General Electrical & Lighting Related Topics Ask here for electrical, wiring, and lighting info for your rig that could apply to all years
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Downward facing lights that work w/ alarm

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2004, 03:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Downward facing lights that work w/ alarm

I was wondering if anyone has put any lights on their truck that come on when the doors are locked/unlocked w/ the remote. Like some fords have on the mirrors, that shine on the ground so you can see puddles or whatnot. I have alot of crap in my car, and things fall out when I open the door sometimes, so lights would be helpful. And pretty cool I think. Maybe some White leds under the running boards or the mirror maybe? Ideas? Pics?
Old 07-11-2004, 04:46 PM
WT

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chuckd
I was wondering if anyone has put any lights on their truck that come on when the doors are locked/unlocked w/ the remote. Like some fords have on the mirrors, that shine on the ground so you can see puddles or whatnot. I have alot of crap in my car, and things fall out when I open the door sometimes, so lights would be helpful. And pretty cool I think. Maybe some White leds under the running boards or the mirror maybe? Ideas? Pics?
Never heard of this being done before but someones probably done it. I was thinking hmmm what about some white or colored under car lights like the Glowing ones that you can get for under the car (street glow) perhaps, just a idea.
Old 07-11-2004, 05:11 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have been playing with the thought of lights to shine under my truck (more to light obstructions). Trucklight makes LED backup lights and interior lights. These are sealed housings and LED's won't burn out like a light bulb will.

4" round:
http://www.truck-lite.com/webapp/wcs...3667&langId=-1

2 1/2" X 6" oval (this pic is of incandesent, but LED is now avail):
http://www.truck-lite.com/webapp/wcs...3673&langId=-1

They make steel brackets to hold both these lamps. My buyer gets them from the NAPA warehouse.
Old 07-12-2004, 11:26 PM
Contributing Member

When I unlock my runner, the interior lights stay on for something like 30 seconds....So I'm willing to bet you could wire some LED's under the running boards (or rocker panels) into the dome light circuit. So whenever the door is open, those lights are on. Just an idea.
Old 07-13-2004, 06:40 AM

Those lamps look pretty nice. I might have to get 2-4 of them.

The interior lights are what I was thinking of hooking them to. I have lights in my footwells connected to my dome. I wonder if I can get a seperate power source for the external lights but have them come on and off with the interior lights. Maybe if I had a witch with a remote lead like one for the foglights and just leave it switched on, then whenever the lead got power the lights would come on.
Sound feasible? I have an extra foglight rocker switch just sitting around.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:28 AM
Contributing Member

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by chuckd
I have alot of crap in my car, and things fall out when I open the door sometimes.
How about cleaning all the crap out?

Andreas
Old 07-13-2004, 10:36 AM

No.

It's usually just things like hats or shoes or work/gym clothes. Or beer cans from passengers.