or LR3 that can come even close to completing a Camel Trophy competition. Oh, but now we have the Politically Correct G4 Challenge, a brutal (sic) challenge, where extemely expensive 4wd vehicles are used as highway transportation to take you from one interesting ecologically friendly challenge to the next), watch out for that speed bump .

Last edited by the_binkster; 06-16-2006 at 12:32 PM.
Old 06-16-2006, 01:10 PM

Ok, so far we have this wish list:

1. True Adjustable Coil-Overs.

2. 33" tires out of the gate (but room for 35").

3. Twin Stick Transfer Case.

4. SFA (Dream On)

5. Front E-Locker.

6. TRD Exhaust.

7. Off-Road light package incorporated into the bumper.
(Independent from the headlights)
8. Keep the White Top.
(Maybe a TRD Special Edition color that is not available otherwise like Fire Engine Red, Dark Charcoal or my personal fav Forest Ranger Green )
9. Oh and don't forget those snappy TRD stickers.
(They give at least 4" of clearance )
Did I miss anything thus far? It's intersting to note; that besides the exhaust, nobody has really mentioned any speed or hp enhancing devices.

Last edited by the_binkster; 06-16-2006 at 01:14 PM.

Quick Reply: TRD Edition Wish List