General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

Exhaust Jack ARB Bushranger X-Jack

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 06:27 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exhaust Jack ARB Bushranger X-Jack

Anyone seen or used one of these? I can't imagine it does not harm the engine. But an ingenious idea.

Seattle, WA – ARB 4x4 Accessories, Australian based four wheel parts manufacturer was honored with the Best New Exterior Accessory Product award for ARB Bushranger X-Jack at the 2005 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) trade show in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Crawling around under your vehicle to safely position your conventional jack can now be a thing of the past. With an ARB X-Jack, simply place the unit on the ground beneath the side of the vehicle to be raised and connect the hose to your tailpipe. When the engine is started, the jack inflates. With a lifting capacity of 8800 pounds, an exhaust jack is the fastest way to lift your vehicle up to 30 inches.

Bushranger product engineers recognized that conventional jacks were not suitable to all types of terrain. In unstable areas of mud, sand and snow, the exhaust jack offers a wider footprint to avoid sinking and uses specially designed, triangular shaped feet to keep the unit firmly grounded. For ease and greater stability, this unit is designed to be safely placed under the side of the body rather than positioned under an axle like a traditional jack.

ARB X-JackA solid hard plate integrated in to the top of the X-Jack along with additional side curtains offer maximum protection against punctures. The X-Jack also offers a secondary inflation point for a 12 volt compressor and for maximum speed, the compressor and the exhaust hose can be connected at the same time.

Sold complete in a heavy duty storage bag with a puncture repair kit, a ground mat, the exhaust connection kit and a pair of gloves, the ARB X-jack kit is small enough to be easily stowed in your vehicle.

When in sand, snow or mud an ARB X-Jack is the fastest way to get your vehicle lifted. Currently in stock and compatible with all vehicle models the ARB X-Jack can be ordered from your local dealer using ARB part number 72X10US.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's pretty stinkin cool says me! I wonder how long it takes to fill it up, and if there's some kind of gate to minimize the backpressure...
Old 02-09-2006, 11:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Its a low preasure rescue airbag. You can fill it with a compressor if you are worried about your engine, but it won't harm it. Worst case, the engine stalls.

Lamm
Old 05-04-2008, 12:33 PM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Question Pressure?

What's the pressure inside of the bag? There's a place for using an air compressor and I need for one of you hipster high speed low drag types to let me know if you can get a pressure reading on that bag for me. I'm looking at making one out of cheap supplies but I need to know if the pressure is 3-4lbs or 40-60lbs/sq in.