Newbie Tech Section Often asked technical questions can be asked here

Rebuild 22RE using engnbldr?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 04:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've used his Torker cam and steel timing guide kit, excellent products.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:20 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
OK so the motor is in and almost ready to fire up . I worked on it most of the day yesterday and all thats left is the belts ,fan ,shroud and radiator and fluids . I do have a couple bolts left over that I cant find a home for . Im starting to think they came off the spare junk motor we were thinking about using the parts off of. I should have it running tonight if all goes well !! Im super excited !! Ill tell you one thing the Wiring harness fuggin sux ass on this thing its hella old and brittle and really a pain in the ars to run . I think I got it right with the help of my brother in law . Ill let you guys know tomorrow if its up and running and how I like my engbldr motor . Im chomping at the bit to get off work and go finish .. I might have to have a stomach ache so I can sneak outta here early ..lol
Old 12-27-2011, 08:32 AM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Right on, Rick, ... I hear ya. Just take your time as much as needed/possible and double read over everything.... You'll be fine. Like riding a bike, bud! lol.

Stoked for ya... nearly there
Old 12-28-2011, 06:01 AM

Im baaaack !!!!

GOT IT IN AND RUNNING !!! So once I figured out I was 180 degrees out on the timing it fired right up and ran smooth as butter !! Im very happy so far with this build . Reluctantly I had to use the old crappy ex manifold that leaks a little for a minute until it gets hot but I will change that to a header in feb once I recover from xmas and this motor . I ran it for about 15 minutes then rechecked for leaks and so far everything is looking great . Then I ate some pizza and came back out and ran it for another 15 minutes then I drove it and it runs really smooth and DEF has more power especially down low . I really feel like the cam works good and I cant wait to get a couple tanks of gas through it so I can install the header and let her rip .lol. I drove it for about 10 miles last night and then I drove it the 20 miles to work this am and so far no leaks and running good Im so happy right now. I need to gear my truck real bad but with this new motor and the cam it definitely goes down the highway sooooo much better I dont have to down shift between 3rd and 4th anymore It pulls the small hills in
4th now that I could never go up with out speeding like a demon or down shifting . Im really impressed with my engblder motor and at this point I would def recommend their stuff . Ill let you guys know after I drive this bad boy to the sierras and back this weekend how its running . THANKS FOR ALL THE HELPFUL REPLYS AND ENCOURAGEMENT YOTA TECH ROCKS !!!
Old 12-28-2011, 08:18 AM

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOT! LOL. Great news, man! Just be careful out there with that more peppy motor..... It'll be harder to stop with your foot to the floor when the Occupy Crowds come flying out into the street! lol.

Was 38F here this morning in the SOUTH Bay(Long Beach Adjacent)...... How bout up there?
Old 12-28-2011, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by ChefYota4x4
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOT! LOL. Great news, man! Just be careful out there with that more peppy motor..... It'll be harder to stop with your foot to the floor when the Occupy Crowds come flying out into the street! lol.

Was 38F here this morning in the SOUTH Bay(Long Beach Adjacent)...... How bout up there?
I knowww right this things a rocket now ..lol.. It was 36 on my back porch at 4:40 this morning ..still no much needed rain though I think were gonne be in trouble this summer
Old 12-28-2011, 08:52 AM

OH BTW I JUST CLIMBED UNDER MY TRUCK TO GREASE THE UJOINTS AND FOUND THE CENTER CARRIER BEARING UJOINT WAS WASTED ..LOL i really want a new driveshaft but i cant afford it right now i guess ill just buy the joint for now .
Old 12-29-2011, 08:34 AM

I got my joints at Napa, good deal, lifetime guarantee, .......was told to do so by a buddy who does suspension/drivetrain.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:38 AM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
nice motor!!
Old 12-29-2011, 09:01 AM

PS> Don't think you'll be in trouble..... Supposed to be a heavy snow/rain year, no? Already lots of snow in the sierras/angeles crest/San Berdu, etc..... My buddy in OR says it's raining and snowing like crazy, too.... It's just been working around you for now, maybe? hehe.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by toyospearo
nice motor!!
thanks !!!
Old 01-05-2012, 06:50 AM

Ok so the new motor ran sooooo good up to tahoe and back Im very happy with the engblder.com set up . I have quit a bit more power and I havent even geared with the 529's yet I did have an issue with my rear diff though. Its sooooo totally my fault I should have serviced it and I never did (stupid stupid stupid ). There was no oil in the diff and on the way home I sheared off all the pinion gear teeth driving through Sacramento so I did what any Hill Billy would do and threw it in 4wd and drove the rest of the way .lol. Well I found out alot about my truck and now I got all new rear brakes a perfectly working e brake and another stock gear ratio third member . Which sucks but I need this thing running and I cant afford the new gears and locker at this time . so thats my story for now .thanks for all the relplys and advise