General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

Who defends there toyota?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 06:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
because toyotas are proven and reliable
Old 09-09-2009, 06:24 PM

haha i finaly got a friend that parks in the same row as me at school, lol odly enough its called hick row but he drives a yota and from talking to him and being on y/t i decided us toyota owners we are a proud ppl we love our imports more than ppl love there domestic we shed blood and tears for our yotas lol, and i had a friend follow me up a little atv trail once lol he was driving a 79 ford and he got jelous of my toyota real quick lol he called it a ninja haha
Old 09-09-2009, 06:38 PM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by abecedarian
I'd put money down for proof. Ever call them out on it?
Ever ask them IRS or swing axle beetle?
Had one of each...71 Bug and a 72 Super Beetle, Fun little cars they are. For the ones that never drove one you are truly missing out.

I have to defend mine every now and then. Mainly from my buddy who has a F250 PowerStroke (which I did need help from him one day, needed to tow an excavator). I just tell him when and where I'm going to wheel and ask him to come and ya know he never shows...Wonder why???
Old 09-09-2009, 06:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
*their
Old 09-09-2009, 07:37 PM

I don't bother. i just switch the conversation to features I like about my current vehicle. on my Nissan it was the bullet proof engine & transmission, on my Toyota it is the aftermarket support and good looks,....on my Isuzu it is the power and nice ride and interior space....on my suzuki it's the open top and solid axles.

I've found there are no perfect vehicles. Each model has something attractive and designed well and something that isn't so great (i.e. 22RE headgaskets). I pick the vehicle based on what I value most...and price.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Lumpy
Had one of each...71 Bug and a 72 Super Beetle, Fun little cars they are. For the ones that never drove one you are truly missing out.

I didn't find them that much fun. They were a bit like driving a slow, loud homebuilt go cart with ridiculous seat belts and goofy door handles. and a clunky transmission.

They were never meant to be a fun car and I think the reason there is still new interest in them from younger people is that they are iconic from the perceived "good old times". That, and its trendy to be quirky and Beetles were quirky alright.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:04 PM

friends say my 84 is a pice of sh**..I say, "At least it's my pice of sh**!!" and not my dads......"YOU BOUGHT THAT, I BUILT THIS"
Old 09-09-2009, 09:15 PM

I find myself defending mine alot....but I think its worth it...honestly it just comes down to who can SHUT UP AND WHEEL, becasue it really doesnt matter...lol if it runs and gets you from A to B that works...lol and who can keep up with me
Old 09-09-2009, 09:17 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
all of my friends talked crap about my toyota's and so does everybody else that i go wheeling with.....that is until im pulling them full-size trucks out HAHAHAHAHAHA

i've only gotte by '80 toyota stuck one time..it was burried up to the doors in some NASTY mud..and i was only trying to pull a friend out (it was a jeep cherokee..and i pulled him out before i got stuck)..so my friend in his '96 F-350 decided he'd pull me out..he couldnt do it..so he latched onto me with his winch and got me out like that..lol

my '86 has never been stuck..but i did stall out in some deep water..but i wasnt stuck..if i could've started the motor..everything would have been fine..lol

i once pulled my friends '97 F-150 (4in lift and 33" swampers) out of a decently deep hole (covered his tires completely) and after that he said "aint no way you'll make it through so dont even try" me being me i went ahead and tried..and to his amazement i made it through no problem at all..

i just laugh when guy's jaws hit the ground because of what my toyota can do that their full size V8 powered trucks couldnt..lol
Old 09-09-2009, 09:26 PM

Personally I never have had to defend my driving a Toyota Truck. It does just fine getting me to the parts store when a customer brings me their Ford or GM product to work on ( I refuse to work on Dodge's). After years of working at Lexus and Toyota Dealerships I've actually found myself trying to make new customers feel better when they talk about their past ignorance. As far as the full-size argument, personally I don't want a full size truck. I love the feel of the older Trucks and Taco's due to the fact that I can see where my truck begins and ends during everyday driving and especially off-roading. Now that I'm older I find myself feeling less of a need to justify myself when I encounter an ignorant person. Don't get me wrong though, I could easily see myself getting in a fight if the right buttons were pressed about mine or a fellow owner's Yota.

Last edited by GA22RE; 09-09-2009 at 09:27 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:44 PM
Contributing Member

I never had to defend owning a toyota. Most people know that toyota symbolizes reliability and toughness. From the taliban in Afghanistan to the 3rd world militaries in Africa. They are up to the task of surviving in some of the worlds toughest terrain. Theres a reason Toyota is the worlds largest auto manufacturer. And its not because they build crap!
Old 09-09-2009, 09:48 PM

friends say it a P.O.S, I say,"Ya but, its my P.O.S, not my dads"
"You bought that, I built this"
damn, i forgot i said this already

Last edited by ToyBotz; 09-09-2009 at 09:53 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by ToyBotz
friends say it a P.O.S, I say,"Ya but, its my P.O.S, not my dads"
"You bought that, I built this"
damn, i forgot i said this already

BWAHAAAAA..... It aint even Friday yet!!!???
Old 09-09-2009, 10:21 PM

I hardly ever have to defend my 4runner. Most people recognize it's reliability and toughness.

And I probably spent 1/5 of what it took to buy theirs anyway
Old 09-09-2009, 10:22 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You cant compare a full size for a Toy.

I defend mine for what they are nothing more
Old 09-09-2009, 10:37 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
For the most part though, people are quite reverent when talking about my (or other) Toyota trucks. Even the guys with older full sizes (ie: actually use them offroad). I fly fish and a lot of my fishing buddies aspire to owning Tacomas especially and they drive Fords, Dodges, Jeeps, etc. Just about everyone who's spent time in the bush has a good story about Toyotas.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:39 PM

Some dudes I've went wheeling with are like "Man that thing doesn't have much power for this, or tires are too small for that, you need lockers like the ones in my Landcruiser on 38"s etc" they soon S T F U when were wheeling and they get bogged down in the first decent bit of mud in there 3,000kg pieces of over powered crap (Nissan Patrols, Landcruisers etc)
Old 09-09-2009, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by hellfire
Some dudes I've went wheeling with are like "Man that thing doesn't have much power for this, or tires are too small for that, you need lockers like the ones in my Landcruiser on 38"s etc" they soon S T F U when were wheeling and they get bogged down in the first decent bit of mud in there 3,000kg pieces of over powered crap (Nissan Patrols, Landcruisers etc)

i wish i had a 4 door yot!
Old 09-09-2009, 10:44 PM

Man I wish I had a 2 door, they're so expensive here, no one really wants 4 doors lol!
Old 09-09-2009, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by hellfire
Man I wish I had a 2 door, they're so expensive here, no one really wants 4 doors lol!
dang, we all want four doors and you all want two doors? thats too funny.

Quick Reply: Who defends there toyota?