General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

My baby was in a minor accident today

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My baby was in a minor accident today

Hey all,

I was simply stopped waiting to turn into Wendy's when someone hit me from behind. The damage is so minor that I almost did not see it at first and almost drove away with out taking any information. However, I took a minute to run my hand over the bumper and could feel the indentation; if you bend down bumper level you can see it. It is SO SO SO minor, but it is there. I feel bad reporting this to the offenders insurance company because of how minor it is. The may laugh me out of the body shop when they repair it. It may only be a pop out who knows, I know nothing about that. Should I leave it be or should I report? I hate to be petty. I will be driving my 4runner for at least another year if not more, I wonder if this small dent will affect trade in value.
Old 02-10-2008, 03:55 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Hello, and welcome to YotaTech.

I think any accident should be reported, as it may not show any damage on the bumper, but something else might crop up with the frame, you never know.

I have heard of other people getting rear ended and thinking nothing happened they change their tune when they get on the freeway at 60+ MPH and the vehicle no longer tracks right.

You should always get it checked out.