Newbie Tech Section Often asked technical questions can be asked here

Cleaning out 22RE EFI?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
save your self some hassle just fill your tank with 93 oct.

dump seafoam into your intanke while its running...

add some seafoam in to your fuel tank...

carb, cleaner works great too just spray it in the intake while its running it should clean up all the junk...

a few cap fulls of ATF in your intake will clean up your intake almost instantly

a galllon jug of bleach and make a puddle of water/bleach and u will be doing burnouts in the matter of minutes...
Old 07-12-2010, 04:50 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by 1990yota-pickup
save your self some hassle just fill your tank with 93 oct.

dump seafoam into your intanke while its running...

add some seafoam in to your fuel tank...

carb, cleaner works great too just spray it in the intake while its running it should clean up all the junk...

a few cap fulls of ATF in your intake will clean up your intake almost instantly

a galllon jug of bleach and make a puddle of water/bleach and u will be doing burnouts in the matter of minutes...
There is no way you can clean the upper intake in the manor that you describe above , the sludge that builds up in the upper intake can be very thick and sometimes takes lots of soaking and scraping with a long screw driver or stick to break it loose. When i cleaned the upper intake that im going to install on my truck, it took four cans of carb cleaner, cleaning, soaking and scraping to get it clean, now it looks good as new.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol, yeah, ive ran seafoam threw my engine a few times, and theres still about an inch of goop on my intake walls, itll probably work with something newer and cleaner, but my junk is practiclly caked on lol
Old 07-12-2010, 05:05 PM

well if you use my method u will prevent junk from building up..

high oct gas will prevent most of the junk...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt_oXKxe3wo

this isnt me but its a good idea on how to do it

Last edited by 1990yota-pickup; 07-12-2010 at 05:06 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:22 PM

this is what u can do the will work pretty good.. take your top part of your intake manifold off and and spray out the lower pieces with carb. cleaner.. if you keep your ground wire to your intake grounded to the intake your engine will still run so you spray carb cleaner down those long tubes after u used a wire brush,shop towels and a shop vac to suck out any nasty stuff that u think will harm you cly's

doing this will keep you from taking off the entire manifold so you dont gotta take of all those extra bolts..

if you do it my way u should have to unbolt thet 6 nuts/bolts on the upper manifold..

a intake gasket set made by felpro is about 6 bucks at advanced auto parts..

if you want to save time do it the way i described but.. you can always do it the right way..

if you cutter cornners always factor in room for errors.. but if you have thet right shop equipment you can save your self alot of time and money..

it is very easy to make a vacumm sihpon out of blow gun .. just get a t fitting and some rubber hose.. so if you dont have a shop vac.. it will usually work alot better..